AIRLINE RANKING 2009

Hugo

Cathay Pacific Airways is named Airline of the Year in the World Airline Awards

Cathay Pacific Airways picked up the 2009 Airline of the Year award at the first live SKYTRAX World Airline Awards ceremony held in Hamburg, Germany on 1st April 2009.

More than 16 million air travellers drawn from over 95 different nationalities took part in the 8 month long survey. The awards are recognised around the world for being the only true global independent passenger survey of airline standards. The survey does not receive any third party sponsorship and is entirely funded by Skytrax.

Thai Airways got the 10th place (after #4 in 2008), but its First Class Lounge at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport take the honour as Best First Class Lounge. In addition to lounge facilities and amenities that many lounges provide, this Thai Airways facility is well known for its Royal Orchid Spa offering a full ranges of service including Foot-massage and traditional Thai massage, 3 Spa Suites with Jacuzzi.

Full report and ranking see at

:arrow: http://www.airlinequality.com/news/030409_CathayPacific.htm

and

:arrow: http://www.worldairlineawards.com/index.htm :!:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Ten are:

1 Cathay Pacific

2 Singapore Airlines

3 Asiana Airlines

4 Qatar Airways

5 Emirates

6 Qantas

7 Etihad Airways

8 Air New Zealand

9 Malaysia Airlines

10 Thai Airways

And Bangkok Airways won the 2009 award as the Best Regional Airline Asia.

Cathay Pacific is the first airlines that I think of when customer ask for tickets to everywhere in the world.

then Emirates, Thai Airways and China Air (are the most)

Because that the airlines with the best connections from asia to everywhere else, but personally i didn't enjoy Emirates as good as Cathay Pacific, Thai and British Airways.

Cathay Pacific is the first airlines that I think of when customer ask for tickets to everywhere in the world.

then Emirates, Thai Airways and China Air (are the most)

Because that the airlines with the best connections from asia to everywhere else, but personally i didn't enjoy Emirates as good as Cathay Pacific, Thai and British Airways.

good point :roll:

Flew Qatar Airways back to Thailand 3 years ago, loved the experience, food was pretty good and so many movies available for you to watch on board...

Yes, Qatar (and Etihad) have a great entertainment program - cause of new planes and the effort to get more passengers from other airlines on this routing. No wonder that Thai (and Lufthansa btw) lose customers...

Flew Qatar Airways back to Thailand 3 years ago, loved the experience, food was pretty good and so many movies available for you to watch on board...

Yes, Qatar (and Etihad) have a great entertainment program - cause of new planes and the effort to get more passengers from other airlines on this routing. No wonder that Thai (and Lufthansa btw) lose customers...

Three years ago, Qatar Airport was scary though :oops:

But you survived it!

and they survived you... :winky:

But you survived it!

and they survived you... :winky:

True :roll:

i personally like CX. never use the service but used to work with them in some ways and the staff were so polite and airfares were resonable plus the routing was good : )

My last flying ( to Singapore ) was with CX but my first time with them, i like the price as it's only 200b. higher than TG to Phuket. But a chinese guy who sat next to me was picked his nose during meal time...yuck .. :x and a drunken (farang) ruined my pleasant flying.

I m with SB to vote for Singapore Airline, enough for being support Thai airline, inflight entertainment sucks. flight attendants are arrogant, treat thai people like second (or third) class passenger.

I flew with 4 out out the top ten: Cathay Pacific, Qantas, Etihad and Malaysia ....... my experience is that they are all quite the same level. I had a good experience with Cathay Pacific tho. When I flew from HK to Europe the plane had to wait very long to get in the air, they lost their slot, we were offered many times water or juice during the delay of almost 3 hours, sitting in the plane that was pushed back already from the terminal. I slept very long during that flight and my leg was cramped and one of the ground staff saw me limping, she asked me what happened and said me to wait. She rushed away and came back with a wheelchair. She pushed me and brought me to the luggage room and to the arrival hall and waited there until I said it was okay.Off course it helped she was nice and pretty :wink: .

Overall I prefer Etihad as they leave from Brussels. It's only 15 min. with a train from my hometown directly to the airport. I don't mind to wait for a few hours in Abu Dhabi, you can stretch your legs and have a beer :P . Their service is pretty good and friendly. Back to Brussels on the second leg I got even a business seat without asking.

But the main point is that it's enough for me when they bring me from A to B on a quite decent and safe way.

I have flown with three of the top ten Qantas a few years ago now, (I won't comment) thai are ok you only pay for what you get, and Singapore Airlines easily the best I have flown with!! The planes are relatively new (Boeing 777/300) the hostie's bring drinks out (water orange juice, beer etc etc) on a fairly regular basis!!!

On the cheaper airlines I think Air Asia has the best lookng hostie's (Flight Attendants) for the political correct!!!!

That's real important!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I have flown with three of the top ten Qantas a few years ago now, (I won't comment) thai are ok you only pay for what you get, and Singapore Airlines easily the best I have flown with!! The planes are relatively new (Boeing 777/300) the hostie's bring drinks out (water orange juice, beer etc etc) on a fairly regular basis!!!

On the cheaper airlines I think Air Asia has the best lookng hostie's (Flight Attendants) for the political correct!!!!

Hosties ? I thought they are called juice pushers :lol:

Hosties ? I thought they are called juice pushers :lol:

On Quantas, they're called Poo Pushers. Howzat for politically incorrect !! :twisted:

Yeah yeah, Cathay Pacific is the way to go. Even though Singapore Air has been on the top for quite long time, Cathay is second to none. I have traveled with CX on long hauls between LAX to HKG and short trips between HKG and BKK. All class services (first, business and economy) are excellent, of course of the 3 nothing can beat first class on their 747-400s with new suites.

I have also used Thai Airways domestic between Don Mueang and Ubon Ratchathani, and those 737-700s are OK, service was nice too.

CH...

Scary in what way Cherie?

Singapore are great but dont use them from London, they are still using the old planes. I take them from Paris instead. I agree Thai Air are now rubbish.

Air Newzealand are worth a look, as are Emerates.

I'm using Swiss Air in June, to use uo some BMI miles, the website looks good, new planes and flat beds. I'll let you know if the service is up to standard.

If your going to the carabbean, use BMI. Miles better than BA.