Increase hotmail inbox from 2MB to 25MB then 250MB

Myst67

this is meant for those who did not realize that hotmail accounts were upgraded

yes, some hotmail accounts were upgraded, but sadly not for all...I've tried this and it worked... my inbox is now 250 MB

THIS WAY YOU CAN INCREASE YOUR SIZE OF THE HOTMAIL ACCOUNT

1. Login ur hotmail account and go to options.

2. Go to "Personal"

3. Click "My Profile"

4. Change Country to "United States"

5. Wait for browser to load United States settings.

6. Change the state to any American States. For example "Florida", and zip code to "33332".

7. Click "update".

8. Click "Continue".

9. Go to "Language" and make sure it is "English".

10. Paste this link in the same browser.

http://by17fd.bay17.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/Accountclose

11. Wait until the Screen says you're Hotmail is Closed and ready to be deleted.

12. Click "Close Account".

13. Go back to login page and re-login to your hotmail account..!!

14. Your account size will now increase to 25 MB, which a month later becomes 250 MB!!

Cool...gonna try this one also :)

Before I tried it to change the country and zip code, but that only doesn't work, I hope now with this link :D

I'm wondering why Microsoft doesn't give it to everybody with doing nothing, just like Yahoo does...and they will upgrade to 1 GB in April!!

I love yahoo.. woohoo' lolz I even moved to UK and then US.. hehehe.. but still got 2mb storage till now.. lol so will try later after Pascal back to tell us that its work and tell me that Im not gonna lost any message in my inbox.

OK pascal?

yeap, worked for me too and I also didn't lose any existing messages. One thing people may want to consider is using an alternative zip code just in case this turns into some chain mail and hotmail suddenly get an unusually high amount of subscriptions from Florida ;-)

You can use this link find the zip code of any city in the USA

http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/citytown_zip.jsp

One other small point, just expect a couple of extra steps the first time you log back into your account (step 13), namely:

Click on Activate when prompted

Then click on Agree to the terms and conditions

Then click on Continue at the newsletters page

Cool...gonna try this one also :)

Before I tried it to change the country and zip code, but that only doesn't work, I hope now with this link :D

I'm wondering why Microsoft doesn't give it to everybody with doing nothing, just like Yahoo does...and they will upgrade to 1 GB in April!!

Hi, Pascal I got 250 Mb without any trouble and signed in at msn.be, there u can choose between French or Dutch :P , I have the Dutch version and 250 MB.

For Yahoo I signed in at yahoo.co.uk anf got 250 Mb as well.

Eric

Hotmail sucks! I use it for MSN chat only, but I get so much fcuking spam that my 2mb is always a problem. I'll do it! Thanks!

Khun-Lung it depends how u put ur settings and anti-spam. I don't get that much, because my inbox is 'only for friends'. If I have to use an mailadd to get in a site or a forum (like TF, lol) than I use a mailadd of Yahoo (I hv 2 Yahoo-accounts) that I use like a bin, rhey can put all their rubbish in there :P .

It's also a good thing to have a spam- and adware- and spyware-blocker and to let it run from time to time.

c u in a week in BKK :D

• 1 month later...

I followed the advice to get hotmail from 2mb to 25mb and it worked! Now that I have that, it's all I need because I use hotmail only for chat and not for mail. But the hotmail junk mail filter is a joke and my 2mb account was always going to the limit with junk mail. Not anymore, and 25mb is all I need.

Yahoo is far superior, BUT still doesn't support Thai fonts and that's a major drawback.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...