iPhone Apps

funky_house

You can get VLC at the moment, but get it before it is pulled, due to litigation.

Oh well spotted that man....

It lets you add any file via itunes. Click you iphone within ITUNES, then click the 'apps' tab and then scroll down to file sharing apps and click VLC then add files.. Great, now i can play my AVI.

Surprised Apple bended to that... There is hope.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get VLC at the moment, but get it before it is pulled, due to litigation.

Oh well spotted that man....

It lets you add any file via itunes. Click you iphone within ITUNES, then click the 'apps' tab and then scroll down to file sharing apps and click VLC then add files.. Great, now i can play my AVI.

Surprised Apple bended to that... There is hope.

however. it won't work if you try to play movie on VLC by connect to a TV display with AV component cable.

This has just come out and fairly accurate:

farangfriendly_1.jpg

blurb:

"One of the difficult things about coming to live in a new country is finding local businesses that can help you with the things that you need. Even expats that have been here for a while sometimes need help. This is because Thailand isn't always "farang friendly" in that English is not used as much as in other South East Asian nations. It's certainly getting better since the time that I first came here, but local telephone directories, including the Yellow Pages, are nearly always only in Thai. Coming to our rescue is this new iPhone app called simply Farang. It is basically a listing of different things from restaurants to hotels and bookshops to ice cream parlours. The listings are not limited to only Bangkok but cover areas all over Thailand. Obviously, as it is still new it is not yet comprehensive, but I was impressed with what they had already. I was also pleased to see that the ones that I was familiar with had an accurate entry."

Source:

http://iphone.mythailandblog.com/

farangfriendly_1.jpg

blurb:

"One of the difficult things about coming to live in a new country is finding local businesses that can help you with the things that you need. Even expats that have been here for a while sometimes need help. This is because Thailand isn't always "farang friendly" in that English is not used as much as in other South East Asian nations. It's certainly getting better since the time that I first came here, but local telephone directories, including the Yellow Pages, are nearly always only in Thai. Coming to our rescue is this new iPhone app called simply Farang. It is basically a listing of different things from restaurants to hotels and bookshops to ice cream parlours. The listings are not limited to only Bangkok but cover areas all over Thailand. Obviously, as it is still new it is not yet comprehensive, but I was impressed with what they had already. I was also pleased to see that the ones that I was familiar with had an accurate entry."

Source:

It's funny you mention it. We've been talking with the owner of that app as TF is a great way to spread the word for him. I've found it very helpful, but I actually like the future of the app more than what's already been developed.

The fact that users can input their locations plus add in their own reviews of the place is awesome. I trust normal people reviews much more than I trust some "trusted third party" crap.

I just hope that they have good controls on the reviews.

farangfriendly_1.jpg

blurb:

Source:

It's funny you mention it. We've been talking with the owner of that app as TF is a great way to spread the word for him. I've found it very helpful, but I actually like the future of the app more than what's already been developed.

The fact that users can input their locations plus add in their own reviews of the place is awesome. I trust normal people reviews much more than I trust some "trusted third party" crap.

I just hope that they have good controls on the reviews.

Yeah, they're just starting on filling up the Bangkok locations. I think they've gotten a good jump on Pattaya but now they're focusing on BKK before they get it launched.

I have the app on my iPhone right now testing it.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skyfire-web-browser/id384941497

Skyfire Web Browser

plays FLASH VIDEOS from the web.

Customer Reviews

Do NOT waste your money

by Stephen Antonucci

First off understand that it does not allow your to see Flash sites or even Flash animations. It also does not work with many Flash videos, only certain ones. It did not work on many of the popular sites I tried.

Forget it!

Waste of money and time...

by Todd Johnson

i bought it for certain sites that don't have an HTML5 version and use flash and it doesn't work on any of those...save your money and don't buy it

I want a refund

by Kasuga85

I tried a bunch of flash video sites and the ones that were suggested in the homepage and none of them worked. I want a refund please.

Holy poop. I was holding Jasmine (what a way to start a non-poop related story), and was playing with the google app. I accidentally clicked on the photograph portion of it, and it's awesome!

First I took a picture of Minny Mouse (as she was hanging out with me and Jazz at the time), and the google app returns the history of disney along with the creation of Minny. I had barack obama's "The Audacity of Hope" within reach so I took a picture of only his face. Google brings up his book.

I've been going around my house taking Google Pictures of things and it's pretty amazing with regards to what it can recognize. It can also recognize buildings and landmarks. This phone keeps on getting better and better.

I've been going around my house taking Google Pictures of things and it's pretty amazing with regards to what it can recognize. It can also recognize buildings and landmarks. This phone keeps on getting better and better.

Cooooooollllll

wait. weren't you returning it the day before ?

I did, and this is actually the iPhone6, and I'm writing this from 2012. Just remember to get the back to the future app while it's free or you'll be upset.

BUT...

"Google Voice is not available in your country.

Thanks for visiting Google Voice. We're not yet open for users outside the US, but are planning to expand our service to additional countries in the future."