What will the result be?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• A series win to Australia
    • A series win to England
    • A drawn series !!!!!
    • A beer, Bourbon, whiskey, vodka, and gin

seriously considering withdrawing my support for the Aussies

Go and chew on a haggis or better still go for a swim in the Firth of Forth!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Iain while permission may be granted to withdraw ur support for our cow stealing sheep shagging descendants .... on no accounts r u allowed to support the limp wristed poms !!!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously considering withdrawing my support for the Aussies

Go and chew on a haggis or better still go for a swim in the Firth of Forth!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Iain while permission may be granted to withdraw ur support for our cow stealing sheep shagging descendants .... on no accounts r u allowed to support the limp wristed poms !!!

Now just hold on a minute!! I said I may withdraw support for the Aussies; at no point did I suggest I would switch my allegiance to the sad soothern pansies!!

Come on!! I'd rather be French!!

:lol:

The SAD part about this Test, is. It will end in a Draw.

Don't you just :evil: it when that happens

the upside of a draw for you Gav is it prevents an english whitewash of the aussies...chin up fella...

Thankyou Erik, I am ROFLMFAO. You just gave me the Best Laugh I have had in weeks. I know England is also known as Briton, the British Isles the UK POME Land. But I have NEVER known it to be called "FANTASY ISLAND".

Well maybe in Your Dreams 555

??????

England is also known as Britain???

Jesus! What did your forefathers get shipped for?? Stupidity in a public place? Aggravated idiocy???

England is PART of Britain you sheep loving, gravy pie munching, tinnie swiggging CONVICT!!!!

seriously considering withdrawing my support for the Aussies...

:evil:

Hmmm wot sensitive skin you have :wink: Now, back to basics "Sheep lovers" are Kiwi's (New Zealanders) Yes we are pie munching Tinnie swiggering EX convicts (and PROUD) of it. But to us ..... (from Down Under) you lot all come from the same friggen Island. It should be called Scotland, and can fit into most Australian states with heaps of room left over so I would not get my nickers in a twist over a few wrongly drawn lines if I was you :-)

I will give you 1 point NZ used to be part of Australia !!!

Hmmm. Perhaps referring to us in the same breath as those southern ponces is akin to referring to you Aussies in the same breath as the Kiwis?

Though I like your point that it should all be called Scotland and the English shipped back to where they came from, ie; Northern Germany!! :lol:

But never mind...

GO OZ!!!

:lol:

Magnificent display by England :roll:

Four Australian batsmen achieved 100+ in their first innings but England top that with five!

Sorry? What?.... Ohhhh?. five bowlers :shock:

Rain rain go away we must win a Test today.

Well... looks more like tomorrow.

The Aussies have been told "No Sledging" on this Ashes tour.

Why, I will never know, but it seems to be working as it has the POMS running scared. :P They also seem to have lost thier team spirit and respect for each other as well.

I must admit they were stiffed out of their 2nd wicket last night. It does,nt matter as it wont change anything. Unless it rains all day today the Poms are staring at a massive defeat.

Sorry Guys but it don't look good for ya all !!! :wink: :wink:

Never before has a draw felt so much like a victory

And at the start of the match when England thought they were home because they won the toss, England were outplayed for most of the match, let's face it the poms struggle to beat Australia !!!

We are getting the Sky Sports feed of the cricket the commentators being Botham Atherton (He is good) hussain gower David lloyd, and maybe a couple of others talk about being BIAS just can't believe the absolute crap they go in with about how good the poms are!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Does anyone know if they played in an ashes winning series besides botham?!!!!! (maybe lloyd)

In summary:

England calmly guided the final day of the match towards an easy draw displaying much aplomb, mature skills and true grit providing the only excitement on the final day of the opening test match of the Ashes series.

The visitors provided little inspiration. Much up to their traditional measure the tourists seemed like a dull enterprise wilting under the pressure and apart from their unsporting boorishness failed to provide the neccesary entertainment to an appreciative audience. The brave batsmen fought through the pain barrier despite the physio's advice to retire hurt.

It was an otherwsie bright Welsh morning as the sun shone warmly on the sprightly faces of the young English, South African and Indian players. The Australian captain Ricky Ponting often showing the lack of true cricketing instinct made crucial tactical misreadings at the significant impasse and succumbed to the steely determination and self assured English and Indian tail as it wagged past the Australians' combined yet limited wits. Engalnd played better cricket overall and should be in fine fettle as the second test draws close. A consumate crushing perhaps awaits the hapless Australians.

In summary:

England calmly guided the final day of the match towards an easy draw displaying much aplomb, mature skills and true grit providing the only excitement on the final day of the opening test match of the Ashes series.

The visitors provided little inspiration. Much up to their traditional measure the tourists seemed like a dull enterprise wilting under the pressure and apart from their unsporting boorishness failed to provide the neccesary entertainment to an appreciative audience. The brave batsmen fought through the pain barrier despite the physio's advice to retire hurt.

It was an otherwsie bright Welsh morning as the sun shone warmly on the sprightly faces of the young English, South African and Indian players. The Australian captain Ricky Ponting often showing the lack of true cricketing instinct made crucial tactical misreadings at the significant impasse and succumbed to the steely determination and self assured English and Indian tail as it wagged past the Australians' combined yet limited wits. Engalnd played better cricket overall and should be in fine fettle as the second test draws close. A consumate crushing perhaps awaits the hapless Australians.

Agree with everything except the last line should read (hapless English players!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Bloody Poms!!!

bloody useless f**king sheep shaggers !! how the f**k can they not get out Monty in 12 overs !!!

Your calling Aussies sheep shaggers in the context of a test match played in Cardif , Wales??? Now , that is irony....

(And yes how they could not get that last wicket even with the delaying tactics is beyond me)

The 2nd Test starts today at Lords...another foriegn venue where England have failed to win an Ashes test since 1934.....Fred Perry was polishing his Wimbledon Crown...Hope the game is played in the true spirit of cricket and may the best team lose...or at least draw....

Come on England!!

The 2nd Test starts today at Lords...another foriegn venue where England have failed to win an Ashes test since 1934.....Fred Perry was polishing his Wimbledon Crown...Hope the game is played in the true spirit of cricket and may the best team lose...or at least draw....

Come on England!!

what odds r the bookies giving on england actually being able to bowl the aussies out ONCE in this series :?: :?:

although 6 wickets in the last match, was i suppose a decent effort seeing as the aussies could only take 19 !!!

Come on England!!

what odds r the bookies giving on england actually being able to bowl the aussies out ONCE in this series :?: :?:

although 6 wickets in the last match, was i suppose a decent effort seeing as the aussies could only take 19 !!!

The poms are on the backfoot we all but beat them in the 1st test, only due to that hero of a batter "Monty" he should come in and bat at number 4 and pieterson should go down to number 11 !!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

this cant be a real sport unless the americans play...

who the hell wants to win a bunch of ashes.

besides if we did get a team together they would be a bunch of drug addicts

DUI killiing innocent criminals plus the captin would most likely be in jail for curelty to animals.

got to love amican atletes more fun to watch off the feild then on the feild