WTF?--- News hot off the press that makes you say--- WTF?

GoodKarma

A lone thief has stolen five paintings worth a total of £430 million (four hundred and thirty million GBP) in an overnight raid on a Paris art museum.

The paintings, by Pablo Picasso, Henri Matisse, George Braque, Amedeo Modigliani and Fernand Leger were taken from the Paris Museum of Modern Art, across the Seine from the Eiffel Tower

Police have cordoned off the museum in one of the city's most popular tourist areas.

A single masked intruder was caught on a video surveillance camera entering the museum by a window and taking the paintings away, the Paris prosecutors said.

The paintings were Le Pigeon Aux Petits-Pois (The Pigeon With The Peas) by Picasso, Pastoral by Matisse, Olive Tree Near Estaque by Braque, Woman With A Fan by Modigliani and Still Life With Chandeliers by Leger.

Red-and-white tape surrounded the museum, where investigators were studying surveillance video. Signs on the doors said it was closed for technical reasons.

On a cordoned-off balcony behind the museum, police examined the broken window and empty painting frames. The paintings appeared to have been carefully removed from their frames, not sliced out.

A security guard at the museum said the paintings were discovered missing by a night watchman just before 7am.

Museum officials and police would not comment on reports that the alarm system had malfunctioned or been disabled.

Paris Mayor Bertrand Delanoe said he was "saddened and shocked by this theft, which is an intolerable attack on Paris's universal cultural heritage."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100520/tuk-430m-of-paintings-stolen-in-paris-6323e80.html

Ninth worker death at Taiwan iPhone firm Foxconn

A ninth employee has jumped to his death at Taiwanese iPhone manufacturer Foxconn, China's state media reports.

Xinhua said 21-year-old Nan Gang leapt from a four-storey factory in the early hours, soon after finishing work.

Shortly after, it emerged that the death of a worker at a Foxconn plant in Hebei province earlier this year was also a suicide.

A total of 11 Foxconn employees have tried to kill themselves this year - two have survived.

The incidents have raised concerns about worker treatment at the site.

The Associated Press quoted spokesman Arthur Huang as saying the company carried out social responsibility programmes to ensure workers' welfare.

Earlier this week, Foxconn said it was enlisting counsellors and Buddhist monks to provide emotional support for its workers.

Suicides

Ten of the employees worked at Foxconn's campuses in Shenzhen, but on Friday it was revealed that a man who died at a factory in the northern Hebei province had also jumped from a building.

The worker, identified by Xinhua as 19-year old Rong Bo, died in the city of Langtang early this year.

A similar investigation into the death of 16-year old Wang Lingyan - who was found dead in a dormitory at the same site - concluded she died from cardiac arrest, government spokeswoman Wang Qiunu told Xinhua.

Foxconn worker Sun Danyong killed himself last year

Foxconn is part of Hon Hai Precision, the world's largest maker of consumer electronics, and employs 800,000 workers worldwide, mostly in China.

The company has said it is taking the deaths seriously, even though a local government investigation did not blame working conditions.

The spate of deaths comes after a Foxconn employee in charge of shipping Apple's iPhone prototype units killed himself last year after one of the units went missing.

Apple said it had investigated accusations of bad employment practices by Foxconn stemming from a June 2006 complaint, and found the claims to be largely unfounded.

Monk support

However, it concluded that some employees were working more than Foxconn's mandated maximum during peak production times, and as many as a quarter of them were not taking at least one day off a week.

US-based China Labour Watch has criticised Foxconn's "military-style administration and harsh working conditions" and called on the company to "initiate a thoroughgoing analysis of life on its production lines".

Foxconn says it has hired 100 counsellors and invited monks to help workers at a new Employee Care Centre and trained its medical staff to provide emotional support.

It has also introduced a reward system for employees who spot colleagues with emotional problems, and a hotline for workers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia_pacific/10137101.stm

What the hell is going on over there!?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/10136576.stm

******* *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

US cartoonist apologises over Facebook Muhammad row

Page last updated at 15:37 GMT, Friday, 21 May 2010 16:37 UK

E-mail this to a friendPrintable version Many Pakistanis are angry at the Draw Muhammad competition A cartoonist whose work inspired an internet campaign inviting people to draw images of the Prophet Muhammad has apologised for her role in the row.

Writing on her blog, Molly Norris said her satirical cartoon was "hijacked" and that the campaign was "offensive to Muslims".

Other people set up a page on the social networking site Facebook backing an Everybody Draw Muhammad Day.

It sparked outrage in Pakistan, where a court ordered Facebook to be blocked.

On Thursday the video-sharing website YouTube was also blocked in Pakistan. Reports say more protests against the Facebook campaign are planned for Friday.

'Right to expression'

Molly Norris drew a cartoon in April to protest against the decision by a US television channel to cancel an episode of the popular show South Park because of a contentious depiction of the Prophet Muhammad.

In her cartoon, Ms Norris satirically proposed May 20 as an Everybody Draw Muhammad Day.

The idea inspired a separate Everybody Draw Muhammad Day group on Facebook which rapidly gained in popularity.

The page contains drawings and cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad and characters from other religions, including Hinduism and Christianity. Depictions of the Prophet are forbidden in Islam.

Ms Norris says that she had nothing to do with the page even though her name was posted on it. Some media reports implied that she had set up the Facebook campaign.

"I never started a Facebook page; I never set up any place for people to send drawings to and I never received any drawings," she said on her blog.

She apologised for her role in the controversy and said that the content of the page was "offensive to Muslims who did nothing to endanger our right to expression in the first place".

Violent demonstrations

Pakistan said it blocked the popular video-sharing website YouTube because of its "growing sacrilegious content".

Correspondents say it remains to be seen how successful the new bans will be in Pakistan and whether citizens find a way round them.

YouTube said it was "looking into the matter and working to ensure that the service is restored as soon as possible". The site was briefly blocked in Pakistan in 2008 - ostensibly for carrying material deemed offensive to Muslims.

"Because YouTube is a platform for free expression of all sorts, we take great care when we enforce our policies. Content that violates our guidelines is removed as soon as we become aware of it," said the company.

Facebook said in a statement that it would take action if any content "becomes an attack on anyone, including Muslim people", but that in this case its policies were not violated.

Five people were killed in Pakistan in 2006 during violent demonstrations following publication of Muhammad cartoons in a Danish newspaper.

f*cking p*ssy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E-mail this to a friendPrintable version Many Pakistanis are angry at the Draw Muhammad competition A cartoonist whose work inspired an internet campaign inviting people to draw images of the Prophet Muhammad has apologised for her role in the row.

Writing on her blog, Molly Norris said her satirical cartoon was "hijacked" and that the campaign was "offensive to Muslims".

Other people set up a page on the social networking site Facebook backing an Everybody Draw Muhammad Day.

On Thursday the video-sharing website YouTube was also blocked in Pakistan. Reports say more protests against the Facebook campaign are planned for Friday.

'Right to expression'

Molly Norris drew a cartoon in April to protest against the decision by a US television channel to cancel an episode of the popular show South Park because of a contentious depiction of the Prophet Muhammad.

In her cartoon, Ms Norris satirically proposed May 20 as an Everybody Draw Muhammad Day.

The idea inspired a separate Everybody Draw Muhammad Day group on Facebook which rapidly gained in popularity.

The page contains drawings and cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad and characters from other religions, including Hinduism and Christianity. Depictions of the Prophet are forbidden in Islam.

Ms Norris says that she had nothing to do with the page even though her name was posted on it. Some media reports implied that she had set up the Facebook campaign.

"I never started a Facebook page; I never set up any place for people to send drawings to and I never received any drawings," she said on her blog.

She apologised for her role in the controversy and said that the content of the page was "offensive to Muslims who did nothing to endanger our right to expression in the first place".

Violent demonstrations

Pakistan said it blocked the popular video-sharing website YouTube because of its "growing sacrilegious content".

Correspondents say it remains to be seen how successful the new bans will be in Pakistan and whether citizens find a way round them.

YouTube said it was "looking into the matter and working to ensure that the service is restored as soon as possible". The site was briefly blocked in Pakistan in 2008 - ostensibly for carrying material deemed offensive to Muslims.

"Because YouTube is a platform for free expression of all sorts, we take great care when we enforce our policies. Content that violates our guidelines is removed as soon as we become aware of it," said the company.

Facebook said in a statement that it would take action if any content "becomes an attack on anyone, including Muslim people", but that in this case its policies were not violated.

Five people were killed in Pakistan in 2006 during violent demonstrations following publication of Muhammad cartoons in a Danish newspaper.

I'm a bit vague there on what the ol' Prophet apparently said was the way to deal with pisstakers.

But I'd put a hefty wager on it not being send your teenage daughter to blow herself up in their close proximity.

(It might have lost something in translation though.)

I'm seriously beginning to doubt that humanity will ever get over the religion hurdle, and the human race will just slip into universal obscurity.

Unless things change, I couldn't care less either way.

f*cking p*ssy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Right to expression'

Violent demonstrations

I'm a bit vague there on what the ol' Prophet apparently said was the way to deal with pisstakers.

But I'd put a hefty wager on it not being send your teenage daughter to blow herself up in their close proximity.

(It might have lost something in translation though.)

I'm seriously beginning to doubt that humanity will ever get over the religion hurdle, and the human race will just slip into universal obscurity.

Unless things change, I couldn't care less either way.

Careful, that's blast-fomey I fink!

It is only Islam which makes its people react this way. Jews are hated by many, but they don't do **** like this. There is no place in this world for Islam anymore. It's time to take a stand, it's time to say.... enough (now all we need is a Perseus type bloke to lead the charge).

My dad said, somewhat extremely but I get the logic, if we bombed the **** out of all Muslims so there were none left, the world wpu;d have no Islamic extremism.

A good dose of religion has kept communities together happily for years, causes problems to, but certainly bought some understanding to the world back in the day and definatley aided UK communities to live well (generally speaking) together. Islam in its current form is pig **** and motivates extreme reactions to very monor situations.

My dad said, somewhat extremely but I get the logic, if we bombed the sh*t out of all Muslims so there were none left, the world would have no Islamic extremism.

ergo, we could extrapolate from that interesting hypothesis that if we bomb the **** out of all white people there would be no BNP, or out of all French people and there would be no arrogance, or out of all Catholics and there would be no priest sex scandals, or...well you get my point.

:lol:

My dad said, somewhat extremely but I get the logic, if we bombed the sh*t out of all Muslims so there were none left, the world would have no Islamic extremism.

ergo, we could extrapolate from that interesting hypothesis that if we bomb the sh*t out of all white people there would be no BNP, or out of all French people and there would be no arrogance, or out of all Catholics and there would be no priest sex scandals, or...well you get my point.

:lol:

Like my father (if he was my real father) your logic, like your Kung fu, is weak my friend.

Shall we play the numbers game and start with THAILAND:

Thailand: "More than 3900 people have died in shootings, bomb blasts, be-headings and crucifixions" since 2004 in horrific deaths.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2009/10/thailand-more-than-3900-people-have-died-in-shootings-bomb-blasts-beheadings-and-crucifixions-since.html

Of course most people know about a few prime examples of Islamic terrorism: September 11 (2001), with nearly 3000 dead; the Bali bombings (October 12, 2002), with over 200 dead; the Madrid train bombings (March 11, 2004), with nearly 200 dead; and the London underground bombings (July 7, 2005), with over 50 dead. And of course we just had the November 27-29 Mumbai massacre in India with nearly 200 dead.

Any guesses as to how many Islamic terroism incidents have occurred since 9/11? Fifty? Nope. A hundred? Not even close? Five hundred? Higher! A thousand? You’re still not even in the ballpark. OK, two thousand. Sorry, but no prizes for you.

Let’s cut to the quick. Exactly how many acts of Islamic terrorism have occurred since September 11, 2001? 12,352, and counting. Yes you heard me right. In the past seven years over 12,000 acts of Islamic terrorism have taken place around the globe. That is almost 1800 a year, or almost 150 a month. These numbers are as of December 2008. It's hard to find a study or report more up to date as think tanks and data gathering orgs are being pad to not publish the new figures.

Pakistan 2007 (During 1 week in Nov. 2007) there were 62 jihadist attacks, resulting in 372 deaths and 642 injuries. In the previous month (October) there were 174 jihad attacks in 16 countries, with 832 deaths and 1412 injuries. Yet people insist that Islam is a religion of peace.

Attacks on military are not recorded as are not honour killings of wives and sisters.

Tune in next weak for our next edition.

Female Circumcision

When you find some stats for your shite-arse arguments, you can continue.

The real neo-natziism theology which is smart enough to do it stealth in the west.

Not nearly as many people who were killed in car accidents...... lets bomb the f*ck out of the Toyota factories.

If car manufacturers made faulty cars in order to kill with purpose I would follow your weak statement, but hey don''t.

Like your Kung fu, your argument is piss weak Padawan.

I guess all Muslims must be made to kill?

Not nearly as many people who were killed in car accidents...... lets bomb the f*ck out of the Toyota factories.

If car manufacturers made faulty cars in order to kill with purpose I would follow your weak statement, but hey don''t.

Not at all. All Germans didn't follow Hitler either, but it was time to challenge that ideology and remove it from earth (aside from small groups who still exist and deserve all the **** they can have thrown at them).

Not many (but a special few) Germans publicly knocked Hitler's movement at that time because it was a) dangerous and B) it served them well in some way.

Doesn't that sound familiar?

So let's offer protection to those who do and wipe out the wankers doing the killing as a united world did with the aforementioned fascist fucks. Either way, your Kung Fu is still weak Padawan.

Not at all. All Germans didn't follow Hitler either, but it was time to challenge that ideology and remove it from earth (aside from small groups who still exist and deserve all the sh*t they can have thrown at them).

Not many (but a special few) Germans publicly knocked Hitler's movement at that time because it was a) dangerous and B) it served them well in some way.

So let's offer protection to those who do and wipe out the wankers doing the killing as a united world did with the aforementioned fascist fucks. Either way, your Kung Fu is still weak Padawan.

Good luck, how about I give you, the BNP and the NDL some big sticks and you can start on the 2.2 billion Muslims world wide.

Not at all. All Germans didn't follow Hitler either, but it was time to challenge that ideology and remove it from earth (aside from small groups who still exist and deserve all the sh*t they can have thrown at them).

Good luck, how about I give you, the BNP and the NDL some big sticks and you can start on the 2.2 billion Muslims world wide.

What have the BNP go to do with global islamization. I expect youo to be able to see the difference between what is happening and a small fry bunch of racists.

Stand by, let it grow, one day your tiny balls will let you down.

Look at the numbers, thousands of attacks since 9/11, over 100000 dead openly in that ideology's name. Go and find the deaths done in the name of the BNP (who are OTT anyway). The reason you can't find a real set of stats to back up your trustifarian ways is because there isn't any to match the Islamic problem. Your could try to say Bosnia was ever worse. It was stopped. WW2 was stopped. This must be stopped. When it starts to effect you more directly, you responses will change.

Need some where closer to home? Check the states on Thailand.

Afghanistan before the invasion

Women's rights

Honour killings, T

The inability of divorced women to be able to have any type of life in Whabbie nations as they are completely rejected by society.

The Mosque close to 9/11

The idea of franchising such Mosques around the world.

The reactions to cartoons............. Ridiculous

Locking up a school teacher in Sudan

Multiple be-headings

Please don't pretend you even understand their ways. You are miles away from that reality whatever you background.

This must and eventually will be stopped.

Do research, there would have been 3,900 fewer Thai on Thai murders with out Jihadists, 9/11 wouldn't have happened, and your areguments about Toyota and the BNP are, as I said, weak at best.

It is time to remove this ideology.

So are you saying you'd like Islam as a whole removed from this world, or just Islamic extremists?

Islamic Extremists/Christian Extremists/Jewish Extremists all the ******* same, they all kill in the name of their ideals as do Political Extremists, and your twisted Extremism wouldn't be much different by the sounds of things.

So are you saying you'd like Islam as a whole removed from this world, or just Islamic extremists?

Islamic Extremists/Christian Extremists/Jewish Extremists all the f*cking same, they all kill in the name of their ideals as do Political Extremists, and your twisted Extremism wouldn't be much different by the sounds of things.

It's about the numbers. When Christian Extremists are acting as Islamic ones I wil want them wiped out too, but they don't. As with the Jews and ALL other religions.

There is a link in the psychological make-up which makes people become extremists but to say they are all the same when you examine the stats I posted is, well, naive.

To answer your question. Just as it was important to remove Nazism, even though there were lots of nice people in Germany having a lovey peaceful Nazi life, it is becoming equally important to treat this ideology exactly the same way.

My, as you say, twisted, extremism is based on learning from histories lessons and stopping this very damaging movement before it gathers too much influence. Just as was done with Nazis, BNP, KKK and a host of others. Stopped before they became global problems calling for the death of others and gathering massive support and also treating it's followers against basic human rights (women in particular).

Every so often an ideology gathers enough momentum to become a global threat. With technology, propaganda and the smarts to target the most desperate people in the world for recruiting ideologies are able to do this more quickly and therefore a more rapid response in needed.

A great man once said "The only things history has taught man is that man doesn't learn from history."

I want mankind to stop his one before hundreds of thousands more die for it. Millions of women get dis-empowered because of it.

Millions more women get butchered by female circumcision.

Millions more people start believing Jewish people are pigs and dogs. Say that about blacks and all hell breaks loose.

Millions of women are forced into marriages which are appallingly unfair.

This list goes on and on. The scale and numbers involved are too high to ignore.

Time to treat this one for what is it..................... Poison.

More artists (like you maybe) are killed for expressing there talent about a very real global problem.

You lack the understanding of this to be able to compute it correctly. But seem smart enough to be able to learn and be educated.

Remove this plague.

Lot's of people want the red shirts ideology removed for the same reasons. It's causing too many deaths (especially when you look at how geographically small the problems here in BKK are). I would support a removal of the aforementioned ideology if were to be proposed for the same reason. South of Thailand anyone???? Or should we pretend that's not much of a problem too. If that **** was happening in BKK, can you imagine the governments response. Slightly more than we have seen recently I would guess. But it doesn't bother many people here enough to stand up and be counted. But many here have been very vocal about red-shirt ideology removal. When the Islam things touches you as this has, you will change your mind. Wait till it effects you.

Then you will know. You are only blind because you are not looking. You can see the reality of the reds because you are looking because it is on your doorstep.

When you look for it, you will see it, as you have with the Reds and you will support its removal.

Don't be swallowed up by the anti Muslim propaganda machine, 2.2 Billion is a very large number of people, out of which, what a tiny tiny tiny percentage are extremists.

I know hundreds of Muslims, have a home in a Muslim neighbourhood and have friends that have married Muslims. All are perfectly normal people, live perfectly normal lives and go about their daily business happily.

As with the Red shirts, there are a few million supporters, supporting mostly good ideals, but there are some rotten apples in with them that are just there for the power trip and cause trouble.

Don't tar everyone with the same bigoted brush.

Don't be swallowed up by the anti Muslim propaganda machine, 2.2 Billion is a very large number of people, out of which, what a tiny tiny tiny percentage are extremists.

I know hundreds of Muslims, have a home in a Muslim neighbourhood and have friends that have married Muslims. All are perfectly normal people, live perfectly normal lives and go about their daily business happily.

As with the Red shirts, there are a few million supporters, supporting mostly good ideals, but there are some rotten apples in with them that are just there for the power trip and cause trouble.

Don't tar everyone with the same bigoted brush.

I am not tarring. I am saying there are nice normal Muslims AND I am saying there were/still are nice normal Germans who didn't follow Hitler. But they didn't aid the process of removing him and they were happy enough that Germany gained, just as Muslims stay silent instead of aiding these extremist bastards who polute this supposedly peaceful idiology . A stand was taken them to remove the shiity idiology as it was before. Had the world been as internet open and you were alive then you would have probably made a few German mates, but you couldn't have argued the ideology must be destroyed. That's what I am saying. It is you who is in the Jew hate machine mate.

As for the red-shirts on another thread you were for smashing them off the steets by force and have repeately advocatedtowards them being attacked. I am glad you have become more peaceful towards them now.

Thai film scoops Palme D'Or at Cannes!

'Uncle Boonamee(?) Who Can Recall His Past Lives...'

Good for Thailand! Much more interesting than 'Sexy Kathoey Mafia Ghost'.

I look forward to seeing it. Maybe a TF event?

:thumbleft:

hey I just saw the Youtube trailer...that looks like a pretty good flick :wink:

This makes me so mad !

Police in NW Pakistan stop transgender wedding

By RIAZ KHAN - Associated Press Writer

PESHAWAR, Pakistan -- Police in northwestern Pakistan broke up an apparent wedding between a businessman and his transgender bride, saying Tuesday they could face seven years in prison for violating laws against same-sex marriage in the devoutly Muslim country.

The pair denied the charges, saying the celebration was a birthday party, not a wedding.Pakistan Transgender Arrests Pakistan Transgender Arrests Pakistan Transgender Arrests

Authorities also detained 43 guests, who were dancing to drums when authorities made the raid Monday in Peshawar city, police official Javed Khan said.

The alleged bride and many of the guests are transgender, meaning they are biologically male but present themselves as female in their daily lives.

"It falls under same-sex marriage, which is not allowed under our law," Khan said.

Businessman Iqbal Khan, 48, and his alleged bride, an 18-year-old whose formal name is Kashif but goes by Rani, will be charged with attempted sodomy, police official Shaukat Ali said. If convicted, they could face seven years imprisonment.

Police said the pair denied the gathering was a wedding

Ali said it was apparent the two were getting married - pointing out that Iqbal Khan, a married father of five, paid 80,000 rupees ($940) to Rani's "guru."

In Pakistan, many transgenders are thrown out by their families and live in communal homes under the leadership of a "guru," a fellow transgender who looks after their needs and takes a cut of their earnings.

Homosexuality is a taboo subject in Pakistan, and it is extremely rare to hear of a gay wedding.

There are no official figures for the number of transgender people in Pakistan. Known as khusra, they live on the edges of society and are frequently harassed by police.

Despite the discrimination, Pakistan's Islamic society tolerates them as dancers at festivals and weddings, where men and women are segregated and khusra are seen as bridging the gap. Many also work as prostitutes.

The couple and guests would remain in police custody while investigators record their statements and gather details, Khan said.

105-Pakistan_Transgender_Arrests.sff.standalone.prod_affiliate.71.jpg

AP Photo - Pakistani police officers escort a businessman Iqbal Khan, second right, and a transvestite Kashif, second left, to the city court in Peshawar, Pakistan on Tuesday, May 25, 2010. Police busted a wedding between a businessman and his transgender bride, taking away the couple and 43 guests on accusations that they were violating laws against same-sex marriage in this devoutly Muslim country, an official said.