Child Abuse

Here is some good ol' red white and blue Child abuse from the papers today.

US soldier spared death penalty

File photo provided by the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office of Steven Green from 3 July 2006

Steven Green was found guilty on all 17 counts against him

A former US soldier convicted of rape and murder in Iraq has been spared the death penalty.

Steven Green, 24, will now be sentenced to life in prison, after jurors in the state of Kentucky could not agree unanimously on his punishment.

A judge is expected to formally sentence Green in September.

In May, the jury found Green guilty of the rape of a 14-year-old Iraqi girl and the killing of her and her family near Baghdad in 2006.

Four other soldiers are serving sentences of between five and 110 years for their roles in the 2006 incident

Sounds like justice was served to me. Don't you just hate that.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst mental and psychological abuse that can possibly done to a child is to brainwash them with a religion.

Yeah, like, that's way worse than raping a young boys sisters two or three times a week as he "sleeps" in the bed across the room.

And, I know, it's so much worse than spending the first 15 years of your life watching your father beat your mother and force her to have sex with him after a good night out drinking and picking up bar skanks.

Yeah, I know exactly what your saying. Preach it, Bro!

The worst mental and psychological abuse that can possibly done to a child is to brainwash them with a religion.

Yeah, like, that's way worse than raping a young boys sisters two or three times a week as he "sleeps" in the bed across the room.

And, I know, it's so much worse than spending the first 15 years of your life watching your father beat your mother and force her to have sex with him after a good night out drinking and picking up bar skanks.

I am starting to understand why you so messed up and angry - as anyone subjected to such an endemically abusive father figure generally would be.

The story certainly does fulfill the Kentucky stereotype.........as do many of your views on all manner of issues.

@JD

You are just a ray of ^%$&* sunshine.

The really strange and sad thing is that he is on holidays with his gf in Italy and Greece. Probably it is her first time in Europe.

She is posting great pics and stories in her journal and obviously enjoying herself.

And he is spending the last 48 hours wasting countless amounts of time by posting his normal whiny, baiting and push button posts expressing his black and white views on complex issues in an attempt to target a few TF members who disagree with him.

Really a waste of time. Go and enjoy the sun Dave and spend some time with the gf.

I do try...lol

I just think it's a bit over the top to call religion "child abuse."

Children almost always learn the ways of their parents first. The lucky ones get out and are able to intelligently find their individual paths in life.

I think religion is all a bunch of hooey. But, I'm not intent on shutting them all down and forcing secular lifestyle on all and sundry either. To each his (her) own. So long as it doesn't negatively affect me.

That's why, while I have absolutely no problem with Islam in general, I ******* HATE the Wahhabists and anyone associated with the bastards. Take the KKK, Nazis, the Maoist and and Stalinist Commies and the worst of the Christian purges throughout history and you have only scratched the surface of the evil that is Wahhabism. And the Iranian Shi'a clerics aren't much better. They may be worse.

Even so, to say that religion is child abuse is utter nonsense.

I know plenty of religious folks who's religion is awash with love and acceptance. True followers of the Nazarene. Those who try to live up to his words and philosophy rather than merely worshiping the man and that silly ******* book.

These folks raised their children in that religion.

I envy those children. Raised in an atmosphere and environment of love and acceptance. Would that we were all so fortunate. The heaven's would rejoice.

Is that child abuse?

**** NO!

That's all I'm saying DAWG...

File photo provided by the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office of Steven Green from 3 July 2006

A former US soldier convicted of rape and murder in Iraq has been spared the death penalty.

Steven Green, 24, will now be sentenced to life in prison, after jurors in the state of Kentucky could not agree unanimously on his punishment.

In May, the jury found Green guilty of the rape of a 14-year-old Iraqi girl and the killing of her and her family near Baghdad in 2006.

Four other soldiers are serving sentences of between five and 110 years for their roles in the 2006 incident

the only proper punishment for child abuse is death

that's my opinion and I'm sticking with it

I am confused by your apparent contradictory views. You express an unequivical & absolutist position that anyone who perpertrates child abuse, not defined BTW, should be "tortured" and subjected to the death penalty. Does it not apply in this case?

The problem is Dave the world is not so black and white as you know but seemingly conveniently forget on emotive issues where you like to bait others.

Child abuse encompasses such a wide range of conduct which is some places may be condoned whilst in others it is unlawful. Child abuse can take many forms of mental, physical, emotion and sexual harm.

For example, smacking a child is considered abuse in many jurisdictions. What of the parent who goes overboard and smacks to hard or too many times? You would not imprison them and ensure they are subject to rehab & anger management - Kill them right? Subjecting young children to gratuitous violence in a movie or sexual violence in a Thai TV soap can be considered abuse. Look at the high % of children in Thailand who consider sexual violence against women is ok because it is normalised on TV soaps.

You would be putting to death a lot of parents even for just the more acute forms of abuse. I personally think it is abusive to give children access to guns but where you come from it is considered a right of passage. Yet there are many cases where a child gains access to a gun and shoots another child - so we would have to kill the parent as well thereby increasing the tragedy. What about the post natal depressed single mother who kills her baby (leaving asiee the issue of fitness to plea) but has 3 other children. Do we kill her as well and deprive the other children of a potential future with their mother if she if mental health improves? Clinical

And then children commonly abuse each other in all sorts of sadistic mental, emotional and phsyical ways. At the more emotive and tragic end you have the Bolger case from the early 90s in the UK which involved 2 young boys killing an infant in the most horric circumstances. In your warped view they would also have to be put to death with no ability for rehab. (Compare the UK reaction to a similar case in Norway at the time).

No sane person is going to contend with the assertion that anyone engaging in sexual abuse with a child, extreme physical harm or murdering a child should not have their freedoms curtailed for a very long time - if not forever.

Emotive, extreme cases of child abuse are easy to adjudicate but most cases are much more complex involving family members and it is really quite absurd to just to say everyone committing child abuse should be tortured and put to death.

Just think of all the Thai guys who have sex with underage teenage virgins you would have to kill.

I am confused by your apparent contradictory views. You express an unequivical & absolutist position that anyone who perpertrates child abuse, not defined BTW, should be "tortured" and subjected to the death penalty. Does it not apply in this case?

The problem is Dave the world is not so black and white as you know but seemingly conveniently forget on emotive issues where you like to bait others.

Child abuse encompasses such a wide range of conduct which is some places may be condoned whilst in others it is unlawful. Child abuse can take many forms of mental, physical, emotion and sexual harm.

For example, smacking a child is considered abuse in many jurisdictions. What of the parent who goes overboard and smacks to hard or too many times? You would not imprison them and ensure they are subject to rehab & anger management - Kill them right? Subjecting young children to gratuitous violence in a movie or sexual violence in a Thai TV soap can be considered abuse. Look at the high % of children in Thailand who consider sexual violence against women is ok because it is normalised on TV soaps.

You would be putting to death a lot of parents even for just the more acute forms of abuse. I personally think it is abusive to give children access to guns but where you come from it is considered a right of passage. Yet there are many cases where a child gains access to a gun and shoots another child - so we would have to kill the parent as well thereby increasing the tragedy. What about the post natal depressed single mother who kills her baby (leaving asiee the issue of fitness to plea) but has 3 other children. Do we kill her as well and deprive the other children of a potential future with their mother if she if mental health improves? Clinical

And then children commonly abuse each other in all sorts of sadistic mental, emotional and phsyical ways. At the more emotive and tragic end you have the Bolger case from the early 90s in the UK which involved 2 young boys killing an infant in the most horric circumstances. In your warped view they would also have to be put to death with no ability for rehab. (Compare the UK reaction to a similar case in Norway at the time).

No sane person is going to contend with the assertion that anyone engaging in sexual abuse with a child, extreme physical harm or murdering a child should not have their freedoms curtailed for a very long time - if not forever.

Emotive, extreme cases of child abuse are easy to adjudicate but most cases are much more complex involving family members and it is really quite absurd to just to say everyone committing child abuse should be tortured and put to death.

Just think of all the Thai guys who have sex with underage teenage virgins you would have to kill.

Give me the grisly blade and let me at 'em.

Your way is f**ked. My way is f**ked. I guess we should simply say **** it.

Who the **** said that the world was black and white?

Those words nor any thing close ever came out of my mouth.

Murderers, child molesters and rapists. I never said that those wrongly accused should be included.

Much of what we type here on these forums is not truly applicable to true life. A lot of it sounds good. But it ain't gonna work. Sounds good, though and it's a good place to roll out some mumbo jumbo and watch the libs get all squeeky. And you guys (especially you) do such a great job at it that I sometimes want to invest in WD-40.

Your way doesn't work in the real world. Neither does much of the more absolutist nonsense that I type here. It's just fun to type.

Now go preach at a church or something. I swear you were raised by a methodist preacher. Or a Lutheran.

Praise the Lord, LG! Praise the Lord.

Ya know. Some of the tripe that you type here, I actually agree with it. It's way more fun to watch you get spun up.

And don't deny it. P'Marky Marc too.

If I don't type some of the more sensationalist nonsense that I type, it's gets boring here and you guys just sit around patting each other on the back about how superior you all are to the rest of the human race. Throw out a little red meat and you feed like ravenous dogs and attack, attack, attack.

Naughty, Naughty Dave at your service. Now **** off. I'm getting bored again.

It is easy.

I just like the word f*ck. lol

It's the most wonderful word in the human language.

I'm thinking about creating a religion around it.

Want a business partner?

Your **** religion must make some good money. It must have some kind of logo. How about every believer has a **** tattoo on thier forehead.

Give me the grisly blade and let me at 'em.

Your way is f*cked. My way is f*cked. I guess we should simply say f*ck it.

Who the f*ck said that the world was black and white?

Those words nor any thing close ever came out of my mouth.

Murderers, child molesters and rapists. I never said that those wrongly accused should be included.

Much of what we type here on these forums is not truly applicable to true life. A lot of it sounds good. But it ain't gonna work. Sounds good, though and it's a good place to roll out some mumbo jumbo and watch the libs get all squeeky. And you guys (especially you) do such a great job at it that I sometimes want to invest in WD-40.

Your way doesn't work in the real world. Neither does much of the more absolutist nonsense that I type here. It's just fun to type.

Now go preach at a church or something. I swear you were raised by a methodist preacher. Or a Lutheran.

Praise the Lord, LG! Praise the Lord.

Ya know. Some of the tripe that you type here, I actually agree with it. It's way more fun to watch you get spun up.

And don't deny it. P'Marky Marc too.

If I don't type some of the more sensationalist nonsense that I type, it's gets boring here and you guys just sit around patting each other on the back about how superior you all are to the rest of the human race. Throw out a little red meat and you feed like ravenous dogs and attack, attack, attack.

Naughty, Naughty Dave at your service. Now f*ck off. I'm getting bored again.

The sad thing is Dave is that this is a serious topic - perhaps to serious for TF - and worthy of a genuine discussion. But you have now confirmed that you were just playing games and thus in effect trivialising the issue. As shame really as it seems many would agree with the proposition that convicted serious child abusers should be put to death.

But yet again when the debate get tough or complex you cop out and engage in your normal modus operandi of whiny, hissy fits by playing the victim role just because a few people take a differing or more nuanced dispositon to your contradictory diatribes. And as usual you engage in grossly over exaggerated labelling reflecting your religious obsessions. Strangely inconsistent with someone who once described himself as having the ability to express and stand up for an opinion.

Yes we all know that you like to bait people with your posts on TF when you get bored which is seemingly very regular. And it is clear that some views are intentially provocative. Which is why often the reponse is direct in an attempt to clarify what is the real Daves view and what is just the usual trashy games. Most of the time people dont bother.

I have sought to counter your black and white view as clearly I do not believe in the death penalty is appropriate for any crime or any circumstance. That view is based on my professional background and international norms. It does not in any way condone the cruel and abhorrent behaviour of serious child abuse nor any child abuse for that matter.

I was reflecting of what you posted earlier today;

A very tragic and horrific situation for whoever experienced such a childhood.

It reminded me to reflect on how much clinical research and ancedotal reports from psychologists has shown that victims of acute child abuse are more likely to themselves later engage in child abuse. As an example a study published in Lancet in 2003, as reported in the press, found;

The research, published today in the Lancet, showed that 26 of the 224 former victims studied went on to commit sex offences, nearly all of which involved children.

This proportion of victims who turn offenders - 12% - is lower than anecdotal evidence, from those working in the field, would suggest. Researchers said that could be because the study focused on men who had been convicted of criminal offences.

If the boy had been abused by a woman, suffered material neglect or lack or supervision while a child, the risk of him becoming an abuser rose three-fold, the study found. An atmosphere of violence in the home - even if the boy was not the direct victim - also increased the risk.

Thus it is not uncommon for perpetrators of serious child abuse to have themselves been victims of child abuse. It makes the absolutist, strict death penalty for all serious child abuse rather murky. The crime is clear but the underlying reasons of why are not always so and in our collective anger and emotive responses we may miss the catalyst. Everyone should take responsibility for their actions with sanctions involving loss of freedoms and some rights; for life if need be in order to protect children.

But to label everyone evil and destroy them, along with torture in your view, is naive and seems to me to undermine attempts to minimise such abuse. Apply clear penalties, sanctions and appropriate remedies along with an attempt to understand the complex reasons why so any society can improve measures to eradicate potentials for harm. We surely owe that much to children?

The application of the death penalty has seemingly not been an effectice deterrent in human history (noting that community standards have changed over time) nor based on contempory criminalogical statistics. There is no one panecea for all forms of child abuse apart from perhaps total human enlightenment. And that seems a long way away.....

(Still awaiting your explanation regarding your expressed contradictory views in the soldier case).

I don't know if it is possible to discuss anything seriously and indepth on TF.

Too many people jump to silly conclusions.

And some of you guys are too extreme left to really discuss anything outside of your beliefs. You are right and all others are wrong and barbaric.

And I've rarely seen a serious discussion where you actually talked with folks and discussed. It's more like Professor LG on the podium speaking down to the masses.

So, perhaps a different approach could be used by the both of us.

A bit of tolerance and understanding from both sides.

I was reflecting of what you posted earlier today;

A very tragic and horrific situation for whoever experienced such a childhood.

But you think nothing of the silly and equally "absolutist" sentiment that provoked that reply.

That's because you agree with it. It is unquestioned truth to you. You are guilty of doing exactly that which you accuse others of doing.

But you don't see it. Have you ever actually ventured outside of your circle. Political, social or otherwise. I get the feeling that you sit in rooms with others expounding on your "tranzy-prog" ideology/theology. Congratulating each other on your tolerance and intelligence and humanity.

Yet, you've never actually spoke to anyone with a contrary view and actually listened. They're simply barbarians to you.

all of that occurs because life is not truly sacred

that's just tripe that liberals and conservatives spout

talking points by the powerful that the lower rung of society mimics and repeats

the "elite" don't live by this rule or any rule really

only the lower caste lives by these rules

us

we are the lower caste

life is sacred until Ted Kennedy drowns a girl and is completely absolved from any blame

life is sacred until we want to go to war

then it's collateral damage

life is sacred

life is sacred until that unwanted pregnancy inconveniences a lifestyle

sure, why not

(Still awaiting your explanation regarding your expressed contradictory views in the soldier case).

What are you talking about here? No one asked me for any explanation. You guys simply made assumptions based on your hatred of all things military.

I think you guys make too many assumptions based on straightforward statements sometimes.

Those soldiers all were given lengthy sentences. That is justice.

Were it my world, these soldiers would have been court-martialed on the spot for their crimes. There. In Iraq. They would have been tried. And if convicted, they would have faced the firing squad.

They raped and murdered helpless Iraqis.

My opinion. Those soldiers deserve exactly what they gave.

But. It's not my world.

In the world as it exists today, those soldiers were given a dose of justice. Prison terms of anywhere from 10 to 110 years.

Is that not justice?

Where is the contradiction? Except that you erroneously assumed that I was expressing favoritism for soldiers of the United States.

On the contrary, I believe that they should be held to a higher standard because of our stated goal of bringing democracy to Iraq.

I know that is harsh in your view. But a soldiers world is harsh. If you don't like it, you can always leave that life and there is no room for those who can not find discipline in themselves.

I'm not one for the death sentence, I'm almost against it..... but shooting a 14 year old girls family to death then raping her when you are in a position of power and respect is an immediate injection for me.

Hope the mother fucker has to do LIFE and not just a few years, shocked he hasn't hung himself to be honest, I don't expect his family and friends would want much to do with him anymore.

I'm not one for the death sentence, I'm almost against it..... but shooting a 14 year old girls family to death then raping her when you are in a position of power and respect is an immediate injection for me.

Hope the mother f*cker has to do LIFE and not just a few years, shocked he hasn't hung himself to be honest, I don't expect his family and friends would want much to do with him anymore.

I wouldn't even be for torturing him for the rest of his life as if he even has one moment to laugh or smile...that would ruin it for me.

Some people just deserve to die, and this is one of them.

What are you talking about here? No one asked me for any explanation. You guys simply made assumptions based on your hatred of all things military.

I think you guys make too many assumptions based on straightforward statements sometimes.

Were it my world, these soldiers would have been court-martialed on the spot for their crimes. There. In Iraq. They would have been tried. And if convicted, they would have faced the firing squad.

But. It's not my world.

In the world as it exists today, those soldiers were given a dose of justice. Prison terms of anywhere from 10 to 110 years.

Is that not justice?

Where is the contradiction? Except that you erroneously assumed that I was expressing favoritism for soldiers of the United States.

On the contrary, I believe that they should be held to a higher standard because of our stated goal of bringing democracy to Iraq.

I know that is harsh in your view. But a soldiers world is harsh. If you don't like it, you can always leave that life and there is no room for those who can not find discipline in themselves.

Um pls check the top post in the previous page, I appreciate that objective memory is not your strong point but you clearly made two contradicftory statements. Firstly earlier in the thread,

And then in response to beej's post;

So I asked you to clarify the patent contradiction. You have now added more info. but still assert 2 views on the matter.

Without knowing all the facts, I do agree with you that the sentence appears appropriate as a long term, essentially life imprisonment, in a maximum military prison is very harsh. It sends a clear message to other military members.

I certainly don't hate all things military and as you already know I work with armed forces members from many countries. I just dislike the fact that too many rednecks, bigots & ignorant idiots join the armed forces but it is the fertile recruiting ground for any army I guess. I also dislike unprofessionalism in the armed forces, guys who are heavily obsessed with weapons due to the sense of power they derive from possessing a weapon.

But. It's not my world.

Is that not justice?

Um pls check the top post in the previous page, I appreciate that objective memory is not your strong point but you clearly made two contradicftory statements. Firstly earlier in the thread,

So I asked you to clarify the patent contradiction. You have now added more info. but still assert 2 views on the matter.

Without knowing all the facts, I do agree with you that the sentence appears appropriate as a long term, essentially life imprisonment, in a maximum military prison is very harsh. It sends a clear message to other military members.

I certainly don't hate all things military and as you already know I work with armed forces members from many countries. I just dislike the fact that too many rednecks, bigots & ignorant idiots join the armed forces but it is the fertile recruiting ground for any army I guess. I also dislike unprofessionalism in the armed forces, guys who are heavily obsessed with weapons due to the sense of power they derive from possessing a weapon.

Apparently, you can't fuckin' read.

So I put the **** in bold for ya. Do they not speak English in Australia?

But you're ok with unprofessional-ism in your profession? For it exists there a plenty.

I can now assume that this email forward is fully justified. You guys are that stuffed.

ATTORNEY: What was the first thing your husband said to you that morning?

WITNESS: He said , 'Where am I , Cathy?'

ATTORNEY: And why did that upset you?

WITNESS: My name is Susan!

ATTORNEY: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact?

WITNESS: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.

ATTORNEY: Are you sexually active?

WITNESS: No , I just lie there.

ATTORNEY: This myasthenia gravis , does it affect your memory at all?

WITNESS: Yes.

ATTORNEY: And in what ways does it affect your memory?

WITNESS: I forget..

ATTORNEY: You forget? Can you give us an example of something you forgot?

ATTORNEY: Do you know if your daughter has ever been involved in voodoo?

WITNESS: We both do.

ATTORNEY: Voodoo?

WITNESS: We do.

ATTORNEY: You do?

WITNESS: Yes , voodoo.

ATTORNEY: Now doctor , isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep , he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

WITNESS: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

ATTORNEY: The youngest son , the 20-year-old , how old is he?

WITNESS: He's 20 , much like your IQ.

ATTORNEY: Were you present when your picture was taken?

WITNESS: Are you shitting me?

ATTORNEY: So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?

WITNESS: Yes..

ATTO RNEY: And what were you doing at that time?

WITNESS: Getting laid

ATTORNEY: She had three children , right?

ATTORNEY: How many were boys?

WITNESS: None.

ATTORNEY: Were there any girls?

WITNESS: Your Honor , I think I need a different attorney. Can I get a new attorney?

ATTORNEY: How was your first marriage terminated?

WITNESS: By death.

ATTORNEY: And by whose death was it terminated?

WITNESS: Take a guess.

ATTORNEY: Can you describe the individual?

WITNESS: He was about medium height and had a beard.

ATTORNEY: Was this a male or a female?

WITNESS: Unless the Circus was in town I'm going with male.

ATTORNEY: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition notice which I sent to your attorney?

WITNESS: No , this is how I dress when I go to work.

ATTORNEY: Doctor , how many of your autopsies have you performed on dead people?

WITNESS: All of them.. The live ones put up too much of a fight.

ATTORNEY: ALL your responses MUST be oral , OK? What school did you go to?

WITNESS: Oral..

ATTORNEY: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?

WITNESS: The autopsy started around 8:30 PM

ATTORNEY: And Mr. Denton was dead at the time?

WITNESS: If not , he was by the time I finished.

ATTORNEY: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?

WITNESS: Are you qualified to ask that question?

And last:

ATTORNEY: Doctor , before you performed the autopsy , did you check for a pulse?

WITNESS: No.

ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?

ATTORNEY: Did you check for breathing?

ATTORNEY: So , then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?

ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure , Doctor?

WITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.

ATTORNEY: I see , but could the patient have still been alive , nevertheless?

WITNESS: Yes , it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law.

But. It's not my world.

Is that not justice?

Apparently, you can't fuckin' read.

So I put the **** in bold for ya. Do they not speak English in Australia?

But you're ok with unprofessional-ism in your profession? For it exists there a plenty.

I can now assume that this email forward is fully justified. You guys are that stuffed.

ATTORNEY: What was the first thing your husband said to you that morning?

WITNESS: He said , 'Where am I , Cathy?'

ATTORNEY: And why did that upset you?

WITNESS: My name is Susan!

ATTORNEY: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact?

WITNESS: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.

ATTORNEY: Are you sexually active?

WITNESS: No , I just lie there.

ATTORNEY: This myasthenia gravis , does it affect your memory at all?

ATTORNEY: And in what ways does it affect your memory?

WITNESS: I forget..

ATTORNEY: You forget? Can you give us an example of something you forgot?

ATTORNEY: Do you know if your daughter has ever been involved in voodoo?

WITNESS: We both do.

ATTORNEY: Voodoo?

WITNESS: We do.

ATTORNEY: You do?

WITNESS: Yes , voodoo.

ATTORNEY: Now doctor , isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep , he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

WITNESS: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

ATTORNEY: The youngest son , the 20-year-old , how old is he?

WITNESS: He's 20 , much like your IQ.

ATTORNEY: Were you present when your picture was taken?

WITNESS: Are you shitting me?

ATTORNEY: So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?

WITNESS: Yes..

ATTO RNEY: And what were you doing at that time?

WITNESS: Getting laid

ATTORNEY: She had three children , right?

ATTORNEY: How many were boys?

WITNESS: None.

ATTORNEY: Were there any girls?

WITNESS: Your Honor , I think I need a different attorney. Can I get a new attorney?

ATTORNEY: How was your first marriage terminated?

WITNESS: By death.

ATTORNEY: And by whose death was it terminated?

WITNESS: Take a guess.

ATTORNEY: Can you describe the individual?

WITNESS: He was about medium height and had a beard.

ATTORNEY: Was this a male or a female?

WITNESS: Unless the Circus was in town I'm going with male.

ATTORNEY: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition notice which I sent to your attorney?

WITNESS: No , this is how I dress when I go to work.

ATTORNEY: Doctor , how many of your autopsies have you performed on dead people?

WITNESS: All of them.. The live ones put up too much of a fight.

ATTORNEY: ALL your responses MUST be oral , OK? What school did you go to?

WITNESS: Oral..

ATTORNEY: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?

WITNESS: The autopsy started around 8:30 PM

ATTORNEY: And Mr. Denton was dead at the time?

WITNESS: If not , he was by the time I finished.

ATTORNEY: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?

WITNESS: Are you qualified to ask that question?

And last:

ATTORNEY: Doctor , before you performed the autopsy , did you check for a pulse?

ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?

ATTORNEY: Did you check for breathing?

ATTORNEY: So , then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?

ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure , Doctor?

WITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.

ATTORNEY: I see , but could the patient have still been alive , nevertheless?

WITNESS: Yes , it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law.