¼��ջѭËҡѺ¾¨¹Ò¹Ø¡Ã� Lexitron

RoobLaw

I'm having a problem with Lexitron.

When I download the version, the Thai characters are not displaying in the user window when I use it. Instead of the Thai characters, it displays questions marks like this ???????

Whether I download the Java version, or non-Java version, it won't display the Thai characters.

Is there a way to fix this?

¢Ãº¤Ø³¤ÃѺ

u dont need to use it online? .. it's not better than u use it online?

btw, i dont know how to download or never try before. they dont need another softwere?

The Lexitron site has on online dictionary, but also has downloadable versions which are *wonderful* when they work! But under the latest release of Windows XP (SP2) it has problems.

There's a solution here.
Thanks. That resolved the problem.

I actually beleive that using a normal dictionary is far better than an online dictionary or small electronic device. The reason is that the extra effort helps to retain the spelling better in conjunction with the practice of writing the word (usually five to ten times) by wrote learning.

The dictionaries I use, when sitting at my desk, are the hardback versions of

Se-Ed's Thai-English (green book, 350 Baht) and English - Thai (purple book, 400 Baht). I prefer the hard-back because the print is just too small on the paperback versions.

For carrying around, using in class, etc. I like the

Se-Ed's "New Compact" Thai-English dictionary (pink and blue, 75-baht). It's smaller, paperback, and easy to look up words quickly for those times you don't want to interupt the class when everyone else seems to be following what's going on.

I use lexitron when chatting online, I know exactly what I want to say, but I forget the exact spelling and want to verify it. However, when looking up a word for such purposes, I suggest typing it out rather than copy/pasting it.