Do Thais need a VISA to enter Cambodia?

Mister Moobs

I am 99% sure they do . You can get it on arrival at the border or airport - offical cost $20 - you need 2 photos.

You can also get it on line takes 1 day and costs $25 - it saves time hanging around at the border.

They definitely need a visa...let me rephrase my earlier post as I think he is wondering whether or not they have to apply well in advance of their trip.

I'm pretty sure that Thais can just go to the border and get a visa without any hassle the same day that they plan on traveling.

It's probably the same as with Americans at the Cambo border...just go with your pics, pay, sign some things, and you are good to go.

Yes, Thais can apply for visa on arrival at the border or at the airport.

Prepare 1 photo with you and 20$ for tourist visa and 25$ for business visa and you can apply for multiple entry visa and pay more $.

You can get a visa at embassy in BKK also 20$ if you get a visa the next day and 25$ if you get it the same day in the afternoon.

They are tricky and want to charge you some more like 5$ to put in their pocket.

make sure u take the photo with, or prepare to pay 2 USD extra for the photo. but it's also an option that u don't have to take the photo with for visa.

But if u r going through Phnom Penh you have to pay only 1 USD for the photo.

As long as u don't wear business clothes, just go for tourist visa, why pay extra 5 USD? I'ts way hot there now, but the hotel is super cheap.

Problem is u might be whacked on the prices for tuk tuk and stuff coz nobody is there and they will possibly try to get every dollar outta you. Hire a van/car i'ts be pretty much the same price as tuk tuk. I can recommend a good dirver if you want.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

I've been to Siem Reap a few times. Just wanna take my beautiful girl there and show here the place.

I've got the whole thing planned out already. Staying at the Golden Banana. It's a cool little place kind of out of the way. But it's a great place to stay. Owner is a great little guy who treats all like family.

Won't do it this time, but, I would love to rent the bike once and tool around the temples at my leisure one day.

I absolutely love Angkor...I've never had a bad time there. (Knock on wood)

Thanks again guys.