Liar Liar

CherieAtwood

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually you can tell by the fact that their mouth is moving.

Language and cultural differences can make it very difficult to tell when you're being lied to here (Thai to farang and farang to Thai). I've stood next to some farangs lying their arses off to some Thai girls who just believed everything they were told... even though to me it was completely obvious bs. But I would think Cherie is cosmopolitan enough to spot the obvious ones ;-)

Language and cultural differences can make it very difficult to tell when you're being lied to here (Thai to farang and farang to Thai). I've stood next to some farangs lying their arses off to some Thai girls who just believed everything they were told... even though to me it was completely obvious bs. But I would think Cherie is cosmopolitan enough to spot the obvious ones ;-)

mate, I wish I were THAT cosmopolitan :!:

Always thought of Cherie as more Razzle or Reader's Wives than Cosmopolitan...

:twisted:

Bodies of lies ...

- Limited / stiff body expression.

- Avoid making eye contacts (usually looking up to the left).

- Touching their face, throat & mouth.

- Gets defensive.

- Turn his head or body away.

- Unconsciously place objects (book, coffee cup, etc.) between themselves and you.

- The display of emotion is delayed.

- Change subject of a conversation quickly.

- Using humor or sarcasm to avoid a subject.

Of course there are people who passes lie detectors........ Sometimes Ignorance is bliss.

Always thought of Cherie as more Razzle or Reader's Wives than Cosmopolitan...

:twisted:

you know me :wink:

Well, SweetieBabie had a pretty good list, but I think that the two best ways to tell are when someone has really short answers with no details at all. It's easier to tell a lie with fewer facts like, "I stayed home all night with my friend Bob" than it is to make up a lie about running errands and finding this but then having to do that... and then there was an accident... blah blah blah.

The other one that's really telling is scratching the tip of one's nose, a dead giveaway:

Blood pressure goes up when a person lies and otherwise feels anxious, angry or upset, which causes a tingling in the nose. People will often lightly touch the underside of their nose, by the nostrils, to satisfy this itch. This touching is quicker and gentler than the more deliberate, vigorous, repetitive rub to satisfy a typical itchy nose.

And finally, if you hear the words, "I love you, only one teerak." :roll: