WTF?--- News hot off the press that makes you say--- WTF?

GoodKarma

The most expensive flat in the world is on the verge of being sold - for £140m.

15681077.jpg

The property, part of a development by brothers Christian and Nick Candy, is in Knightsbridge - one of the smartest parts of London.

At a cost of more than £6,000 per square foot, the two-floor apartment is within walking distance of Harrods and Harvey Nichols.

It also has a tunnel connecting to the neighbouring Mandarin Oriental Hotel - where top chef Heston Blumenthal is soon to open a restaurant.

The four-bedroom apartment has floor-to-ceiling windows, its own car park and access to all the leisure facilities that a discerning buyer would expect, like health spas and squash courts.

15681079.jpg

The nationality of the buyer is not known but, inevitably, there is mention of a Russian oligarch or an Arab billionaire.

While most of the block has been sold, 35% of properties are still waiting for new owners.

The Candy brothers bought the office block site for £150m in 2004.

They hit the headlines recently because of their legal action against the Qatari ruling family, the al Thanis, and their plans to develop Chelsea Barracks.

The legal action was brought - and subsequently settled - after the Qatari group was persuaded by the Prince of Wales to ditch its redevelopment.

140,000,000?? Sheesh, thats more than I earn in a month. lol

I wonder what the "Council Tax will be".

I bet their wheelie bins only get lifted once a fortnight just like everyone else.....Who says money can buy you happiness.

Happy birthday Rifqa and now for the bad news

A brave girl who was told by her family they were going to kill her for dishonering them (not to mention tens of thousands via email) has had a 100% certain paid college eduaction pulled from under her by the very people paid to look after her.

After all this poor and heroic girl has been through they now do this.

wouldn't want to upset the future ruling majority now would we.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2010/08/happy-birthday-rifqa.html

Happy Birthday Rifqa

Rifqa is free ............ Christian Convert Rifqa Bary Turns 18, Released From State Custody

No Christian College for Rifqa – It Would “Offend Muslimsâ€

The Rifqa Bary affair is a case study in the acquiescence of the American rule of law to Islamic law. The special handling of this teenage apostate from Islam has been unlike that given any other teen runaway. The gag order, the fear of Islam, the restrictions ... all soft Sharia.

Think the Rifqa Bary story couldn’t get any worse? Or that I have been overstating the hostility towards Rifqa by the Hamas-linked CAIR-fearing Franklin County Child Services? Rifqa Bary was denied a chance to gain a full scholarship to a Christian college, for fear that her doing so would anger Muslims.

A few months back, it came to light that Rifqa, who fled from her devout Muslim parents in fear for her life after converting from Islam to Christianity and is now in foster care in Ohio, is suffering from an aggressive form of uterine cancer. While she was in the hospital, her parents were brought to her bedside, upsetting the girl terribly.

And now it can be revealed that a concerned American who cares for Rifqa’s future tried over the past year to get her admitted to a Christian college. Now she is 18, and Rifqa could begin her freshman year in college this fall. This woman, who has no connection to Rifqa’s case except sympathy for the poor girl, negotiated with the college for a scholarship for Rifqa. In the course of doing so, she was able to interest in Rifqa’s case a lecturer there who is an expert on religious liberty. She was able to convince the college to make Rifqa a genuine scholarship offer and obtained documents pertaining to the college and the scholarship.

It is worth mentioning that this resourceful and generous woman did all this despite being confined to a wheelchair. It wasn’t easy for her to make her way around this college to talk to the many people she had to see in order to make this scholarship offer happen for Rifqa. But that didn’t stop her.

What stopped her, at least for now, are the people around Rifqa. When this courageous lady tried to deliver the scholarship documents to Rifqa’s guardian ad litem, Bonnie Vangeloff, she found it extremely hard to get Vangeloff's attention. Now from one angle that that’s understandable, since there must be a great many people sending Bonnie material about Rifqa – most of it of little value.

But this was a genuine scholarship offer, and finally Bonnie Vangeloff was convinced of that. However, the gag order that has been placed on so many people involved with this case has prevented Bonnie from discussing the college and the scholarship in any depth with the woman who made it all happen in the first place, and she wasn’t allowed to discuss the college or the offer with Rifqa until she got permission from Rifqa’s court-appointed psychologist, Jennifer Dorn. She got that permission and gave Rifqa the material, encouraging her to apply. Unfortunately, Bonnie Vangeloff did not have the last word in this matter.

Vangeloff delivered the documents to Franklin County Children’s Services, which is currently responsible for Rifqa. But she didn’t hear back promptly at all. Bonnie and the woman responsible for obtaining the scholarship tried to get hold of the executive director of Franklin County Children’s Services, Eric Fenner, and Rifqa’s Franklin County Children's Services Case worker, Margaret Shirk, numerous times. They left multiple messages. They heard nothing.

The deadline for the scholarship started to get close. It came and went. Nothing. They got an extension. Still nothing.

It wasn’t until several weeks after the final, final, final extended deadline for the scholarship that the message came that Shirk wasn’t going to sign the necessary forms. Rifqa wouldn’t be going to this Christian college.

Why not? Because of the gag order, we don’t know for sure. But the woman who arranged for the scholarship has pieced together some clues. She believes that Margaret Shirk, rather than Rifqa’s lawyers, had the legal responsibility to sign off on Rifqa’s hospital treatment. That would mean that it was Shirk who called Rifqa’s parents, Mohamed and Aysha Bary, to Rifqa’s hospital bedside for their tactless visit that so upset Rifqa.

In line with her solicitude for Rifqa’s parents, it also seems that Margaret Shirk didn’t like the idea of Rifqa going to this college in the first place. The Franklin County Children’s Services intends to send Rifqa to college, but not to a Christian college. Why not? Shirk apparently is worried that if Rifqa goes to a Christian college, it “might upset the Muslim community.â€

It might upset the Muslim community.

Here is a girl whose life has been threatened not just by her father but by other Muslims on Facebook, and Children’s Services is more worried about offending Muslims than they are about her.

This is criminal. Utterly depraved. Rifqa deserves better. Apostates deserve better.

But they won't get it.

Friday the 13th is often thought of as an unlucky day - and it certainly lived up to its reputation for one youngster. Skip related content

At precisely 13:13, a boy aged 13 was seen by the St John Ambulance team at Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival in Suffolk after he was struck by lightning, a spokesman said.

The boy suffered a minor burn and was taken to James Paget Hospital, where he is expected to make a full recovery.

Jason Gillingham, county ambulance officer and on scene at the show, said: "This was a very minor burn to the boy's shoulder, but he was conveyed to hospital and is recovering well.

"The incident proves what an important role St John Ambulance plays here at the show every year. We really do our bit to make a difference to the enormous number of people who are out enjoying their day... no matter what the weather, or the date."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100813/tuk-friday-13-unlucky-for-lightning-boy-6323e80.html

'I've had sex with 5,000 men in nine years (but never the same man twice),' boasts beauty therapist, 25

article-1302744-0AC8B0BA000005DC-818_468x483.jpg

A beauty therapist, 25, has claimed to have slept with 5,000 men in just nine years - or 3,285 days.

Nikki Lee also boasts about having a ‘personal best’ of four men in one night and she claims she has never had sex with the same conquest twice.

In an admission that will shock most people, the blonde Essex girl has told how she has had casual sex in nightclubs, alleyways, parks, cinemas and teen discos since losing her virginity at 16.

Miss Lee, who also works as a model, admits to going on regular sex holidays, where she sleeps with men in clubs, on beaches and on balconies.

She averages having sex with two men every day and has kept the details of each of them in a little red notebook - all with scores.

By the time she was 21, Miss Lee claims to have had sex with 2,289 men. Although the admission, made to a weekly real-life magazine, cannot be verified, has been called 'emotionally very dangerous' by a relationship expert.

‘I put a star beside the lads who were best in bed. By the time I was 18, I had moved out of home and in with friends and there were nearly 800 in my book,’ she said.

‘Plenty of men have notches on bedposts, so why couldn't I have my own packed little red book?’

Miss Lee boasts that she is ‘proud’ of the astonishing figure – and claims she is so obsessed about having sex that it’s her ‘drug’.

But even the ‘sex-addict’, who admits that on one holiday to Ibiza she slept with four men on the same night, claims she has some standards.

Miss Lee told Love It! magazine: ‘I just have two rules: no men who belong to someone else and only safe sex. Apart from that, pretty much anything else goes.

‘I have now slept with more than 5,000 blokes.

'Some of my mates think I need to get help for sex addiction.

‘But if I am a sex addict, I am enjoying it and don't want to be cured.’

Talking about losing her virginity at 16, Miss Lee said: ‘I’d discovered something I was good at.

‘I started keeping my notebooks within weeks. I was proud of how many men I was sleeping with and I was scared I would lose track.

‘Every lad I recorded was proof I was more sexy than other girls.’

She also told how she uses condoms and is taking the contraceptive pill.

‘My behaviour wasn’t hurting anyone. I visited my local sexual health clinic every couple of weeks to make sure my lifestyle wasn’t harming me,’ she added.

Sex and relationship expert Dr Pam Spurr said: ‘It is technically possible, but emotionally very dangerous.

‘Detaching all your feelings and sleeping with strangers could leave you psychologically damaged. I can't see where the fun ends or begins.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1302744/Ive-sex-5-000-men-years-boasts-beauty-therapist-25.html#ixzz0wWYHNze3

Carbon Scoreboard,

(Reuters) - Global carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions in 2009 fell 1.3 percent to 31.3 billion tonnes in the first year-on-year decline in this decade, German renewable energy institute IWR said on Friday.

The Muenster-based institute, which advises German ministries, cited the global economic crisis and rising investments in renewable energies for the fall in emissions.

Global investment in renewable installations for power, heat and fuels last year rose to 125 billion euros ($161 billion) from 120 billion in 2008, IWR said.

But IWR director Norbert Allnoch said given the force of the crisis, the reductions in CO2 output could have been greater, had stronger output in Asian and Middle Eastern countries not overcompensated the savings obtained from declines in Europe, Russia, Japan and the U.S.

"The energy-induced CO2 output in China in 2009 due to its economic growth has grown to a level now that is as high as that of the U.S. and Russia combined," he said.

China in 2009 was in top position with 7.43 billion tonnes after 6.81 billion in 2008, followed by the U.S. with 5.95 billion (6.37 billion 2008). Russia was in third position, just before India, and followed by Japan.

Global investments in solar and wind power were helped by lower equipment costs as the crisis led to price cuts, IWR said.

But it reiterated its earlier suggestions that, in order to put brakes on the rising fossil fuels usage and to stabilize global CO2, it recommends that global annual spending on renewables be quadrupled to 500 billion euros ($644.2 billion).

Global CO2 emissions are still 37 percent above those in 1990, the basis year for the Kyoto Climate Protocol.

'I've had sex with 5,000 men in nine years (but never the same man twice),' boasts beauty therapist, 25

A beauty therapist, 25, has claimed to have slept with 5,000 men in just nine years - or 3,285 days.

Ok, she obviously has purpose in life..

Wouldnt be any problem for her to give birth to a baby at least...

Aye, a baby elephant...her gash will have enough room for a football team.

:lol:

Almost breaks my numbers

Manhunt in Thailand for British boxer

Police in Thailand have launched a manhunt for a British Thai boxing expert who is suspected of murder.

The Thai authorities say they believe Lee Aldhouse, 28, is the main suspect in the killing of a 23-year-old ex-US Marine who was found stabbed to death.

The killing happened after a bar fight on the holiday island of Phuket.

Phuket airport and boat piers are being watched closely by police, and Mr Aldhouse's picture is being widely circulated.

He is the main suspect after Dashawn Longfellow was stabbed to death at his apartment following a bar brawl.

Mr Aldhouse, who told friends he was from Birmingham, had been living in Phuket for some time practicing Muay Thai, or Thai boxing.

Mr Longfellow, a US veteran of wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan, was found dead at his apartment by police. He had been stabbed in the chest.

Earlier in the evening the two men had to be separated after a fight broke out at a local bar.

Police said they believe Mr Aldhouse had followed the American home, after stealing a knife from a convenience store.

Police believe he is still on Phuket.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-10982945

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-10983227

Wow... that's cold-hearted.

German singer Nadja Benaissa apologises at HIV trial

A singer from German girl band No Angels has admitted to having unprotected sex with several partners without warning them she was HIV-positive.

Nadja Benaissa, 28, was speaking at the opening of her trial in the German city of Darmstadt.

"I am so sorry," Ms Benaissa told the court. However, she denied deliberately infecting anyone.

She faces a charge of grievous bodily harm for allegedly infecting one man.

She has also been charged with attempted bodily harm for allegedly having sex with two other men who were not infected.

If convicted, Ms Benaissa faces a prison sentence ranging from six months to 10 years.

After the opening of the trial, German news agency DAPD carried a statement from Ms Benaissa's lawyer admitting she had not handled the HIV virus properly, and conceding she had had unprotected sex.

But the singer said: "No way did I want my partner to be infected."

Aids gala declaration

Ms Benaissa was arrested in Frankfurt last year, shortly before she was due to perform a solo concert, and spent 10 days in custody.

Aids campaigners were critical of the authorities' handling of the arrest and warned against a rush to criminalise the transmission of HIV, the BBC's Tristana Moore reports from Berlin.

According to prosecutors, Ms Benaissa knew she was HIV-positive as early as 1999.

A former lover, who is HIV-positive, has said the singer infected him in 2004 and is due to appear in court in Darmstadt as a co-claimant.

Last November Ms Benaissa appeared at an Aids charity gala in Berlin and openly declared: "My name is Nadja Benaissa, I'm 27 years old, I have a daughter - and I'm HIV-positive."

No Angels were formed in 2000 on the international TV show Popstars, before recording a series of hits and emerging as Germany's most successful girl band.

They re-formed in 2007 and competed in the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest, finishing 23rd.

Ms Benaissa's trial is expected to end later this month.

Home Review

http://www.bangkokpost.com/tech/techscoop/191606/totally-crazy

Police said they arrested two "German hackers" but it appeared that the smirking Dominik Iacono, 22, and Dave Ackermann, 23, were German money mules; that's the term used by the hacking gangs centred in Russia (and elsewhere) who have been targeting Thailand among the countries where they can steal money from bank accounts; the actual hackers write pernicious programs and attach them to bogus email with subjects like "Here is your refund" and "Have you heard Thaksin is dead?"; people click on these emails and the attachments, or on the fake web links, and their computer is instantly infected with undetected software installed by the Trojan horse.

The Trojan then records their keystrokes and sends them back to Russian (in this case) headquarters secretively, using the victims' Internet connection; the actual hackers ferret out the victims' online banking passwords, log in as them, and transfer money to their own accounts; the mules such as Mr Iacono and Mr Ackermann stand by (typically in Pattaya) to instantly take the case out of the second account with ATM cards.

Police estimate this gang has stolen 100 million baht from people in Thailand, and they will never get that money back since it's not the bank's fault; such trojan attacks have become common, and the arrest of the two Germans, alleged accomplices, only mean the hacking gang has to send new mules to Thailand, posing as tourists.

Manhunt in Thailand for British boxer

Police in Thailand have launched a manhunt for a British Thai boxing expert who is suspected of murder.

The Thai authorities say they believe Lee Aldhouse, 28, is the main suspect in the killing of a 23-year-old ex-US Marine who was found stabbed to death.

The killing happened after a bar fight on the holiday island of Phuket.

Phuket airport and boat piers are being watched closely by police, and Mr Aldhouse's picture is being widely circulated.

He is the main suspect after Dashawn Longfellow was stabbed to death at his apartment following a bar brawl.

Mr Aldhouse, who told friends he was from Birmingham, had been living in Phuket for some time practicing Muay Thai, or Thai boxing.

Mr Longfellow, a US veteran of wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan, was found dead at his apartment by police. He had been stabbed in the chest.

Earlier in the evening the two men had to be separated after a fight broke out at a local bar.

Police said they believe Mr Aldhouse had followed the American home, after stealing a knife from a convenience store.

Police believe he is still on Phuket.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-10982945

UPDATE:

CCTV footage has emerged apparently showing British kickboxer Lee Aldhouse moments before he is alleged to have murdered a US soldier in Thailand.

The 28-year-old is still on the run five days after American Marine Dashawn Longfellow was found stabbed to death in his hotel at the Yanui Paradise Resort in southern Phuket.

Security cameras captured a man closely resembling Aldhouse stealing two knives from a nearby 7-Eleven store shortly before the 23-year-old was killed.

The suspect is seen leaving the shop as a woman in the doorway tries to restrain him.

A store assistant follows him outside while phoning police on his mobile phone.

Police later found two knives similar to the ones taken from the shop at the murder scene.

Aldhouse reportedly lost a fist fight against Mr Longfellow at the nearby Freedom Bar in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Police think Dashawn Longfellow (left) was killed by Aldhouse

Officers think Aldhouse, wearing a black shirt, shorts, and no shoes, then armed himself with the knives before tracking down the soldier and stabbing him to death.

Thai authorities have his passport and say they are confident they will catch him soon as he is running out of money.

Colonel Vichid Intharasorn, leading the hunt, told tourism website Phuket Wan: "He can surrender or hold out until we come for him. There is no escape."

But the victim's mother says police are not doing enough to find her son's killer.

"The cops ain't doing nothing fast enough,'' Tammy Longfellow told ABC News.

''They keep telling me they're closing in on him. Well how long do you think you're going to close in on somebody to catch him?"

Police say Aldhouse is known for starting fights in bars

She said her son served in Iraq and Afghanistan, where he was injured when a roadside bomb exploded under his truck.

He was awarded the Purple Heart for his bravery, and then moved to Thailand to become a kickboxer.

Aldhouse, who is believed to be from the Birmingham area, has lived in Thailand for about four years.

He competed on the club boxing circuit in Phuket, but a number of gyms asked him to leave following concerns about his aggressive behaviour.

Officers said Aldhouse was known for starting fights in bars on the island.

The was between these two.

15687510.jpg

Video is here:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/British-Kickbox-Killer-Caught-On-CCTV-Lee-Aldhouse-Wanted-Over-US-Marines-Death-In-Phuket/Article/201008315697575?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15697575_British_Kickbox_Killer_Caught_On_CCTV:_Lee_Aldhouse_Wanted_Over_US_Marines_Death_In_Phuket

That's Lady Gaga?

Why does she look like Courtenay Love's Auntie?

Crack, smack and a million quid.

wait a minute..... that would make a good movie title man...

lets get guy richie to direct it.... :wink:

:lol:

Starring Lady Gaga as the lead role as a youth and Courtney Love as the older version.

What other celb age-a-likes could be added?