2009 Flu Pandemic in Thailand

Sathorn

Pretty strange/scary stats here for us:

Thailand is No. 7 in swine flu cases worldwide (1. in Asia) (luckily not Top 10 in cases per capita), also Thailand is 6th in swine flu deaths worldwide (1. in Asia) and has the 3rd worst case/death ratio of the top 10 after Argentina and Uruguay.

And these are only official cases, somehow I dont trust stats here much, I wonder what the REAL count is :roll:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ p'Iain... I remember you asked me about 6 steps of hand washing...

Here you are,

handwashing2.jpg

Don't forget, use 2 CC. of alcohol waterless handrub and spend at least 15 sec.

Did this remind anyone else of those sex position t-shirts?

Or am I just...a guy?

:twisted: :twisted:

can we please avoid such frivolous responses on a serious subject please?

Thank you Neung!! :D

Having someone laugh at it.. it's nothing new to me..

I wash my hands that way since the infection control team ask me to create media to train staff... convince, make them realize how important of hand washing. The hands can safe ppl lifes or kill them.

It's hard job.

When my friends and people around have seen me wash my hands like that.. they think it was funny and waste time. I don't care... These days they asked me to show them "how to" again and again.

Sometimes people laugh to see someone do something right cuz it's aint cool.

I don't care if some TF people laugh at me cuz of this chart. I just share some information, that's all. If you think it's stupid, that's not my problem.

actually some advice on basic personal hgiene is probably a lot more useful than those paper masks ppl r wearing !!!

• 1 month later...

Bangkok cabbies ordered to wear facemask

The Public Health Ministry has instructed some 201,800 taxi drivers in Bangkok to wear facemask a measure to prevent the spread of type-A (H1N1) influenza to passengers.

They were also asked to check body's temperature and clean their taxi cap, steering wheel, and door handle by using disinfectant.

Facemasks and hand-wash gel will be available in taxi cap. The ministry said 4 paper face masks will cost Bt 10 and one fabric face mask will cost Bt 10. Hand wash gel will cost Bt25 per 50 grammes.

-The Nation.

nobody is dying from it.

something like 30,000 people every year die from flu in USA, a country 5 times the size of Thailand and with better medical care.

of course its the mutation that is the concern.

True

I had a mild case back in late June(work in a hotel)

Its very similar to the regular flu, but with more aches..alot more aches..and lots of coughing/chest pain

Your body will feel like its been hit by a train, you'll sweat like a pig, and have numerous chills. You wont be able to get out of bed, zero energy

So yeah, if you get these symptoms..and you dont have a cold/sore throat..its most likely H1N1

They actually think this flu has been around before..

Just take precautions..

Bangkok cabbies ordered to wear facemask

The Public Health Ministry has instructed some 201,800 taxi drivers in Bangkok to wear facemask a measure to prevent the spread of type-A (H1N1) influenza to passengers.

They were also asked to check body's temperature and clean their taxi cap, steering wheel, and door handle by using disinfectant.

Facemasks and hand-wash gel will be available in taxi cap. The ministry said 4 paper face masks will cost Bt 10 and one fabric face mask will cost Bt 10. Hand wash gel will cost Bt25 per 50 grammes.

-The Nation.

Actually, it's slow down in BKK.

so not many ppl wear surgical masks lately (included me)

but they still found some people in BKK got H1N1. as I said before if you strong enough, there's nothing to be scared. However, my immune system isn't that good. :P.

Anyway, hand washing is important to cut the way to get any diseases.

Alcohol gel isn't the best way... cuz it's spend time to kill jerms on your hands. Use the liquid ones na it can kill jerms rapidly.

ÃÂèÒÅ×à :!:

¡Ô¹Ãéù

ãªéªéù¡ÅÒ§

ÅéÒ§Ã×à áÅà ÅéÒ§¨Ò¹´éǹÃ

Flu (2009) Free !

:D

¡Ô¹ÅéÒ§ ªéÒ§¡Ã¹ ÃéùÃ×à àËà àËÃ

i am so tough that i dont fear any kind of flu. bird flu or swine flu. i ate eggs and chickens when birds flu was so in trend years ago and never wear any mask when swine flu is in. stupid? :lol:

No, not stupid... it call... "fun fearless girl" µèÒ§ËÒ¡àÅèÒ

yeah i always eat "egg star" (rare one) Boiled egg ÂÒ§ÃõÙà áÅéÇ¡éÃä¢èÅÇ¡

i am so tough that i dont fear any kind of flu. bird flu or swine flu. i ate eggs and chickens when birds flu was so in trend years ago and never wear any mask when swine flu is in. stupid? :lol:

No, not stupid... it call... "fun fearless girl" µèÒ§ËÒ¡àÅèÒ

yeah i always eat "egg star" (rare one) Boiled egg ÂÒ§ÃõÙà áÅéÇ¡éÃä¢èÅÇ¡

egg star and rare one? wow! that's my fav! ¢ÃẺÂÒ§ÃõÙâé¹æàÅ ªÃºÊØ´æ