Thailand Cultural Centre

PSA

Thailand Cultural Centre:

When is the place going to really start firing on all cylinders? I asked about renting a unit there for my photography school and was told they were not ready to accommodate applicants for renting yet.

Great location, building well designed, I hope it gets up to speed soon. Anyone any ideas please?

JT

Do you really mean Thailand Cultural Centre or The place near Thailand Cultural Centre Station (Esplanade)?

I live not far from TCC. It was buit since I was 15 years old (1989) I haven't seen they let it rent. TCC is for performance, library, and exhibitions.

Plus, it's the Thai and Japanese Gov. project so I don't think they will let someone open their private project that easy.

I'm not sure have you ever been there before.

I think it's not place that ppl always go, you know... most ppl always have some purpose to go there. It doesn't like department store.

They do have a lot of small rooms that should be available to people for classes and workshops. Correct, it is definitely under-utilized.

Bangkok Opera, Bangkok Symphony, and Siam Symphony use it for their shows, and there are definitely other groups that use it. Regardless, their management and marketing are lacking something as the place never sells out and I rarely see advertisements for shows there. Sad, really...the hall is impressive.

Its a ******* joke ran by Jokers!

I offered them my whole collection of contemporary art, Ranging from Damien Hirst, Takashi Murakami, Jeff Koons, Andy Warhol and so on...... for FREE.

I also offered to put together a show of some of the worlds hardest to get artists ..... but my letter/email was never answered.

No ones got a clue whats going on, how to treat expensive art works or even what day it is...... RIP the nice new amazing open empty space with muppets in charge.

Its a f*cking joke ran by Jokers!

I offered them my whole collection of contemporary art, Ranging from Damien Hirst, Takashi Murakami, Jeff Koons, Andy Warhol and so on...... for FREE.

I also offered to put together a show of some of the worlds hardest to get artists ..... but my letter/email was never answered.

No ones got a clue whats going on, how to treat expensive art works or even what day it is...... RIP the nice new amazing open empty space with muppets in charge.

I noticed that about Thailand. I went to a really cool performance at not-for-profit space that was designed to benefit disadvantaged children. It was a cool show but the acrobatic performance was really weak.

In my previous life I was a professional acrobat trained for 8 years by the elite of USSR... I trained kids for 4 of those years. I offered them to teach their kids for free. I spoke to the manager she seemed excited, 100 wishy-washy e-mails later I gave up.

Strange but true.

You know, Thai Gov. workers... They don't work much, kinda lazy... and everything must be approved from the Top level. So your e-mails and letters might lost some where.

I went to TCC last month, to see Bangkok Symphony Orchestra. La fete. I told my friends that I have seen this place since I was a teenager, nothing change at all..

It has very cool library upstairs but never been promoted. I think it has Thai dancing school, and Thai music school as well, but I haven't seen that again when I got there.