UK Visa - Help!

julesnash

Can anybody offer advice on obtaining a UK Visa for a thai national. I am particularly interested in hearing from anybody who has managed to secure a Settlement Visa. I have read the information published by the UK embassy .

thoroughly, however, i would appreciate some first-hand advice. Equally, i would like to hear from anyone who has been unsuccessful in obtaining a visa.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

i have previously got a visitors visa for my ex gf, with no problem whatsoever. however a settlement visa is a different story entirely (i am assuming this is for a thai gf). previously settlement visas were issued only for spouses and family members. apparently this was changed in the last few years and settlement visas are now issued for common law partners/fiances. however, relationship must be of at least 2 years in duration and proof must be provided, (joint bank accounts, tenancy agreements etc). if u must, u can get married and visa is issued fairly automatically, unless spouse is still married and has forgotten to tell u (don't laugh it has happened). this was the situation as explained to me 2 years ago, so things may have changed.