Is Thai an Ethnic?

maidai

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai is recognised as an ethnic group as well as a nationality.

:)

Then what ethnic are Thai ppl considered as?

are the Ethnic Mon considered Ethnic Thai?

are the ethnic Lao of Isaan considered Ethnic Thai?

what do you consider the Nothern Thais an ethnic of?

I consider the fake can't-read-my-own-alphabet Thais of America to be Caucasian through and through...

Admin... when is this loser getting The Big Red?

I consider the fake can't-read-my-own-alphabet Thais of America to be Caucasian through and through...

Goo bor pen buk Kao, mung pen buk Kao, kao jai mai?

didnt I answer and respond to Pandora comment that was written in Thai in the Farang thread, or was that too obvious that for some reason you never picked that up Fred? :lol:

Goo bor pen buk Kao, mung pen buk Kao, kao jai mai?

didnt I answer and respond to Pandora comment that was written in Thai in the Farang thread, or was that too obvious that for some reason you never picked that up Fred? :lol:

I doubt you answered fully. You never have. (I'll check it out and laugh at you some more)

You've been asked at LEAST three simple questions by me. All of which failed to get any answer.

Your Karaoke Thai is excrutiatingly painful... I mean seriously, if you were Thai, you would NEVER write like this.

You write like a Sexpat Loser... funny that.

I believe to be ethnic Thai you have to have some lineange to what ppl consider the Tai ethnic ppl.

Thai = Tai

Thai actually part of Tai rather than =.

Tai is the wider ethnolinguistic grouping of Thailand and some adjacent countries...

yeah, sure, that is why i said, some lineange to Tai ppl to be considered at least Ethnic Thai.

maybe i should of put it this way.

Thai = Tai (or any combination of other groups of ppl not descendent of Tai) who live or are from the greater Thai Kingdom.

I doubt you answered fully. You never have. (I'll check it out and laugh at you some more)

You've been asked at LEAST three simple questions by me. All of which failed to get any answer.

Your Karaoke Thai is excrutiatingly painful... I mean seriously, if you were Thai, you would NEVER write like this.

You write like a Sexpat Loser... funny that.

Im here to talk about the topic, that is why i answered Pandora's comment that was written in Thai, because it was apart of the discussion. Im not here to answer stupid questions that have nothing to do with anything. Especially from you right said Fred.

ur the Sexpat dude, lolzzzz, we all know why ur in Thailand.

Oh you LOSER!!! You mean that bullshit about 'r' and 'l' being interchangeable? You mean like 'Flied Lice Velly Dericious'? Well done Einstein!

I picked up on that and laughed at you weeks ago. ****!

No, you didn't answer ANYTHING in Thai script. You were asked several questions which could have been answered in English.

For example, I wrote out the name of Bangkok for you in Thai script and asked you to find the mistakes... there were three HUGE mistakes... you didn't see any of them. I asked you which dialect you speak, you couldn't answer choice A, B or C!

You FAIL.

You're a liar... and even worse... you're a **** liar. You can't even be a convincing Troll. You suck at this. Get a new hobby.

Oh you LOSER!!! You mean that bullshit about 'r' and 'l' being interchangeable? You mean like 'Flied Lice Velly Dericious'? Well done Einstein!

I picked up on that and laughed at you weeks ago. d*ck!

No, you didn't answer ANYTHING in Thai script. You were asked several questions which could have been answered in English.

For example, I wrote out the name of Bangkok for you in Thai script and asked you to find the mistakes... there were three HUGE mistakes... you didn't see any of them. I asked you which dialect you speak, you couldn't answer choice A, B or C!

You FAIL.

You're a liar... and even worse... you're a sh*t liar. You can't even be a convincing Troll. You suck at this. Get a new hobby.

Lolzzz, yeah Fred, im a troll because i like talking about the topic and like sticking to the topic :lol: Idiot

If u knew how to read, she said that the "r" sound came from pali and sankrit and not from Khmer ppl. responding to my comment, nothing about the "L" buk koy noi.

Lolzzz, yeah Fred, im a troll because i like talking about the topic and like sticking to the topic :lol:

Funny how your principles are EXACTLY the principles which mean you don't need to read any Thai letters.

If you were Thai, you would know that some of those posts in the 'Farang' thread actually WERE on topic... but you didn't notice....

Wonder why.

I believe to be ethnic Thai you have to have some lineange to what ppl consider the Tai ethnic ppl.

Thai = Tai

Thai actually part of Tai rather than =.

Tai is the wider ethnolinguistic grouping of Thailand and some adjacent countries...

yeah, sure, that is why i said, some lineange to Tai ppl to be considered at least Ethnic Thai.

maybe i should of put it this way.

Thai = Tai (or any combination of other groups of ppl not descendent of Tai) who live or are from the greater Thai Kingdom.

from what little I know....

Tai peoples hailed from the sino-tibetan plateau and have given rise to the Thai people who inhabit Thailand and the Tai people who inhabit the TaiYai kingdom in Burma. Their languages are quite similiar. They have given rise to several other linguistic groups and ethnicities but Mon is not one of them. At least I am pretty sure about that.

Why are you so hell bent on considering Thai peoples to be ethnic Thai and therefore ethnic Tai?

just wondering. so you can be accurate about something?

btw I loved your title "Is Thai Ethnic" to show you are actually Thai and cannot know when to use the adjective ethnic or the noun ethnicity. "Is Thai an ethnic group" would be a better title. or are the Thai people considered an ethnic group?

from what little I know....

Tai peoples hailed from the sino-tibetan plateau and have given rise to the Thai people who inhabit Thailand and the Tai people who inhabit the TaiYai kingdom in Burma. Their languages are quite similiar. They have given rise to several other linguistic groups and ethnicities but Mon is not one of them. At least I am pretty sure about that.

Why are you so hell bent on considering Thai peoples to be ethnic Thai and therefore ethnic Tai?

just wondering. so you can be accurate about something?

btw I loved your title "Is Thai Ethnic" to show you are actually Thai and cannot know when to use the adjective ethnic or the noun ethnicity. "Is Thai an ethnic group" would be a better title. or are the Thai people considered an ethnic group?

Im not really hell bent :lol: thats funny,

someone suggested that Thai was just a nationality on the other thread, so i wondered why he thought that? You can just call it my quest for knowledge. :D

Thai itself as bittche said, I think, is not an ethnic of itself but a subgroup of the over all Tai ppl. Then again, there are subgroups of Tai who live in under the umbrella of the Thai Kingdom. Tai Puan, Tai Yuan, Tai Isaan(lao), TaiYai(Shan), Tai Dam, Tai etc... all live under the Thai umbrella. Thats the real reason why Siam was changed to Thailand wasnt it? the attempt to unify all the Tai ppl under the golden umbrella.

anyway, i think its both an ethnicity as well as a nationality.

I remember reading someones post saying that Thai was just a Nationality.

Just wondered what ppl thought about what is Thai, Do you consider Thai an ethnicity or is it just a nationality or Both? If you consider it an ethnicity, what ethnicity are Thai ppl?

That comment was from me.

The people of modern Thailand are descendents of these (and other) ethnic groups:

Khmer

Hmong

Mon

Pyu

Yoy

Bru

Karen

Lisu

Han

Tai

Malay

I've listed Tai because it used to be a distinct ethnic group. But now it's often used to refer to a collection of ethnic groups.

I like to think of Thailand as a mix of ethnicities, because even today it's very clear that there are different cultures, languages, music and traditions within Thailand.

I remember reading someones post saying that Thai was just a Nationality.

Just wondered what ppl thought about what is Thai, Do you consider Thai an ethnicity or is it just a nationality or Both? If you consider it an ethnicity, what ethnicity are Thai ppl?

That comment was from me.

The people of modern Thailand are descendents of these (and other) ethnic groups:

Khmer

Hmong

Mon

Pyu

Yoy

Bru

Karen

Lisu

Han

Tai

Malay

I've listed Tai because it used to be a distinct ethnic group. But now it's often used to refer to a collection of ethnic groups.

I like to think of Thailand as a mix of ethnicities, because even today it's very clear that there are different cultures, languages, music and traditions within Thailand.

I agree that Thailand has many different ethnic groups, but who are the Thai ppl themselves. (ethnicly) the Karen are the karen, the Malay are Malay, Khmer are Khmer, Mon are Mon, etc....

reading Thai history books, All books suggest the Thai ppl are those Tai i mentioned before.

reading Thai history books, All books suggest the Thai ppl are those Tai i mentioned before.

Are you suggesting the Thai people who are, for example, Khmer descendents and who speak the Khmer language are not Thai?

The Thai people are the result of over 1000 years of mixing and migration of the many ethnicities. Genetically, the original Tai people form a small part of what is now the Thai nation. Culturally, it's clear that there are diverse ethnicities in Thailand, corresponding to some of the ethnic groups that comprise it's population.

Thai woman are hot!

Sorry, that didn't answer your question :P

I have always believed pretty much what Im_A_Bitch said.

asskisser!!!

(how is the white horse btw??)

:)

True :lol:

The horse is being groomed as we speak :P

is that some sort of strange New York euphemism?? :?

If it was, it would be new to me :shock:

so, are you experienced at grooming? and have you ever been caught?

:wink:

I picked up on that and laughed at you weeks ago. d*ck!

You FAIL.

You're a liar... and even worse... you're a sh*t liar. You can't even be a convincing Troll. You suck at this. Get a new hobby.

Lolzzz, yeah Fred, im a troll because i like talking about the topic and like sticking to the topic :lol: Idiot

If u knew how to read, she said that the "r" sound came from pali and sankrit and not from Khmer ppl. responding to my comment, nothing about the "L" buk koy noi.

Must reply to this : I also said that both of us are right. Some R sounds are from Khmer and some are from Sankrit. (but never mind, you believe what you believe. It's a free world.)

and pity the book I reserved at the library hasn't yet arrived.