Bulk emailing - Help please

I'm in the process of compiling email addresses for a regular newsletter, and am looking maybe for an app. that helps with the menial tasks of compiling, verifying, removing duplicates etc. I am aquiring addresses from about 10 computers in our office, and also our server database, and want to compile to maybe a master CSV file that I can import into a program, or later add to a database. Any help or suggestions would be fantastic. Cheers - J

http://www.group-mail.com/asp/common/default.asp

This one is really good and has automatic duplicate detection, preview mode, and the ability to test addresses for validity before sending etc. It's also not very expensive ($125-$250)

There is a free version too, which used to send up to 100 emails per batch without any addition of advertising text. If I remember though, the current free version now has advertising text.If you're determined not to pay for it, then perphaps look for an older version on bittorrent under the former name of "aureate group mail".

In general, I've found that any of the freebie services and products don't provide the functionality and robustness needed for business.

Other important tips:

* Use http://spamcheck.sitesell.com/ to check your spam score before sending and reduce it as low as possible by keeping dodgy keywords out of the subject line etc. This will stop your newsletter from being binned...

* Use Group mail to automatically put the client name or company name into the subject line and also in the body. Not only are recipients more likely to read it but also it will reduce the likelihood of it being detected as spam

* Test send the mail to some made-up Gmail, Hotmail and outlook email addresses so that you can check spam filters and formatting appearance

* Consider adding an opt-out option

* Keep total column widths under around 50 characters to avoid formattting problems

* Keep size of all attachments to under 150 K (graphics)

* Check your outgoing server policies and test send 100 before doing a larger mail out. Some ISPs and hosting firms are very strict about bulk mailing.

* Be careful with deliberate misspellings to reduce your spam score as that might actually increase it.

* The use of tiny images with links used to be way around various filters but now is more likely to trigger problems