What book are you currently reading?

Admin_2

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished last night ?The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery? and getting started with ?What Next? Surviving the Twenty-First Century by Christ Patten?

9780141021454z.jpg

What next? is interesting book. Not too heavy. Mine has different cover. I judge a book by its cover :D

next10.jpg

Have you read "Mushroom Clouds" yet?

A Painted House - John Grisham

Inspired by his childhood in Arkansas [1], it is Grisham's first major work outside the legal thriller genre in which he established himself. Set in the late summer and early fall of 1952, its story is told through the eyes of seven-year-old Luke Chandler, the youngest in a family of cotton farmers struggling to harvest their crop and earn enough to settle their debts. The novel portrays the experiences that bring him from a world of innocence into one of harsh reality.

I just love reading about poor white trash picking cotton :P

Grisham strikes me as an american type Jeffery Archer .... equally as f**king **** also !!!

A Painted House - John Grisham

Inspired by his childhood in Arkansas [1], it is Grisham's first major work outside the legal thriller genre in which he established himself. Set in the late summer and early fall of 1952, its story is told through the eyes of seven-year-old Luke Chandler, the youngest in a family of cotton farmers struggling to harvest their crop and earn enough to settle their debts. The novel portrays the experiences that bring him from a world of innocence into one of harsh reality.

I just love reading about poor white trash picking cotton :P

Grisham strikes me as an american type Jeffery Archer .... equally as f**king sh*t also !!!

I do agree to an extent; Grisham book can grow rather cliched and tired...

but...'A Painted House' is a departure not only in genre but in quality too. A great read!!

Currently reading the Peter Kay autobiography 'The Sound of Laughter'

Pretty damn funny in places - classic bit so far is him talking about the woman who told her kids that when the Ice Cream Van sounded its chimes, it meant that they had ran out of ice cream!! Cruel biatch!!

:lol:

1. Hell Yes! by Elezabeth Cogswell Baskin "Two little words for a simplier, happier life."

Before you put one more thing on your calendar, before you agree to work on a new project, before you say YES to an invitation, before you buy something, even before you eat something, ask yourseslf one simple question: Is it a "Hell yes!"? If it's not a "Hell yes!" then let your answer be "Hell no!"

hellyesbookcoversmall1.jpg

2. How to Love by Gordon Livingston, M.D.

It?s not like falling head over heels stuffs but more on the psychological and philosophical extent. This book really caught my nerve so after reading 1/3 of the book I decided to buy it :)

how-to-love.jpg

Have you read "Mushroom Clouds" yet?

No, I haven't heard about this book. Is it a good book?

As I said, it's an interesting book. Good or not, you have to decide as what's good for me might not be good for you. ;)

Mushroom Clouds is about nuclear power and weapons. The auther uses easy language and he knows how to keep people who has very little interest in this kind (like me) stay awake while reading it. He also referes to "Tom Lehrer's song" - we'll all go together when we go. I know that song so I can follow what the auther says.

have fun reading. :D

It?s not like falling head over heels stuffs but more on the psychological and philosophical extent. This book really caught my nerve so after reading 1/3 of the book I decided to buy it :)

how-to-love.jpg

Just finished reading that, a little redundant if you've already read his previous "Too soon old, Too late smart" and "Never Stop Dancing" but otherwise a relevant read on the more important things in life.

Finishing off "egonomics" which is a great book about ego, finished reading "McMafia" by Misha Glenny which is probably the best and most comprehensive book on organised crime I've read. "Way of the Superior Man" by David Deida started off well, see how it pans out.

how-to-love.jpg

Just finished reading that, a little redundant if you've already read his previous "Too soon old, Too late smart" and "Never Stop Dancing" but otherwise a relevant read on the more important things in life.

Finishing off "egonomics" which is a great book about ego, finished reading "McMafia" by Misha Glenny which is probably the best and most comprehensive book on organised crime I've read. "Way of the Superior Man" by David Deida started off well, see how it pans out.

No, I haven't read his other writings but there are redundancies in this book itself too and I only read half of it. Just being too occupied today to continue. I'd love to read "Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart". I'll check at the bookstore if they still have it.

"egonomics" sounds interesting because my pride has always been bigger than anything else :lol: You seem to have many good selections for reading. Anyway, fiction is not my preference. In fact, I don't read many books and always blame it on my short attention span. Well, there are many distractions :lol: