Dealing with The Egotist

Some said ?when you grow older you get wiser at the same time.?

Of which i found in many cases, the older you get the ego gets bigger as well. ok, may be egotistic does not always come with age. Some 's are just bigger than another. How can you distinguish Egotistic and too much self-esteem? Speaking of knowing everything, blocking everyone else opinion, everything else seem to be stupid in one's eye. One way = my way. As the world turns, having the mind stuck with the same old ideas he thought was right and couldn't seem to adjust themselves into a changing world with these i am always right and you are always wrong attitude. The word "NO" seems no longer in their dictionary, as there is no way one could disagree with.

How do you get along/ dealing with egomaniac / egotist individuals as a spouse, boss, employees or friends in your own experience?

High_Quality_Backstage__Fall-Winter.jpg?t=1242548729

Some said ?when you grow older you get wiser at the same time.?

Of which i found in many cases, the older you get the ego gets bigger as well. ok, may be egotistic does not always come with age. Some 's are just bigger than another. How can you distinguish Egotistic and too much self-esteem? Speaking of knowing everything, blocking everyone else opinion, everything else seem to be stupid in one's eye. One way = my way. As the world turns, having the mind stuck with the same old ideas he thought was right and couldn't seem to adjust themselves into a changing world with these i am always right and you are always wrong attitude. The word "NO" seems no longer in their dictionary, as there is no way one could disagree with.

How do you get along/ dealing with egomaniac / egotist individuals as a spouse, boss, employees or friends in your own experience?

If they are someone that I am forced to deal or work with, then I try and feed them what they want to hear until I feel like they are actually listening to me. I'll always try and be positive and keep reiterating points where we agree.

Once I feel like I have his/her attention, then I'll try and work on where we differ. A lot of times, these people just get constantly bashed for being so stubborn, and they build up a defensive wall, which makes the problem even worse. Once you get through that wall, then the work can begin.

With a spouse or friends could be easier to deal with because it me who make the decision whether or not he/she is my friends or whether or not he is my partner. Dealing with egomaniac boss can be a bit difficult, unless you resign. My way of dealing with this kind is to avoid them.

In the worst case, those egomaniacs can be harmful because they feel that their opinions and their acts are the most important and everybody else is nothing and since they think like that, they can do anything to anyone. I have no wise-theory to refer to, just simply my own theory and experiences.

mmm... what is an egoist? It is someone who ONLY care about it self and act like this.

Do NOT be mistaken with an older person who is smarter then others, those can act like an egoist but in fact they are not.

Real egoist are difficult to change, they have to loose all nice people before they change. Others can be helped by giving them TLC so they feel guilty and want to do something back. It's a matter of time.

Do you really love me? Why? And how? What do you think I feel? So why are you so selfish? :roll:

What's helped me is to first not get attached to having a person do what I want. If my emotional health is dependent upon what others say or do, I've already given away my power.

I'm assuming you're talking about an arrogant person who disrespects others. Back in my 30s I would go nose-to-nose with the guy - as long as he wasn't too tall LOL.

Nowadays, I try to put myself in his shoes, to understand why he has to be overbearing. Oftentimes I realize there are other issues involved and I leave it at that. I may not like his actions but I can accept it and walk away. Life is so much more fun than wasting energy dealing with such people.