Michael Jackson Dead at 50

GoodKarma

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MJ was born a few months after me.

When i was 8, i remember walking down the street and i heard a song on a radio nearby that made me stop. It was a song called "Ben".

I can still remember i thought it was so beautiful and the voice amazing.

Years later i found out it was about his pet rat. But it didnt matter. MJ did have incredible talent and voice, even at 8.

Whatever happened in his adult life was another story.

RIP

when i was a kid in early 70s we loved the jackson 5. they rocked.

just last year i was in a small club in Ho Chih Mihn City that had excellent amateur talent singing, playing music. and some viet kid busted out I Want You Back. He had rhythm and soul and the place exploded.

MJ was born a few months after me.

When i was 8, i remember walking down the street and i heard a song on a radio nearby that made me stop. It was a song called "Ben".

I can still remember i thought it was so beautiful and the voice amazing.

Years later i found out it was about his pet rat. But it didnt matter. MJ did have incredible talent and voice, even at 8.

RIP

I know peemarc all I can think of is the moonwalk..

MJ no doubt was weird in his adult hood..He created a blueprint for a lot of modern day artist. a lot of artist actually copy from him. just like people did when elvis was alive so many people copied elvis.elvis when he was alive, god rest his soul was way out their too....sometimes I wonder if you have to be way weird to be creative.

Madonna says she can't stop crying..

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20287803,00.html

yea 3-4 journals already, RIP

Hard to know what to say as the guy was a musical genius and immensely talented. Who could forget that raw energy and innocence of the Jackson 5 and then when I was growing up his hugely influential music of the early 80s, The King of Pop. Is Thriller still the biggest selling album ever? His musical legacy is up there with the greats, influenced so many and will be completely devasted that such a talent has been lost.

RIP

But then the guy was a freak with what his did to his body, the whitening (take note Khon Thai) and the constant nose jobs. His children being submitted to bizarre events and customs. And who really believes that he did not have a thing for kids? He was seemingly able to buy his way out of accountability a number of times. It appears he was lucky not to be seen in the same light as we would regard Gary Glitter.

Most geniuses are flawed, their flaws are usually forgiven after death if not sometimes admired. But MJ was perhaps more tortured than most and probably wrecked quite a few childrens lives in ways that are unforgivable.

Mixed feelings on this one.

Most geniuses are flawed, their flaws are usually forgiven after death if not sometimes admired. But MJ was perhaps more tortured than most and probably wrecked quite a few childrens lives in ways that are unforgivable.

I just hate how the media preys on celebrities and puts a spotlight on the dirt. None of my business and I don't want to know. He was a great talent and entertainer.

I just hate how the media preys on celebrities and puts a spotlight on the dirt. None of my business and I don't want to know. He was a great talent and entertainer.

sorry eagle .... if celebrities r preying on young kids then IT IS our business. now as far as i'm concerned celebrities can shag each other silly and stuff whatever drugs they want up their noses, but when kids r involved then a line is crossed and they have got to be answerable to the law of the land !!

no doubt micheal jackson was an amazing talent, but for me his legacy will always be tainted by his strange "affection" for young kids !!

yea 3-4 journals already, RIP

Hard to know what to say as the guy was a musical genius and immensely talented. Who could forget that raw energy and innocence of the Jackson 5 and then when I was growing up his hugely influential music of the early 80s, The King of Pop. Is Thriller still the biggest selling album ever? His musical legacy is up there with the greats, influenced so many and will be completely devasted that such a talent has been lost.

RIP

But then the guy was a freak with what his did to his body, the whitening (take note Khon Thai) and the constant nose jobs. His children being submitted to bizarre events and customs. And who really believes that he did not have a thing for kids? He was seemingly able to buy his way out of accountability a number of times. It appears he was lucky not to be seen in the same light as we would regard Gary Glitter.

very good point LG..I find myself torn when I listen to Elvis who also was a pedophile he liked very young girls. but I just can't help moving to the beat of his songs..the dude was definitely an original..died at such a young age he was definitly making a career comeback. your are right about that how people tend to forget graceland attracts millions each year. I wonder if neverland will become a michael jackson

graceland if it does you read it here first...

sorry eagle .... if celebrities r preying on young kids then IT IS our business. now as far as i'm concerned celebrities can shag each other silly and stuff whatever drugs they want up their noses, but when kids r involved then a line is crossed and they have got to be answerable to the law of the land !!

no doubt micheal jackson was an amazing talent, but for me his legacy will always be tainted by his strange "affection" for young kids !!

I agree messing with children is bad I agree and he was over the top even if he was innocent of charges But its for the law and the parents were as guilty letting their children hang out with him , I was sick to hear that drama.

GK wrote
I listen to Elvis who also was a pedophile he liked very young girls
Priscilla was 16 and I don't think he had 12 year olds running around the house :shock:

eagle he was sorry to say..he would have a limo pick dates up from elementry school...a child is a child 16 really still is a child..im not here to bad talk elvis though and I dont want to offend any diehard elvis fans either...just bringing up a struggle I have with him and his music. the guy was an incredible talent. you can't help but move to his music even though its old school. its kinda crazy the paralle of elvis an michael.. elvis was broke before he died making a comeback etc very errie if you ask me..

http://www.michaeljackson.com/

:cry: it was for the 1969 i had just moved with my family from puerto rico to hawaii when the AM radio was playing 'ABC' got my first crush with a local girl and that song along with 'mamas pearl" defined that summer for me aloha michael.

hahaha,,, that was such a great track.... i got 'crush' memories about that time too :lol:

here ya go... check it out...

:cry: it was for the 1969 i had just moved with my family from puerto rico to hawaii when the AM radio was playing 'ABC' got my first crush with a local girl and that song along with 'mamas pearl" defined that summer for me aloha michael.

hahaha,,, that was such a great track.... i got 'crush' memories about that time too :lol:

here ya go... check it out...

yes PeeMarc that hit the spot way more simple innocent time of life

This is really sad news. I remembered I saw his conccert when I was in high school, "Dangerous" Tour Concert live in Bangkok. That was the first and biggest concert I have seen. At that time no CD for me only Cassette Tape, and I had to rewind the tape many times to practice his songs. I remember 'Give in to me" and Heal the World that i can sing with out reading the lyrics :P (it s slow song that why) Once the concert finished, My friend and I walked out from the stadium and unbelievable feeling s still with me, we were in the Great Great concert..... RIP