TF Photo Competition *September*

Hobbes

The topic for this months photo competition as chosen by last months winner si6 is:

"Alone"

Please send your entries by 27/09/2009 to photo.comp@ hotmail.co.uk (remember to remove the space between @ and hotmail if copy and pasting).

Please be sure to read the rules before entering the competition. The rules for the competition can be found here.

Make sure you include all the information required in your email.

You can send a photo you have already or go out and shoot something specific for this topic...it's up to you.

Please, just don't use any photos you have previously posted here because the entries in the voting thread will be anonymous.

Although it is a competition it is supposed to be sanook. Do not be shy entering just because we have some resident photographers that could well contribute to the National Geographic. If you enjoy photography join in whatever your equipment (I don't have a digital SLR either...yet) or your level is.

We can all learn from the discussions we will have about the entries and hopefully improve our techniques and style.

Feel free to give the thread an occasional bump to remind people.

Thanks and good luck to everybody....and now go out there and get depressed all alone!

8)

Thanks all... I hope the new theme can generate some interest so i kept it subjective and pretty wide open. Most of you are single so just take a snap in the mirror with a sad pose and post it.

:twisted:

Reference to digicams, i've had 2 winners taken by a point and shoot, Today's non-slr digicams are pretty awesome and can put some DLSR's with a kit lens to shame. There are lots of people out there with snazzy cams and serious lenses, but if you have no understanding of light, composition, aperture and shutter they're pretty useless.

but if you have no understanding of light, composition, aperture and shutter they're pretty useless.

say what the f**k is that all about !!!

Tailor made for you Ciaran...

Rules of Thirds: important compositional elements should be placed along these lines or their intersections..

web.jpg?ver=12527339170001

aligning a subject with these points creates more tension, energy and interest.

Helpful?

but if you have no understanding of light, composition, aperture and shutter they're pretty useless.

Rules of Thirds: important compositional elements should be placed along these lines or their intersections..

Helpful?

very helpful .... but why did u not just send me it by PM then i could have used it for this month's competition ???

any pretty TF female members interested in modelling a similar pose to help me win this months competition !!!!

champagne will be replaced by bottle of beer !!!!

Helpful?

very helpful .... but why did u not just send me it by PM then i could have used it for this month's competition ???

any pretty TF female members interested in modelling a similar pose to help me win this months competition !!!!

'Being the leftovers from the night before, mixed together in whatver empty I can find'

Helpful?

'Being the leftovers from the night before, mixed together in whatver empty I can find'

strangely enough my inbox isn't exactly overflowing at present !!! :( :?

Helpful?

Come to Lumphini Park tomorrow and ask smskun to volunteer. :twisted:

Helpful?

he didnt show up :(

Helpful?

he didnt show up :(

His loss then I guess. :wink: