I booked ticket to BKK, now what?

birdtongchai

Question

Hi there friends!

Finally i made the big descision, and i booked a ticket to thailand BKK.

I have been in doubt a lot after breaking up with my g/f (http://www.thailandfriends.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=148) but i made the decision now to go on with it. I wanna see the country, the people, the city, the culture, the temples and gardens, everything. But now what?

I have no idea how to proceed, i have booked just the ticket and a hotel for 2 nights only, cause i want to be free in where i go and stay when i am there.

What are prices for hotels, appartments or condo's? Will i need to book them way ahead or are they allways available?

What kind of clothes, shoes should i bring?

where do i keep my money? Should i be careful of anything in particular?

I have so many questions :D

Any idea's on where i should go? what is a MUST see overthere?

Please help me, anything is welcome

8 answers to this question

mmmmmm many place that you will love in thailand na ja. temple .. culture :) you will have a great trip in thai na :) any way welcome to thailand ;)

oh about price it's depend on where you live , if on sukhumvit area price is about 800 -1000 baht per night i'm not sure much but my friend used to stay there. and you dont' need to much clothes ja just only tshirt is ok :) any qs you can ask na ja :)

gin

margarita

[Edited on 27/2/2004 by Gin]

Morning Gollum! :)

I thing everybody that have visited Thailand finds it one of the most easiest country in the world to travel around..

Just go there and enjoy yourself with all the friendly people! :-)

There is no need to book any room exept around Chines new year and Songkran in some places..

Have a story about that, I phoned one hotel in Bangkok, from Pattaya to book a few rooms for me and some friends. I was told that all the hotels in Bangkok was full, so I better forget about it.. The next one i called had plenty of rooms! ;)

I wonder how many rooms there is all together in Bangkok?!

I will arrive 1. April, and might see you around..

Have a nice trip! :cool:

Tommy.

Get in touch with some members here and I am sure all would be glad to help you out when you first arrive. Let me know if you need any help when you arrive!

Lots to see and do in Bkk but thailand is a big country so there is so luch to see in the North and South. No need to bring too many clothes since you can pick up a whole new wardrobe from MBK. be warned...its is getting hot now. Been here for quite some time but still cannot get used to the weather!!

Thanks so far for all your answers! Very very helpfull! Here is some further info on me and my holidays:

I am 29 years old, 192cm tall and shoe size 10/11 (european 45/46). Quite tall and large feet, so i'll take some shirts and shoes with me which are not too thick and easy to wear.

I will be leaving here june 1st and returning back to holland june 22nd.

I am planning to stay in BKK most of the time, but when i have the time and money i will try visit the south.

I have not been saving a lot or a long time for this, as it looks now i will take about 1200-1500 USD$ with me, will that be enough for the period of time?

I am a difficult eater, not very fond of veggies. More into meat :). Any more "do's" and "don't" you wish to share?

I will msg the admin of this board if i can write a sticky with all things i have read here in the forum to create a '(tourist) travelguide to Thailand".

Let's hear from you all!

and just becareful from some people who want to take advantage from farang ... sometimes when you took taxi they might charge you for more price .. or sometimes when you buy something they will charge you more for foreign price. so, would be better to know some thai friends to help you na ja

gin

margarita na ja

About the food, hmmm...

Nothing i can say in particular, i am no scared of spicy or hot food. I just am a meat eater. Not very fond of vegetables or fish. This is a problem for me in a lot of occasions, but i am sure i will manage.

I will buy 2 pair of shoes here to take with me, and some shirt and shorts. I guess socks are not in favour :)

I hope i will fit in the beds in the hotels and in buses or taxi's. I've heard before that i have to be carefull not to get ripped off cause i am farang, and should pay attention that cabdrivers turn on the meter at all times.

I have seen pictures and websites of phuket and it's incredible. For me as a dutchman the pictures look surreal. Here in the beaches it's nice, cold water, not clear at all, but compared to the beaches there it's a shithole! I absolutely want to go there.

I am kinda shy person. I hate to offend people and i am a little worried what will happen if girls will come to me, talk to me with sad stories. Hard to turn them down. Any advice in that? I am not looking for easy sex in thailand. I admit i love thai ladies, they are the most beautiful women in the world, but i am not at all interrested in bargirls whatsoever.

How can i turn them down without saying something wrong or insulting them?