Working for??

Admin_2

Work for who?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Work for who?

Would you prefer to work for yourself or to work for someone else?

There are a lot of great things about working for a good company. You have a set and hopefully secure job, your work hours don't change too often, and you basically know what you'll get paid at the end of the month.

It's also nice to work for yourself. You can set your own hours, set the direction of the company, and if you are successful, the rewards are a lot higher and greater in many ways.

What are you doing now, and do you wish you were on the other side?

For me personally, I much prefer working for myself. I'll explain that a bit more later, but what do YOU think?

i'm now working for a company... because of its security and welfare

somehow if i could, i want to work for myself too... at least i can choose to work for what i love (but now i have to love what i work)

well, this moment, i prefer thinking... working for a company is my hobby

:wink:

Ive spent about half my 30 year working life in big international companies, and the rest working for myself.

I think working for a company teaches many things.. discipline, systems, teamwork, management, etc etc

But nothing compares to working for myself, especially because I like to make 'visions' that I have (many) come true... real. I love to create and make things and always have.

I've had some great successes working for myself, and I've also had great failures too. But, never have I felt more 'alive' than during these times.

I started working for myself 1 year ago.

I used to work for a major agency and made a really great wage.

There was a point in my life when someone inspired me. It changed my life, I quit my job and went on my own path.

When I quit my boss asked me to work for his personal company because he liked the quality of work that I do.

When i got to Thailand I was offered to start a business here with a partner, I am still contemplating that.

The biggest hurdle I have yet to overcome is trusting people that I work with or for me and customer service.

I absolutely suck at that. Got a long way to go.

:)

There was a point in my life when someone inspired me. It changed my life, I quit my job and went on my own path.

When I quit my boss asked me to work for his personal company because he liked the quality of work that I do.

When i got to Thailand I was offered to start a business here with a partner, I am still contemplating that.

The biggest hurdle I have yet to overcome is trusting people that I work with or for me and customer service.I absolutely suck at that. Got a long way to go.

and you still wanna hire me?!?! :shock:

The biggest hurdle I have yet to overcome is trusting people that I work with or for me and customer service.I absolutely suck at that. Got a long way to go.

you work too hard and you are too ambitious to be an idiot

and you'd be better off talking to ppl than I am.

you work too hard and you are too ambitious to be an idiot

Being an idiot and being passionate about what I do are different stories mate. I work hard as I love my job, my subordinates, my boss and everything around it. THAT is why I do what I do now, including sleeping for two hours each day, I'll fuckin do it, man!!

Of course, I'll go out there and run my own thing one day, but before that, I wanna show others, no matter how young they think I am, I can run 12 stores, fine and no worries. It just happens to fulfill myself, thats all :wink:

I work for the Government.

The pay and benefits are far better than the private or charity sectors for my work, job security is a lot better, and promotions are more often advertised internally first.

I can choose whether to progress to management within 6 years with one employer, or to take some time out, apply for funding, and spend a couple of years doing research, a choice which in turn opens other options.

Another choice is to gain a particular postgrad and go into private practice, dealing with more affluent clients and bringing in around 150 GBP for one hour sessions.

Alternatively, I may buy a boat and lie on the deck sipping beer!!

The pay and benefits are far better than the private or charity sectors for my work, job security is a lot better, and promotions are more often advertised internally first.

I can choose whether to progress to management within 6 years with one employer, or to take some time out, apply for funding, and spend a couple of years doing research, a choice which in turn opens other options.

Another choice is to gain a particular postgrad and go into private practice, dealing with more affluent clients and bringing in around 150 GBP for one hour sessions.

Everyone in the world work for the government one way or another.

Currently working for a company. Though it is for my own benefit since I am a trainee.

But I'm prob gonna do that for some years still. Getting experience before I know what I want and how I want it.

Working for yourself is not only the time you put into it, but also how much time you have prepared and how much money you can invest.

By working for a company I am putting time into experience and the paycheck can become a good basis for investment...

SELL OUT!!! Working for DA MAN!

Also please change your pic it creeps me the %^&* out. :)

here are some misunderstands.

Working for yourself often means LESS freedom.

If you only look at work as money and income, get a salary job.

Working for yourself often means working for no direct income. Usually time is spent like this as a rule of thumb -

1/3 time getting business (growth and new opportunities)

1/3 time taking care and managing the business (maintainence and client nurturing)

1/3 time doing business (income)