olympos

Semenya is a:  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Semenya is a:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just looked at the poll results and after a whopping 25 votes, the consensus is that she is male according to voting TF members. mmmmmm.

she says she is a female. thats good enough for me. all these tests and crap are necessary but the media storm is disgusting and shameful. its a weird world we live in.

I just looked at the poll results and after a whopping 25 votes, the consensus is that she is male according to voting TF members. mmmmmm.

she says she is a female. thats good enough for me. all these tests and crap are necessary but the media storm is disgusting and shameful. its a weird world we live in.

+1

(Since when TF polls ever speak the volume? Never.)

yes, it can be complicated. but anyone who believes it is simple should watch "Boys Don't Cry" for some amazing Hillary Swank acting and a lesson on how this plays out in the human condition.

it can be complicated and so tests completed by doctors is the only way to conclusively determine gender in the case of a professional athlete, where it is contested.

I'm also one who disagrees with all these bullsh*t tests.

The ultimate test would be whether or not she pees standing up or sitting down.

So f*cken simple, why do some people want to complicate things

:roll:

Haha, if that was your sex test then there would be many men in the middle east, north africa and parts of western africa who would compete as women seeing as many squat to piss.

Haha, if that was your sex test then there would be many men in the middle east, north africa and parts of western africa who would compete as women seeing as many squat to piss.

Ok, more simply does the athlete in question have a penis ???

i can understand from a competition point of view why her sex has to be determined, but i agree it's a disgrace they way an 18 year old kid has been treated. if she is a hermaphrodite i'm sure she has enough worries/issues to deal with and doesn't need to see her face/name plastered everywhere. this should have been handled a lot more sensitively/discreetly, but then again that wouldn't create the same headlines or buzz !!!

however, one would also have to say that the SA sporting authorities should have been aware of this long before now !!!!

erm... that would require one of those "bullshit tests".

Getting someone to strip down naked isn't a bullsh*t test, takes only a minute :P

If you see a willy dangling about, then take the gold medal back.

Getting someone to strip down naked isn't a bullsh*t test, takes only a minute :P

And if it is a woman with a big dangling clitoris do you return the gold medal after you realise the error of your 1 minute test? :lol:

And if it is a woman with a big dangling clitoris do you return the gold medal after you realise the error of your 1 minute test? :lol:

Simple question, but does the athlete have a penis ??? If it's a big dangling clitoris, she keeps the medal :roll:

And take it back again after inspecting the photos and noticing the surgery scars, which are normal for hermaphrodites? And just what is the ruling for them anyway?

How's "simple" working for out you Phil? ;-)

So if Arnie had competed as a female body builder we should say "leave the poor girl alone!"? :eh:

Not jus the foolish media stalking her.. even TF forum wont leave the muscling gal alone.

sigh

awe stop it NEO -- we all know that arnold is a girly man -- cause like SNL says he wants to pump you up..lol

just kidding, but -- heres a serious article I came across on aol today about caster

Aol article....

Interesting confession today by the Head of South Africa Athletics Assoc (or whateve they are called). He admitted to lying to the press. It seems that Semenya had undergone a gender test conducted by the SA medical staff prior to the World Games but the results of the test had not been finalised before the Games.

South Africa's government has demanded that athletics chief Leonard Chuene be sacked after he admitted lying about runner Caster Semenya's gender tests.

Chuene had previously denied knowing that tests were carried out on the runner in South Africa before her 800m world title win in August. He then expressed outrage when governing body the IAAF ordered its own tests after the Berlin championships.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/athletics/8265223.stm

So not only did he lie when expressing false outrage that the IAAF wanted to confuct a test but he and others sought to characterise the tests as having a racist element.

Poor Semenya, s/he has had her/his personal details dragged around in front of the worlds press and been forced to endure a situation which should never have occured in the first place had the SA authorities done their job (a point that Ciaran posted above.)

Interesting confession today by the Head of South Africa Athletics Assoc (or whateve they are called). He admitted to lying to the press. It seems that Semenya had undergone a gender test conducted by the SA medical staff prior to the World Games but the results of the test had not been finalised before the Games.
South Africa's government has demanded that athletics chief Leonard Chuene be sacked after he admitted lying about runner Caster Semenya's gender tests.

Chuene had previously denied knowing that tests were carried out on the runner in South Africa before her 800m world title win in August. He then expressed outrage when governing body the IAAF ordered its own tests after the Berlin championships.

So not only did he lie when expressing false outrage that the IAAF wanted to confuct a test but he and others sought to characterise the tests as having a racist element.

Poor Semenya, s/he has had her/his personal details dragged around in front of the worlds press and been forced to endure a situation which should never have occured in the first place had the SA authorities done their job (a point that Ciaran posted above.)

that guy Chuene is a lying scumbag .... he should be out on his sorry ass !!!

that guy Chuene is a lying scumbag .... he should be out on his sorry a*s !!!

The more I read about this sorry saga the more I worry for his/her mental and emotional health. The poor thing has been masde into some cause celebre after most likely being pushed by SA athletic authorities to compete at the Worlds.

From the little I understand the condition s/he has requires some intensive psychological support. Let alone when you have been thrust upn the world stage!

• 9 months later...