Thai visas..

celtasia

Question

Hello people, I am looking for info from members regarding Thai visas..for long stay. Any info appreciated. Am looking for info on business visas work visas etc etc ...all advice welcome.

It may be useful to have a visa section on this site.

thanks in advance

celtasia :D

4 answers to this question

Hello people, I am looking for info from members regarding Thai visas..for long stay. Any info appreciated. Am looking for info on business visas work visas etc etc ...all advice welcome.

thanks in advance

Most foreigners here know that visa questions are better discussed at http://www.thaivisa.com which obviously specializes.

I suggest that you delete your second Forum post as it is redundant and on the same subject.

thanks in advance

Most foreigners here know that visa questions are better discussed at http://www.thaivisa.com which obviously specializes.

I suggest that you delete your second Forum post as it is redundant and on the same subject.

Welcome to 'Thailand FRIENDS', where any question is not a problem and we'll help you however we can. Most foreigners know that already, obviousely.

I am currently in the process of sorting out my student visa with the Los Angeles consulate. My application is due to arrive tomorrow morning. I have heard that they process them all within 10 days, though.

Getting ahold of the LA consulate is IMPOSSIBLE. IMPOSSIBLE. A few people have told me it is run by a single woman. I do not envy her.

That being said, they ask very little in support of your application. It is very straightforward... I'll let you know how it turns out for me.

If you come from the UK or somewhere close, you may be pleased to know that there is a very good consulate in Hull (?). It's run by a farang who is on top of his ****... try seeking that out and asking around.

as far as employment goes, you need a sponsoring company.

Many choose to live in thailand on 30-90 day visas, simply leaving every so often.

Whatever you do, don't overstay your visa.... It's getting more and more and more expensive... That and directly flaunting immigration laws is not a bright idea... think of what your home country would do to a thai person who overstayed their visa.