Help for registering SIM card

khun_lung

As most of you know, a new law is taking affect whereby all Thailand mobile phone users must register their SIM cards with their provider (AIS, DTAC, Orange, Hutch). Users must provide a Thai I.D. card or passport. The law was scheduled to take affect January 1st, although my service (AIS) is still working.

QUESTION: Where can we do this???

An atricle in "The Nation" online suggested MBK but without mentioning any particular shops. Have any of you done this and where did you get it done?

By the way I went to Shinawatra Tower today with the intention of getting it done but oh no, they said it could be done only at Shinawatra II Tower!!!

no need to worry . . . .for now . . .been postponed, but then again, can always be re-opened.

I almost registered mine at my local Lotus, at the DTAC store inside behind the counters, but their computers weren't working that day, my gf registered hers on the AIS counter next door.

Easy enough to do there, but not sure if they will let you register now.

no need to worry . . . .for now . . .been postponed, but then again, can always be re-opened.

I almost registered mine at my local Lotus, at the DTAC store inside behind the counters, but their computers weren't working that day, my gf registered hers on the AIS counter next door.

Easy enough to do there, but not sure if they will let you register now.

I'm not close to any Lotus stores. And while you can find DTAC and Orange and Hutch shops in convenient locations, AIS, the snobby provider, has very few! Maybe I should go to Government House! Yes, you can still register, but not at Shinawatra Tower I.

alright i have the answer

u need to go to the office of the network company u are using

if u r using AIS now u need to go to AIS shop, each branch would stay at the big mall like MBK or Centra

if u r using Dtac or Orange u can go fo thier shop as welll

Respected Doctor, if AIS has a shop at MBK I've never seen or found it (though I agree they should have one there). And as I said, today I went to Shinawatra Tower I and they said sorry, you have to go to Shinawatra Tower II. Oh, and I've never seen an AIS shop at Central either! If you know more than I do, please tell me!!!

thought only for 5 provinces in south need to register???

well, of course u can register at ur network shop (big and full function branches tho')

guess if u use AIS, mike u live not far from Shinawatara tower 2 (err not sure 1 or 2) .. probably have AIS shop their tho'

and for DTAC and -Orange, there are centers at future park rangsit for 100%

i might suggest Central Ladproa for all net work,, and not too far like future park rangsit..

but the best advice is call ur network and ask for where exactly.....

I dont do mine yet, been told i dont need..

thought only for 5 provinces in south need to register???

well, of course u can register at ur network shop (big and full function branches tho')

guess if u use AIS, mike u live not far from Shinawatara tower 2 (err not sure 1 or 2) .. probably have AIS shop their tho'

and for DTAC and -Orange, there are centers at future park rangsit for 100%

i might suggest Central Ladproa for all net work,, and not too far like future park rangsit..

but the best advice is call ur network and ask for where exactly.....

I dont do mine yet, been told i dont need..

Shinawatra Tower II is not so far, but I'm not gonna pay for a taxi ride to go there for only that! I went to Shinawatra I Tower today because it's across the street from the supermarket where I shop (Phaholyothin Soi 8).

If AIS has a shop at Central Ladprao, I've never seen it. Are you sure?

Well, at first the government thought that the southern provinces should be required to register, then expanded it to the whole country. And I'm not against it. I just want to know WHERE!!!