What to do in Hanoi?

idar73

Should Idar go to Halong bay or just stay in Hanoi?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Should Idar go to Halong bay or just stay in Hanoi?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care!

Speaking of Ladyboys. I think I saw one (or 3) at Kabul International Airport.

I walked out of the Domestic terminal yesterday. I was standing there. I was looking down at my phone trying to figure out why it wouldn't pick up Roshan Phone Carrier.

A person walks up and asks me a question. I was a bit surprised because I thought it was an Afghan female voice. When I looked up. Standing in front of me were three extremely effeminate looking Afghan guys. Probably in their early 20s. I swear the only that did not look and seem female was their faces. And even their faces had a femme look about them (and there was the faintest hint of make up. Rouge and eyeliner to be precise) So I gave them directions and walked on out to find my ride to base.

It was like being approached by an Afghan version of the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy crew.

Very much overt, they were. Brave. Because in Afghanistan it can get ya killed.

Back to Hanoi. I never had a problem crossing the streets there. Then again, I cross traffic in the middle of Sukhumvit Rd all the time too.

Cuc Phuong National Park (full day)

Halong Bay (full day, overnight aborad or at Cat Ba island)

Hoa Binh (full day)

Kenh Ga & Hoa Lu (full day)

Perfume Pagoda (full day)

Tam Coc (full Day)

Thay and Tay Phuong Pagoda (half day)

City tour - the Temple of Literature, the Ho Chi Minh Memorial Complex, and the Museum of Enthnology, the Old Quarter and see the Water Puppet Show in the evening and have dinner at Little Hanoi restaurant (so good).

You can buy these tours at your hotel except city tour that you can do it yourself.

wow

Cuc Phuong National Park (full day)

Halong Bay (full day, overnight aborad or at Cat Ba island)

Hoa Binh (full day)

Kenh Ga & Hoa Lu (full day)

Perfume Pagoda (full day)

Tam Coc (full Day)

Thay and Tay Phuong Pagoda (half day)

City tour - the Temple of Literature, the Ho Chi Minh Memorial Complex, and the Museum of Enthnology, the Old Quarter and see the Water Puppet Show in the evening and have dinner at Little Hanoi restaurant (so good).

You can buy these tours at your hotel except city tour that you can do it yourself.

wow

Yes, wow! This makes it 8 days minimum.