Child Abuse

OK, check this example.

A Republican couple have a kid and immediately register him/her as a Republican so he immediately gets socially conditioned to think as a Republican.

I am sure this would be ridiculous.

But when a child is born why does it immediately receive indoctrination into the religion of the parents. Many people never get the chance to challenge this.

We wouldn't make a child a democrate at birth. Reasonable parents would understand that the kid is too young to make such decisions and let the kid grow up and choose.

So why then do peole get labelled with a religion at birth when surely they are not able to make an objective decision about the origin of the universe.

It's abuse I tell you... ABUSE

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is some good ol' red white and blue Child abuse from the papers today.

US soldier spared death penalty

File photo provided by the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office of Steven Green from 3 July 2006

Steven Green was found guilty on all 17 counts against him

A former US soldier convicted of rape and murder in Iraq has been spared the death penalty.

Steven Green, 24, will now be sentenced to life in prison, after jurors in the state of Kentucky could not agree unanimously on his punishment.

A judge is expected to formally sentence Green in September.

In May, the jury found Green guilty of the rape of a 14-year-old Iraqi girl and the killing of her and her family near Baghdad in 2006.

Four other soldiers are serving sentences of between five and 110 years for their roles in the 2006 incident

Guest QTpiE
Daddy ate my eyes...

After reading all the comments from above..

Whatever this video is about..

I dont dare to watch..

Sentenced today.....these people make me f*ckin sick !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/8055340.stm

After reading it..

I feel bad in my stomach.

It hurts my soul deeply.. really..

How sick is that!!!

People like these should not just get shot..

But keep torture them untill their last breathing.

Im not sure i want to read any more news about child abuse..

It is abit too much for me..

I feel disharmonic :cry:

Three jailed over Baby P's death

Baby Peter died after months of abuse despite visits from authorities

Baby Peter's mother, her boyfriend and their lodger have been jailed for causing or allowing the boy's death.

The toddler died after enduring months of abuse in Haringey, north London.

Peter's mother and lodger Jason Owens were given indefinite sentences. She must serve at least five years and Owens at least three years.

The boyfriend was given 12 years over Peter's death and life for raping a two-year-old girl. He must serve a minimum of 10 years.

like WTF !!!!! 5 years, 3 years and maybe 10 years !! they should f**king lock the ***** up and throw away the keys !!!

Baby Peter's mother, her boyfriend and their lodger have been jailed for causing or allowing the boy's death.

Peter's mother and lodger Jason Owens were given indefinite sentences. She must serve at least five years and Owens at least three years.

The boyfriend was given 12 years over Peter's death and life for raping a two-year-old girl. He must serve a minimum of 10 years.

like WTF !!!!! 5 years, 3 years and maybe 10 years !! they should f**king lock the cunts up and throw away the keys !!!

Exactly...that's basically a slap on the wrist for the worst possible crime against a human being! WTF was the court thinking?

like WTF !!!!! 5 years, 3 years and maybe 10 years !! they should f**king lock the ***** up and throw away the keys !!!

Exactly...that's basically a slap on the wrist for the worst possible crime against a human being! WTF was the court thinking?

im sorry but no amount of years is enough

ppl think im wrong for this, but for crimes like that i wish they gave em the death sentence.

there is no rehabilitation for that, and why give them the same time as u would give a teenage with some drugs n his pocket?

not right at all

ppl like this should be beat to death as a death penalty, by the victims or close relatives

hey think about it

just sayin

The courts thoughts are clearly laid out in the Transcript of the Sentencing Remarks which is linked to the BBC site, http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/22_05_09_sentencing_remarks_baby_p.pdf

For those that are concerned by the sentence, have a read (only 20 pages, the first 4 pages outlines the appalling history of abuse and injuries suffered by the baby).

I am not going to comment on the correctness of the sentences as it would involve having access to all the submissions before the court. However, the judge has to act within the sentencing guidelines, sentencing precedent and the penalties of the charges for which the defendents were convicted. This is an appalling factual case and very sad for society at large that the abuse and neglect was allowed to continue for so long.

Quickly perusing through the sentencing decision, it is clear that the prosecution did not have enough evidence to convict any defendent of manslaugther. The two were convicted under a more recent charge introduced for these type of facts summerised as 'causing or allowing the death of a child' which carries a maximum sentence of 14 years.

The charge contains a serious provision that an indefinate sentence can be imposed! An indefinate sentence is highly unusual in sentencing but the court must still set a non parole period. It is actually a more stringent sentence than it appears on the face of it (I'll avoid the latin). Perhaps, the non parole periods could have been longer but we don't know all of the facts and any mitigation submissions.

Effectively, both can be detained for a significant amount of time beyond the non-parole period. As I understand it, they have the onus of establishing before a parole board that they, "no longer poses a threat to the public and so is suitable for release". This will be a very difficult test to satisfy given the facts of the case and the public mood surrounding the case. Once released, they will definately be stringent conditions imposed upon their parole. A more onus set of conditions of release than the average murderer would be subjected to I would suggest.

None of the three will be released for a very long time but wait for the Appeal by both sides.

SENTENCING GUIDELINES

-Rape of a child under 13 carries a maximum sentence of life in prison

-Causing or allowing the death of a child carries a maximum sentence of 14 years in jail, or a fine, or both

-However, in cases where offenders are considered to pose a risk to the public, the judge can impose an indeterminate sentence

-In passing this sentence, the judge will recommend a minimum term to be served before the offender can be considered for release.

-Only after this time can the Parole Board consider whether the offender no longer poses a threat to the public and so is suitable for release

And good to see that a few of the endemic abuse of migrant children, usually girls and many trafficked, are being held to some account;

Issara visits rescued female Lao workers

Social Development and Human Security Minister Issara Somchai recently visited 20 young illegal Lao workers rescued from a sweatshop where they were forced to work 15 hours a day making garlands without pay or any days off. The migrants, all females aged from 12-18, were sent to the Kredtrakarn Protection and Occupational Development Centre after police raided the sweatshop and rescued them on May 14.

The raid followed the police arrest on May 8 of a 15-year-old Lao girl who was selling flower garlands at Wat Rai Khing in Nakhon Pathom province. The girl, an illegal migrant, told the police that 19 other Lao girls were being kept as slave workers at a house in Samut Sakhon's Krathum Baen district.

Police raided the house on May 14. The house owners, Kasem Pensuk, 48, and Thawanrat Sukprasertngam, 42, were arrested and charged with human trafficking, housing and employing illegal workers, and illegal use of child labour.

The girls said they were forced to make flower garlands from 5am to 8pm every day without pay or days off. Nang, 14, whose fingers were severely blistered because of the hard work, said she came to work in Thailand to help ease the financial burden of her poor parents back in Laos. She said her parents could not afford to send her to school, adding she had been working to help support her family since a very tender age.

Nang said her employees had never allowed her to make any contact with her family since she came to Thailand in April last year. They also did not pay her any wages, saying they would send the money she earned directly to her mother in Laos.

The girl said she and a friend from Savannakhet province in Laos were smuggled into Thailand by a Lao human trafficker. "I miss my mum very much, and I won't return to work in Thailand again if I can go back home now," Nang said.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/17174/issara-visits-rescued-female-lao-workers

and the f**king scumbag had already been found guilty of raping a 2 year old baby girl !!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/8029499.stm

Baby P man guilty of raping girl

The 32-year-old boyfriend of Baby P's mother has been convicted of raping a two-year-old girl in north London.

The crime came to light after the man was arrested over 17-month-old Baby P's death. The Old Bailey jury cleared Baby P's mother of cruelty to the girl.

In November the man was convicted of - and the mother admitted - causing the death of Baby P, now named as Peter. Sentencing will be on 21 and 22 May.

The girl, like Baby P, was on Haringey Council's child protection register.

The couple, who were remanded in custody, and the girl cannot be identified for legal reasons.

• 3 months later...

and the f**king scumbag had already been found guilty of raping a 2 year old baby girl !!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/8029499.stm

Baby P man guilty of raping girl

The 32-year-old boyfriend of Baby P's mother has been convicted of raping a two-year-old girl in north London.

The crime came to light after the man was arrested over 17-month-old Baby P's death. The Old Bailey jury cleared Baby P's mother of cruelty to the girl.

In November the man was convicted of - and the mother admitted - causing the death of Baby P, now named as Peter. Sentencing will be on 21 and 22 May.

The girl, like Baby P, was on Haringey Council's child protection register.

The couple, who were remanded in custody, and the girl cannot be identified for legal reasons.

Now, now. According to P'marc and LakeGeneve, rapists and murderers are people too. We should respect them as fellow human beings for it is we, as a society, who have failed these fellow human being and made it possible, ney, a likely scenario.

We have failed these, our fellow humans. Society is to blame. Had we, as a society, not failed these poor persons, they'd not have engaged in these heinous crimes.

We are surely as guilty of the rape, abuse and murder of these children as those who perpetrated the actual crimes.

Just ask P'Marc and LakeGeneve.

Personally, I think they should be tortured and put down. They're ******* monsters.