Can (straight) Man and Woman be JUST FRIENDS ?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Can (straight) Man and Woman be JUST FRIENDS ?

• Yes, but have to set up bounderies and rules apply
    • No, sexual tension / primal instint always get in the way
    • Absolutely. A man and a woman can be platonic friends.

Can but there are rules and complications, at 1st boundaries need to be set as with all friendships... even same sex ones.

My BF is a girl, but she is also my 1st GF... so we went through the whole sex thing and came out better friends than ever.

Being friend with ex lovers.... risky.

It can get complicated.

It's difficult to bring a relationship back to its normal state after having been most intimate with someone...

not only that Tonia, but there is always the jealousy factor from current partners of you or ex. Anyone that carries this one off deserves a beer or 4!

:D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can but there are rules and complications, at 1st boundaries need to be set as with all friendships... even same sex ones.

My BF is a girl, but she is also my 1st GF... so we went through the whole sex thing and came out better friends than ever.

:lol: My boyfriend is a girl, but she is also my first girlfriend..... awesome statement.!.! I like that.... :lol:

I have many female friends.... always have had and always will do, of course on few occassion's the barrier has been crossed between friendship and relationship and sometimes not for the better... but thats a decision and risk you both have to take to the detrement to your friendship, on occassion...

I have even continued friendships with ex girlfriends.... sometimes better than the relationship we had..!!!! Each to their own 8)

:lol: My boyfriend is a girl, but she is also my first girlfriend..... awesome statement.!.! I like that.... :lol:

I have many female friends.... always have had and always will do, of course on few occassion's the barrier has been crossed between friendship and relationship and sometimes not for the better... but thats a decision and risk you both have to take to the detrement to your friendship, on occassion...

I have even continued friendships with ex girlfriends.... sometimes better than the relationship we had..!!!! Each to their own 8)

BF - Best Friend should i say BFF for the numb nuts?

BF - Best Friend should i say BFF for the numb nuts?

shamu is just jealous - most of his gf's are baaaaaaad

:lol:

i voted for "Yes, but have to set up bounderies and rules apply"

actually, friendship has no boundery and rule.... but to be friends with (straight) guy or tomboy... have to be careful... misinterpretation might happen...

Being careful of misinterpretation or misleading is, boundery.

:lol: and a great example of LG points earlier. :lol:
Is purely no sexual relationship friendship between members of opposite sex possible ?

Can heterosexual male and female really be close friends and nothing else ?

What if you are a married man or non single male who would like a female friendship strictly platonic , how do you keeping good relationship with your spouse / partner ?

Can you be friends with your friend's boyfriend / girlfriend ?

Here is definitions of "Platonic Friends" Urban Dictionary has given us

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Platonic%20Friend

My personal believe is that it can be problematic in some situations, but i would like to hear your opinion / experiences.

speaking from my experienced, men and women definitely can be just friends (platonic friends) without passion/desire/love toward one another no matter what. long story short, i have some men friends and gay who i have known them for almost 20 years and we are still very good friends. i like to go out and hang out with them as it's an alternative fun time i could have apart from going out with all the girls especially those who like gossip.

we, men friends, and i were travelling on holidays and we slept in the same room/bed without sex involved. now, some of you guys would think they are not attracted to one another. hmmm... i don't know about them but as for me if i consider someone to be my friends then forget about to get into my pants though i failed on it one time and it's a huge mistake ever.

well, the choice number 3 got my vote kha. :D

It depends on your definition of "friend".

Lots of people call casual acquaintances their friends.

If a "friend" starts cutting into your intimate time with a sexual partner, they are no longer a friend.

My feeling is that Thais can befriend those of the opposite more easily because of the culture of doing everything in groups.. or hating to do anything alone.

Most Westerners (particularly male) can or actually prefer to do almost everything solo. So when they are hooked up with someone of the opposite sex who is attractive to them, they will usually "test" the boundaries more readily.

Again.. the operative term is "friend" which is almost as hard to define as "love"

Is purely no sexual relationship friendship between members of opposite sex possible ?

Can heterosexual male and female really be close friends and nothing else ?

What if you are a married man or non single male who would like a female friendship strictly platonic , how do you keeping good relationship with your spouse / partner ?

Can you be friends with your friend's boyfriend / girlfriend ?

Here is definitions of "Platonic Friends" Urban Dictionary has given us

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Platonic%20Friend

My personal believe is that it can be problematic in some situations, but i would like to hear your opinion / experiences.

I voted for # 3. Most of my close friends are female, and attractive (lol at Bware). And I care for them/love them dearly. But why would I want to hurt them by entering into a relationship with no future. What kind of friend does that?

different cultures have different meanings of the word friends..... in the uk i found most of my friends were female and completely plutonic apart from the odd oopy when we were drunk.

in greece men and women dont really hang out socially with out something going on so therte i found it hard, in china i found it easy to have female friends as chinese treat farang like rock stars.... here, although times are changing, i still think it is deemed as rather unusual for men and women to hang out plutonically. Everytime i have been with a female friend here EVERYONE we have spoken to assumes we are *******, EVERYTIME i tell a female friend i am busy at another friends house, they ALWAYS assum it is a woman and we are screwing.... with sucj whopping levels of suspition throw around at every chance, is it any wonder men and women have a hard time maintaining close, yet plutonic relationships here........ but as i said, times are changing and more and more are able to do it through sites like this...... but for ever plutonic friends story i hear,,,, i hear a dozen cases where they crossed the line lol.

I have 6 real female friends in bkk and loads of people i just know, but that isnt a friendship to me................

in BKK ... friend seems to have taken on a completely new meaning to its origional one

different cultures have different meanings of the word friends..... in the uk i found most of my friends were female and completely plutonic apart from the odd oopy when we were drunk.

Everytime i have been with a female friend here EVERYONE we have spoken to assumes we are f*cking, EVERYTIME i tell a female friend i am busy at another friends house, they ALWAYS assum it is a woman and we are screwing....

Based on your previous admission of the number of house wives & GFs you have slept with in BKK, it means that EVERYONE would have a pretty good chance of being right that you are screwing!

No judgement, just saying..............

Everytime i have been with a female friend here EVERYONE we have spoken to assumes we are f*cking, EVERYTIME i tell a female friend i am busy at another friends house, they ALWAYS assum it is a woman and we are screwing....

Based on your previous admission of the number of house wives & GFs you have slept with in BKK, it means that EVERYONE would have a pretty good chance of being right that you are screwing!

No judgement, just saying..............

as you should know LG, an admission is not necessarily the same thing as the truth...

:twisted: