• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps it is just human programming, but I do somehow regret not having kids.

Living a life of self indulgence seems, in the end, rather pointless, since the prime reason for human existence (as with any life) is to procreate. But, as I say, this could be human programming making me feel this way.

I have heard many say how happy and content they are to never have kids. But I cannot see how it's possible to truly know this without actually having the experience of having kids. I cant see how anyone can really know the complete human living experience without this.

Each to their own though, and respect to all.

can you have a complete life without ever getting marry or having any child?

Is there such a thing as "complete" in life? But I agree with Hobbes, it's all about that social thing line.

There are more in life than marriage and have kids around. Simple things like you have time for yourself, being happy with what you do, once in awhile you do some good for others, or even having a good cup of coffee and you know that you have enough coffee to share with your family and friends, then life can be just fine.

of course. to me, having a complete life mean i can be happy with myself on my own. no desire to get married nor have any child. :winky:

what if our parent have the same value... :roll:

They didn't.... Moot point.

Let's see..... married? Legal contract to spend the rest of my life with the same person, split my money and committed to have sex with her no matter how old and disgusting we both become.

And kids?..... A moral contract to spend the rest of my life worrying about them... someone else I'm responsible for - legally, financially, morally.

Smell of puke and **** all over the house, waking up in the early morning for wet beds and nightmares? See? What kind of kid deserves a Dad like that? 8-)

I have more than enough problems as it is.

Why on earth would I invite whole bunch of new ones?

I have another question....

Is having children a 'right'?

Should everyone be allowed to breed?

I mean, you need a license to keep a dog... but any ******* retard can have a kid!

What's wrong with testing people first? Make them attend parenting classes. Check their financial security and parenting skills.

Why do we teach kids how electricity makes a frog twitch, but we don't teach 'em how to feed a baby, change a nappy, choose a mortgage or understand basic insurance?

I'd like to see a system whereby people have to APPLY to have children... show they will be fit and proper parents. Bringing kids into a stable, happy and financially secure household instead of some Welfare-funded, crack-den council flat in a Glaswegian slum!

Hmmm...

The point of life is to procreate. Like it or not, that's really the final point of it all.

Life without kids? I sure couldn't do it. Life without marriage? Too late.

If for some reason my wife and I couldn't have kids, I would adopt kids. They can really be a pain (and smelly), but the rewards far outweigh the smelly diapers, 2 hour sleep intervals, and 6 AM breakfasts*.

*IMO

:lol:

of course. to me, having a complete life mean i can be happy with myself on my own. no desire to get married nor have any child. :winky:

+ 1 :wink:

you told me that i am the father...

my father, you mean?!

:shock:

nothing like the feeling to look over at your kid and see the spitting image of you sitting right before your very eyes they were created by your DNA a part of you etc. at least this is what I have heard from my older buddies. some day I would like to find a good girl and experience this. without no doubt.. this and also climbing mount everest...