Sleeping PILL...

AAAum

sleeping-pill junkies are around me...

i have known long time some people take it regularly... but now i found many people take it for their routine...

i think they all know that "Sleeping pills generally make function WORSE the next day"... BUT "today"... they agree to take it...

i have never had any sleeping problem at all, but yesterday i tried a sleeping pill (just my little experiment) and i found that i got some good and quality rest... i feel so fresh this morning...

for the 1st time use, i like it... for 2nd time? i'm not sure i would...

how about you? do you have any sleeping problem? do you take sleeping pills regularly? if so, why? and have you ever thought to stop it?

:?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure, Sweetie. But sleeping pill isn't something that anyone should just "try" it without diagnosis from a doctor.

I used sleeping pill when I was 20 something. I got it from a pharmacy in BKK. And that was a mistake, I shouldn't self diagnosis, as sleeping pill can be harmful. and I never used any sleeping again ever since.

It has always struck me as quite an anomaly how those addicted to illegal drugs are stigmatised by society and community while addiction to prescription drugs and over the counter drugs is viewed almost as normal.

Of course, many point to the crime aspect of illegal drug use, but not all illicit drug users resort to acquisitive crime to fund their habits.

There are probably around 1.5 million adults addicted to prescription drugs in the UK but a staggering 17% of the adult population abuse them.

It is too easy to become reliant on these medicines as a crutch; the sleeping pill that helps you to sleep, the painkiller that relieves back pain.

I am not sure how bad the problem is in Thailand, but given the amount of substances obtainable over the counter there, I would imagine it is quite bad and getting worse.

If you are having any sort of problem with an over the counter medicine, speak to your doctor, though in many cases (certainly here in the UK and in the US) it is overworked and under trained GP's who should shoulder some of the blame.

Am not sure what herbal/natural aids are available in Thailand, nor, should they not be available there, what restrictions there are for ordering them online, but the recommendations I would make for sleeping problems are Valerian, Melatonin (brilliant for jet lag also) and Kava (though recently there have been some concerns raised regarding possible liver damage from kava).

Another obvious one is to reduce caffeine intake, especially after 2pm.

Or even some relaxation techniques such as visualisation, meditation or tai chi can help relax the mind and aid sleep.

postscript - you will be able to get Valerian in Thailand as it grows in the North!! Probably find it as a tea version.

some info. about sleepingpill from the internet

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/understanding-the-side-effects-of-sleeping-pills

Are there more complex sleeping pill side effects?

Some sleeping pills have potentially harmful side effects, including parasomnias. Parasomnias are behaviors and actions over which you have no control. During a parasomnia, you are asleep and unaware of what is happening.

Parasomnias with sleeping pills are complex sleep behaviors and may include sleep eating, making phone calls, or having sex while in a sleep state. Sleep driving, which is driving while not fully awake, is another serious sleeping pill side effect. Though rare, parasomnias are difficult to detect once the medication takes effect.

I LOVE SLEEPING PILLS!

Luckily I only Jazz one down now and again, maybe once every two weeks when I REALLY need to get some sleep or I'll die....... as well as for flying, I can't sleep without them no matter how much I drink.

If you start smashing one or two a day every day, you'll be f**ked!

some info. about sleepingpill from the internet

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/understanding-the-side-effects-of-sleeping-pills

Are there more complex sleeping pill side effects?

Some sleeping pills have potentially harmful side effects, including parasomnias. Parasomnias are behaviors and actions over which you have no control. During a parasomnia, you are asleep and unaware of what is happening.

Parasomnias with sleeping pills are complex sleep behaviors and may include sleep eating, making phone calls, or having sex while in a sleep state. Sleep driving, which is driving while not fully awake, is another serious sleeping pill side effect. Though rare, parasomnias are difficult to detect once the medication takes effect.

the effects sound quite appealing

perhaps another side effect is posting insane on TF, Nicky.

I am a bipolar woman, which mean i can reach to happiness and stress quicker than some people. when i stressed it cause me sleepless and Aphthous ulcer. so i need sleep pill once in awhile for my deep sleeping but the pill is under doctor prescription. i do not addicted......just for physical cure... :(

i was / still am (but less than b4) a hardcore insomniac.

the pills stopped working about when i was 17... i tried all sorts of things but nothing really works in the long run besides finding the root cause of your insomnia.

My last option is Valium that I carefully save for about 2x a year because I develop rapid immunity to it and it makes me a zombie.

the best you can do is stay away from pills and try to deal with the issues that are keeping you awake

how about you? do you have any sleeping problem? do you take sleeping pills regularly? if so, why? and have you ever thought to stop it?

:?

I never taken sleeping pill, I dont have sleeping problem but waking up problem ( addicted to my own bed :lol: )

Just couple glasses of (alcohol) drinks work well for me as the sleeping fluid.

:D

I tend to have a very hard time sleeping as I have a nocturnal (night time) sleep pattern, that is my body wants to be awake at night and sleep during the day. which can be a problem as I work during the day. Usually I'll be tired for a few days and then fall asleep easily around midnight. However tonight I've just taken 100 mg of Diphenhydramine which is the active ingredient in Benadryl as I haven't slept right in about 4 days and I have to be fairly clear minded for my job. I get it over the counter (IE I don't need a prescription for it) at the pharmacy in the hospital that I work at and it puts me to sleep fairly quickly, I sleep deeply but can wake up if I have to, and I don't feel any kind of a hang over like I would with most other "over the counter" sleep aids.

I'd say I'm very lucky cause i can sleep easily, the only condition is the room needs to be dark. However, I've tried the sleeping pills. Since my body is qutie sensitive to alcohol, caffeine and medicine, normally, the anti-motion sickness pill works with me quite well, every time i get on the plane, i take one and slept for one hour or more. I tried Valium once, 1/4 of the pill, for the night bus from Chiang Mai to BKK. I like it cause it made me pass the torturing time in the bus... Will i take it again? Nah, i dont think so...

xoxo

B.

10mg Valium once a week for the most delicious and restful night of sleep. The effects usually go into the second night as well. When I wake up my mind is always organized and productive.... Never groggy!

Valium is NOT a sleeping pill. It is an anti-stress pill. Best to take it when your mind is racing with so many things to do that you can't relax your brain.

Vlad.. do not take with dairy products. Bonding with calcium will dampen the effects.

10mg Valium once a week for the most delicious and restful night of sleep. The effects usually go into the second night as well. When I wake up my mind is always organized and productive.... Never groggy!

Valium is NOT a sleeping pill. It is an anti-stress pill. Best to take it when your mind is racing with so many things to do that you can't relax your brain.

Vlad.. do not take with dairy products. Bonding with calcium will dampen the effects.

better still, do not use at all.

Valium/diazepam is a benzodiazapene.

It is often used by addicts when there is a shortage of heroin and is also a popular dual use drug for heroin users.

It IS prescribed as a sedative as well as an anti anxiety drug and is also used in alcohol and (bizarrely) benzo withdrawal.

Regular use can lead to depression, impaired motor and cognitive skills and some cardiac problems.

In a few cases it can actually lead to increased anxiety as well as increases in self harming and suicidal thoughts.

stick to the natural solutions.

:)

this explains a few things.

benzodiazipines are great but that's precisely why they are controlled substances.