Will today's religions one day die?

PeeMarc

Since it's impossible to disprove the existence of a higher being or an afterlife of some sort, and people have an innate desire to believe in something, it seems likely that there will always be some kind of religion.

so... logically, when those things are proved or disproved, we can do away with religion. Right?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it's impossible to disprove the existence of a higher being or an afterlife of some sort, and people have an innate desire to believe in something, it seems likely that there will always be some kind of religion.

so... logically, when those things are proved or disproved, we can do away with religion. Right?

problem is you get rid of one and two more sprout up after it.........

I think you missed my point. You cannot and never will be able to disprove the existence of a higher being or an afterlife.

I think you missed my point. You cannot and never will be able to disprove the existence of a higher being or an afterlife.

no. I think you missed my point. You cannot say that we cannot or never be able to disprove the existence of a higher being or an afterlife.

Illogical my friend. Therefore my question stands.

no. I think you missed my point. You cannot say that we cannot or never be able to disprove the existence of a higher being or an afterlife.

ok ok .... FFS .... which of u 2 guys has overdosed on star trek and now thinks he's spock !!! :D:D:D:D

and speaking of which .... can u believe he got the hot babe in the movie !!! :shock: :shock:

I can say that, and I still do. It's completely logical. The Universe is the sum of all things that physically exist. Anyone can postulate the existence of something outside of our Universe, and there is no way to prove them wrong. Ask a scientist if you don't believe me.

I can say that, and I still do. It's completely logical. The Universe is the sum of all things that physically exist. Anyone can postulate the existence of something outside of our Universe, and there is no way to prove them wrong.

yet.

I can say that, and I still do. It's completely logical. The Universe is the sum of all things that physically exist. Anyone can postulate the existence of something outside of our Universe, and there is no way to prove them wrong.

yet.

Marc, there never can be. It's not a lack of knowledge that prevents disproof. It's a fundamental limit to knowledge itself due to very simple logic. We can never know about anything outside of our Universe, if we did then it wouldn't be outside our Universe. Like I said... ask a scientist or look it up.

Along with the death of religions due to the enlightenment of the masses, soon the belief in governments, marriage, and the monetary system will follow. The are all based on huge leaps of faith that people are somehow better with these invented systems.

We are only hardwired to eat and shag.

Whaaat?

Who wouldn't want to be a Muslim?

Look at their eductaion standards.

Look at the great standard of living for the average Muslim.

Look at the peaceful loving way they go about converting people.

All the infidels having disgusting music, sex and alcohol parties and driving to work in their air-conditioned cars are gonna be REALLY sorry when Osama comes to town....

...better start growing those beards, boys.

Whaaat?

Who wouldn't want to be a Muslim?

Look at their eductaion standards.

Look at the great standard of living for the average Muslim.

Look at the peaceful loving way they go about converting people.

All the infidels having disgusting music, sex and alcohol parties and driving to work in their air-conditioned cars are gonna be REALLY sorry when Osama comes to town....

...better start growing those beards, boys.

I think English Bob has been brain washed by those Southerners he's hanging out with.