TF Fantasy Football 2009/10

Stramash

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 Haggismunch Athletic Iain Donnelly 44 457

21 Keyboard Warriors Buzz Hazzelda 56 453

At it again I see, the battle of the b*tch.

very poor week; didn't get the wee reminder e mail and got home so late Friday forgot to check.

But Chris, this time there is virtually the entire league in the wager, so both myself and ZBH are not quite in dire straits yet. (though should Mark Knopfler die in a bizarre toaster incident there may be an opening)

:twisted:

For those of you who extend your fantasies of managing a football team to one of the numerous PC based titles, there is an interesting 'Willie Wonka/Golden Ticket' style competition to celebrate the launch of Football Manger 10. One lucky (the word lucky may be open to several definitions here) purchaser of the game launched this week will find inside a copy of Harry Redknapp's private phone number in a special link up where you can phone Harry for advice on managing your team.

Now, what if you were a diehard Gooner? And found that you suddenly had a direct number to the manager of one of your most despised rivals? (especially in the light of last weekend's 'humping')

Would you;

a) retain the number purely for use in the game; you never know when you might need advice on signing that unknown Bhutanese midfielder.

B) Publish the number on one of the fans' forum pages, prompting a short lived but thoroughly entertaining barrage of abuse?

**rumours that next season's TF Fantasy League will feature a link up with Roy Keane for advice can, at this moment, be completely refuted**

:D

Can someone pls tell me what is going on with Gerrards groin, (no I don't want to know TOO much), and if he is going to be out for 2 months?

And what is up with A Cole? I am missing him in my defence.

Gerrard is suffering from a bit of groin pain and his injury status prior to this weekend's crucial Premier League home match with Blackburn is up in the air.

For Gerrard's sake, I hope the Liverpool medical staff have heard of the "RICE" treatment plan. Rest, ice, compression, and elevation usually fix my groin pulls (and I've had many a groin pull, both football and non-football related) within 48 hours.

If the injury is more serious than that, perhaps he can just receive a pain-killing cortisone injection and take the field with the rest of his colleagues at Anfield on Saturday. Otherwise, you have to think he is a bit of a (slang for women's genitals) if he fails to be fit for the match.

http://nevercaptainnickybutt.blogspot.com/2009/04/gerrards-groin-just-needs-some-rice.html

Can someone pls tell me what is going on with Gerrards groin, (no I don't want to know TOO much), and if he is going to be out for 2 months?

And what is up with A Cole? I am missing him in my defence.

Gerrard is suffering from a bit of groin pain and his injury status prior to this weekend's crucial Premier League home match with Blackburn is up in the air.

For Gerrard's sake, I hope the Liverpool medical staff have heard of the "RICE" treatment plan. Rest, ice, compression, and elevation usually fix my groin pulls (and I've had many a groin pull, both football and non-football related) within 48 hours.

If the injury is more serious than that, perhaps he can just receive a pain-killing cortisone injection and take the field with the rest of his colleagues at Anfield on Saturday. Otherwise, you have to think he is a bit of a (slang for women's genitals) if he fails to be fit for the match.

http://nevercaptainnickybutt.blogspot.com/2009/04/gerrards-groin-just-needs-some-rice.html

Cheers for this. I have been wanting to transfer Fab into my squad for a while now so if Gerrard is out for 2 months it seems the right time.