What Anti Virus it good

Nicha, I use Norton Anti-virus 2005 now. If you are using a hacked copy, when you update it will give a problem if you update everything at once and restart your computer.... I had a similar thing so I reinstalled and updated manually, and at the moment its working perfectly.

I used to have the Norton Internet Security 2004 program as an all-in-one solution, but I can't get the security key to work for the 2005 version, so now I use McAfee personal firewall in conjunction with NAV2005, and its all secure again.

Nicha, I use Norton Anti-virus 2005 now. If you are using a hacked copy, when you update it will give a problem if you update everything at once and restart your computer.... I had a similar thing so I reinstalled and updated manually, and at the moment its working perfectly.

I used to have the Norton Internet Security 2004 program as an all-in-one solution, but I can't get the security key to work for the 2005 version, so now I use McAfee personal firewall in conjunction with NAV2005, and its all secure again.

Thank you kha ..i will try again

It's difficult to say which is best because each of them are good at some things and not so good at others as is shown in most of the IT product reviews. However, sticking with a big name like McAfee or Symantec is generally the safest bet simply because they are the most well known (which helps if you have a problem and need help) and tend to be the fastest with releasing new virus signatures. If you need any help with either feel free to ask and I will do what i can to help you fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

I tossed all the big names out and I'm using AVG from Grisoft. It doesn't slow down yr computer and it's much better than Norton for sure and above all it's free.

In the past we used Norton, but since i scanned our network at work with AVG, it still found virusses that Norton didn't catch.

I tossed all the big names out and I'm using AVG from Grisoft. It doesn't slow down yr computer and it's much better than Norton for sure and above all it's free.

In the past we used Norton, but since i scanned our network at work with AVG, it still found virusses that Norton didn't catch.

Not sure I could agree totlaly with this because I think that it is common for different programs to sometimes miss stuff that the other may detect. Norton is probably the best anti virus I can think of for the general user but your suggestion of AVG is very good and maybe the best option.

All anti Virus software is bad to have on a pc. They often virtually takover the PC or are generally a pain in the ass, but they are absolutely needed when connected to any other PCs in anyway.

My suggestion is to partition your hard disk and have a dual boot machine with for example say xp pro on one and the home edition on the other. Using one when exlusively off line and keep it as the main drive for data and programs while the online one has the antivirus sf and you can switch between the two as you need to.

Just what I do but dont know what others might htink of this.