Book/Reading Club

CiaranM

ok guys and gals ... gonna post an event for next wednesday 11th november.

hope to see u there !!!

i like bug and bee .. but where's next?

dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if u can't even read this page what's the chances of u ever finishing a book !!! :roll: :roll:

ja ja.. not finished either one

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably won't be able to attend the next meeting, not even in Thai-style lateness because I have to go away for a week or so, sorting my next visa out and taking a much needed break from Bangkok. Man, I have become an irritable, misogynistic f**ker these past few weeks. :P :roll:

:twisted:

One of the funiest books I have read is called A Year In The Merde by Stephen Clarke.

It made me laugh out loud a few times. Sorry to those sitting me near me on the train when I did, the second book is just as good called Merde Actually.

It's an awesome series of books, coincidentally I actually e-mailed the author yesterday to find out when his next book is out.

hi

and thanks for that. i am currently finishing up a new book which is due out (in the uk at least) on march 18, called "1000 years of annoying the french".

hope you'll look out for it.

yes, thailand is crazy - i'd have to go and spend some time out there before writing about. i wonder if my publisher will subsidize the trip ...

best

Stephen Clarke

If anyone knows any other authors who write in similar style to Stephen Clarke i'd love to know. It's very funny and interesting books

and she's now got a new book out !! :)

Her Fearful Symmetry

Definitely gonna get that one !

call me wimp, but her last book really made me weepie :cry:

don't buy it .... nowhere near as good as "the time travellers wife" !!!

u can borrow my copy at next book club meeting .... if we can get enough of these lazy buggers away from their TVs and computers for an evening !!!

There is the great annual booksale at Kinokuniya at Paragon with a thousand or so books on until the end of the month.

Lots of mainly non-fiction titles ranging from technical books on electronics and medicine to political hardcovers, eg. Woodward's Bush book, to travel to japanese manga books. Most are going for half price.

I even managed to find an obscure geneology of modern torture book that I have been wanting to buy for work. :)

One of the funiest books I have read is called A Year In The Merde by Stephen Clarke.

It made me laugh out loud a few times. Sorry to those sitting me near me on the train when I did, the second book is just as good called Merde Actually.

Seconded. Some of the funniest stuff I've read and I too got plenty of stares for laughing out loud uncontrollably in public. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BUMP !!!!!!!!

ok boys and girls ... 7pm wednesday 11th november at elefin coffee shop !!!!

and Hobbes being a moody bugger is NO excuse for not attending !!

Does being out of the country constitute an acceptable excuse??? :? :o

:P

invading small east european countries is NOT an acceptable excuse, unless it is accommpanied by a note from ur Mum .... and NO trying to forge her handwriting like last time !!!

well is anybody interested in another book club meeting ?? if so what day suits ppl best ??

i reckon we need a minimum of 6-8 ppl to make it worthwhile !!

BUMP !!!!!!!!

ok boys and girls ... 7pm wednesday 11th november at elefin coffee shop !!!!

and Hobbes being a moody bugger is NO excuse for not attending !!

Does being out of the country constitute an acceptable excuse??? :? :o

:P

invading small east european countries is NOT an acceptable excuse, unless it is accommpanied by a note from ur Mum .... and NO trying to forge her handwriting like last time !!!

well is anybody interested in another book club meeting ?? if so what day suits ppl best ??

i reckon we need a minimum of 6-8 ppl to make it worthwhile !!

I bet your Irish country men wished they had some hands-on experience like we have in invading garlic-smelling Western neighbours...

...and they'd probably would pursue collecting severed hands like the Belgians did in the Congo as a a favourite past time.

:twisted: