olympos

Semenya is a:  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Semenya is a:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caster Semenya easily won the 800-meter gold medal at the world championships Wednesday, her dominating run coming on the same day the IAAF said she was undergoing a gender test.

Semenya took the lead at the halfway mark and opened a commanding lead in the last 400 meters to win by a massive 2.45 seconds in a world-leading 1 minute, 55.45 seconds.

According to wikipedia:

World Record for men: Wilson Kipketer 1:41.11 Cologne 24 August 1997

World Record for women: Jarmila Kratochvilova 1:53.28 Munich 26 July 1983

World Junior Record (19 and under) for men: Abubaker Kaki Khamis 1:42.69 Oslo 6 June 2008

World Junior Record (19 and under) for women: Pamela Jelimo 1:54.01 Zurich 29 August 2008

Semenya is 18 years old.

I've posted his/her today's times and the world records, here is another case, but kinda same subject:

Stella Walsh was a Polish athlete who became an Olympic champion by competing among women, even though it was later learned that Walasiewicz had ambiguous genitalia and could not easily be identified as either biologically male or female.

Walsh was a bystander in an armed robbery in Cleveland, Ohio on 4 December 1980, and was killed at the age of 69. An autopsy showed that she possessed male genitalia, although some sources suggest she also displayed some female characteristics! :shock:

quote: austin powers - thats a man baaaaaaaaby

but seriously - what if she's both by human nature?..shouldn't she have the right to choose which one she would like to be categorized or labeled as by the Olympic committe...track performance or otherwise...why should one superceed one over the other? if you don't understand where im coming from with this below is wiki's definition of hermaphrodite...if she is this, this would be a natural human occurance something this human being was born with..

just my 2 bahts.........of course if its none of the above and they are just scamming...

----------> all of the above...well never mind then :oops:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermaphrodite

yahoo news article

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090820/sp_wl_afp/athleticsworld800wrsasemenya_20090820084907

dude - and we should all be like star ship troopers and drop this whole gender sh*t and shower together

if you were on the olympic committe how would you handle it then? huh..

and yes I would love to shower with females I think that would be really fun

and with as many as possible please....

ok back on topic..

it's no problem I kind knew no one would get where I was going with my last point. we all tend to think on terms of how we are wired to think.

so I will rephrase it a bit my point is still the same but this is a continuation my last post. I also suggest you read the yahoo article supplied. apparently she has been competing in soccer with guys as a youth and has had this stigmata with her since a kid. looking like a dude.

my point was if the young lady athelete is a hermophadite. why is it automatically assumed in society that she should race as a male and not a female her condition is not forced or artificially created such as steriods or drug enhancements therefore her condition is of natural human selection. if she is a hermophadite..

I do however feel it would be unfair to ban her or disqualify her from racing altogether she is only being what god gave her not what she has created.

so if she is in fact a hermophadite her case is completly unique. shouldn't she have a choice and not someone choose for her because of societal norms that because us males are the stronger gender that this is who she should compete against and officially catorgorize herself as. what if she is more female than male and how would this be determined?

so my question is why wouldn't she have the choice to choose what gender as it has been put or labeled to represent when she races in track meets.

no one is suggesting a natural born female or natural born male should compete against each other that obviously would be completly unfair.

if you like to re-read my last post please do so. so I am not misread.

just my 2 bahts worth....may the thread continue to sew.. carry on..... :wink:

I used to believe that Transgendered people had no place in world sport.

Until this person came along.

transition_461.jpg

Too bad she does not do it anymore...

May be we should create our own sports.

Wow! Thanks a lot for your contribution Tonia. Thats very true, unfortunately the "Transletics" are not invented yet.... So if you are a male you have to start as a man - if you are a female you go start as a woman, and they do not let a man win the athletics as a woman.... However, these are the rules... and of course if you are anything else you can have an optional shower with digitalcat :lol:

Any else guesses??? Semenya is a ??? According to the news, the official result of the athletics committee we will know in about a week or two...

no one is suggesting a natural born female or natural born male should compete against each other that obviously would be completly unfair.

Another "thanks" for providing his thoughts about hermophadite goes to GoodKarma! But still you can't start as a hermophadite at any olympics or athletics.

Beside the two main categories man or woman, only age has been categorized...

The discussion about is really interesting and worth to continue, but please have a look at her/his photos at posting # 1 as well and let us know your opinion:

Semenya is a ??? :wink:

Another "thanks" for providing his thoughts about hermophadite goes to GoodKarma! But still you can't start as a hermophadite at any olympics or athletics.

Beside the two main categories man or woman, only age has been categorized...

The discussion about is really interesting and worth to continue, but please have a look at her/his photos at posting # 1 as well and let us know your opinion:

Semenya is a ??? :wink:

its a very good thread...dude...yer welcome..hey, olympos...if you don't mind don't forget to post the results......of the vote and of the olympic test results... :P

later,

I read it on Phnom Penh Post today...

What if she a WOMAN!

Are those judge is a bunch of old skinny bald head or hairy fatso?!

They are Just Jealous to see a once bloody high-quality Woman on the sport world.

Ok, she?s athletic... but that should explain perfectly clear on Iain_D?s personal adds Mean no ****. That doesn?t mean she?s not W-0-M-A-N. I?m athletic too.

Or she a Man had born in woman?s body.

yep, TO SAVE WATER?s bill women and men should drop the gender and shower together. :winky:

If he is a man, well it's called a scammer then??? :?

If he is a man, well Come to my Room :winky:

Err..what is/are the benefits to have a (world class) runner in your room ? :roll:

btw.. pls excuse me if inrupt your private romance discussion.

kus don't bother them two luv birds...

I'm listening please continue what u were saying.... :lol: