TF Photo Competition *August*

Hobbes

The topic for this months photo competition as chosen by last months winner Alvish is:

"Colours"

Please send your entries by 23/08/2009 to photo.comp@ hotmail.co.uk (remember to remove the space between @ and hotmail if copy and pasting).

Please be sure to read the rules before entering the competition. The rules for the competition can be found here.

Make sure you include all the information required in your email.

You can send a photo you have already or go out and shoot something specific for this topic...it's up to you.

Please, just don't use any photos you have previously posted here because the entries in the voting thread will be anonymous.

Although it is a competition it is supposed to be sanook. Do not be shy entering just because we have some resident photographers that could well contribute to the National Geographic. If you enjoy photography join in whatever your equipment (I don't have a digital SLR either...yet) or your level is.

We can all learn from the discussions we will have about the entries and hopefully improve our techniques and style.

Feel free to give the thread an occasional bump to remind people.

Thanks and good luck to everybody....and now go out there and go wild with all the colours!

8)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and off to this in 2 weeks; Colours and Streetrave presents

EH1flyer.jpg

that is one motherf**kin old skool line up

hoorah for colours...

Couple of my mates are off to that. I would be too if i wasnt off to Amsterdam for the England game next week.

ooh tough choice - really fantastic line up with some absolute classic names

or England.

:lol:

(tell em I'll be the one with the press pass and the glowsticks going mental to 808, Altern 8 and Orbital)

:wink:

EH1flyer.jpg

hoorah for colours...

Couple of my mates are off to that. I would be too if i wasnt off to Amsterdam for the England game next week.

or England.

(tell em I'll be the one with the press pass and the glowsticks going mental to 808, Altern 8 and Orbital)

'Going mental'? How would that differ from your everyday state-of-mind?! :wink:

:twisted:

EH1flyer.jpg

hoorah for colours...

or England.

'Going mental'? How would that differ from your everyday state-of-mind?! :wink:

:twisted:

Oh my TF persona is the calm side...

give me some soaring 303s, a couple of glowsticks and enough red bull to sink a battleship (with added vodka of course) and I'm like an epileptic on crystal meth.

sweet your favorite colors must be the pencils that are the shortest I take it

:?

which particular scientific theory led you to that deduction Sherlock?

hey im a yank...if i'm not mistaken wasn't he a brit :twisted:

wtf does his nationality have to do with it?? :lol::lol:

wasn't sherlock holmes british? :P:P :? :lol:

well yes, but still, wtf does that have to do with the question??

:roll:

nevermind Iain :lol::lol::lol:

realhomer.jpg

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

and anyway Mycroft was cleverer!!

And Holmes was based on a Scottish lecturer, Joseph Bell, who was one of the pioneers of forensic science.

:D

realhomer.jpg

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

and anyway Mycroft was cleverer!!

And Holmes was based on a Scottish lecturer, Joseph Bell, who was one of the pioneers of forensic science.

:D

thank you my dear watson :P:P

sorry you didn't get the yoke...

question: would you go up to a yank and say wow that was so winston churchill of you..he might even say like who is that..of course he was one of the greatest minds of our time..I obviously know who sherlock holmes was but do you get my point :wink:

or I could say Im_a_ that was so george washington of you...

we do use the term in the US no sh*t sherlock so I knew what you meant.....just messing :wink:

sorry mate - bit slow tonight...

:lol::lol:

Let's not go down the Winston route though; he was a bit of a bastard after all...

wow IM_A_shocked

that you are not an churchill fan IM_A_Biotch

I've read that Patton was a crusty old too

why shocked?

Churchill was a careerist, an opportunist and a racist.

He shoulders much of the blame for Iraq being the mess it is today, not to mention some responsibility for the stock market crashes of 1929. He was an avid admirer of Mussolini and in 1935 said that he hoped Hitler 'if he so chose, and despite his rise to power through dictatorial action, hatred, and cruelty, he might yet "go down in history as the man who restored honour and peace of mind to the great Germanic nation and brought it back serene, helpful and strong, to the forefront of the European family circle'

He strongly opposed Indian independence and said "It is alarming and also nauseating to see Mr Gandhi, a seditious Middle-Temple lawyer, now posing as a fakir of a type well-known in the East, striding half-naked up the steps of the Vice-regal palace?to parley on equal terms with the representative of the King-Emperor."

There were also the 750,000 German civilians killed by the illegal starvation blockade of WWI, something Churchill was instrumental in establishing, and he advocated both the use of chemical weapons against the Kurds decades before Sadaam and also the idea of bombing German cities with anthrax bombs.

He is painted as a hero, as one of Britain's 'great men' when in reality he was nothing more than a rabid racist.

:)

sorry mate - bit slow tonight...

:lol::lol:

Let's not go down the Winston route though; he was a bit of a bastard after all...

wow IM_A_shocked

that you are not an churchill fan IM_A_Biotch

I've read that Patton was a crusty old too

why shocked?

Churchill was a careerist, an opportunist and a racist.

He shoulders much of the blame for Iraq being the mess it is today, not to mention some responsibility for the stock market crashes of 1929. He was an avid admirer of Mussolini and in 1935 said that he hoped Hitler 'if he so chose, and despite his rise to power through dictatorial action, hatred, and cruelty, he might yet "go down in history as the man who restored honour and peace of mind to the great Germanic nation and brought it back serene, helpful and strong, to the forefront of the European family circle'

He strongly opposed Indian independence and said "It is alarming and also nauseating to see Mr Gandhi, a seditious Middle-Temple lawyer, now posing as a fakir of a type well-known in the East, striding half-naked up the steps of the Vice-regal palace?to parley on equal terms with the representative of the King-Emperor."

There were also the 750,000 German civilians killed by the illegal starvation blockade of WWI, something Churchill was instrumental in establishing, and he advocated both the use of chemical weapons against the Kurds decades before Sadaam and also the idea of bombing German cities with anthrax bombs.

He is painted as a hero, as one of Britain's 'great men' when in reality he was nothing more than a rabid racist.

:)

Oh MY

- hey think IM_a just ripped someone a new one don't forget to mention all the germans that were killed in the german subways by incenerator bombs something that happend but which I never read in a history book in school :lol: