Hip Hop Culture

Antsal

you can try to squeeze into club Lava on Khao San rd. and club Mystique at Soi Sukhumvit 31 Sukhumvit Rd, Kwdeng Klongtoey Nu.....that is the address I not been to many hip Hop clubs mainly a rock guy but I can dance or chill to whatever when I am having fun, so hope you have fun in BKK as well...

i think SPEED is the best in terms of the variety of the song selection. they play better music than the rest of the street there.

for HOME, if you go there for the first time, its not bad. but ive stopped going there for over a year now cos everytime i went there i heard the same old songs played in order. maybe there is a change but i doubt it.

for LAVA and Immortal on Khao san road...i used to go there but again im sick of the same old songs and the lack of variety and of effort to try to go find some new music.

try Q bar, Bed and Mystique.

Thanks heaps for all the imformation, Ill check out the clubs you mentioned, im mainly into the art side of hip hop,ive been to BKK once and saw a few places with it,so i know there are people doing it there so im just keen to maybe hook up with someone.

Hmm...I got hip-hop in my blood, but as to where the best places are? I have heard that Route 66 is the top notch place., Me being a man from "the hood" I'll have to dig up some info.

:P yeah Darryl we will go there and let's dance togather hahaha 8)

:lol: i have some people into hiphop also me...if u come here u can contact us 8)

Thanks Nazz. Why do you hava a laughing smiley there did i say something funny

:)oh sorry i didn't mean that..nothing funny :D sorry again for make u misunderstood..anyway i think now route66 is peak place hiphop club now in bkk try this club but u have to be there befor 9.00pm cuz if u be there late u will dun have ur own space for dance :wink:

:lol: i have some people into hiphop also me...if u come here u can contact us 8)

Thanks Nazz. Why do you hava a laughing smiley there did i say something funny

:)oh sorry i didn't mean that..nothing funny :D sorry again for make u misunderstood..anyway i think now route66 is peak place hiphop club now in bkk try this club but u have to be there befor 9.00pm cuz if u be there late u will dun have ur own space for dance :wink:

Hey nazz, i knew you didnt mean anything by it i just thought i might have said something silly,thanks for your offer, If its ok ill get in contact with you when i come and you could point me in the right direction,Does any of your friends do aerosol art? Thanks for your help...

i think SPEED is the best in terms of the variety of the song selection. they play better music than the rest of the street there.

for HOME, if you go there for the first time, its not bad. but ive stopped going there for over a year now cos everytime i went there i heard the same old songs played in order. maybe there is a change but i doubt it.

for LAVA and Immortal on Khao san road...i used to go there but again im sick of the same old songs and the lack of variety and of effort to try to go find some new music.

Smartass says it all... but i reckon that its QUITE dark at SPEED. i mean u can actually see who ur talking to .. the music is good. the Dj put loadsa beat there.

I mostly go to BED superclub on TUE, MYSTiQUE every THU (sometimes on FRI AND SAT) Qbar suck ass.. dont really like going there! (it WAS good but not anymore)

LAVA has always been my fav.. u go cheap and can still have fun! Immortal..everything there is so good except there's got ONE unisex TOILET ouchhhhh cant stand that!

I think SLIM at RCA is climbing on the chart :wink:

Smartass says it all... but i reckon that its QUITE dark at SPEED. i mean u can actually see who ur talking to .. the music is good. the Dj put loadsa beat there.

I mostly go to BED superclub on TUE, MYSTiQUE every THU (sometimes on FRI AND SAT) Qbar suck ass.. dont really like going there! (it WAS good but not anymore)

LAVA has always been my fav.. u go cheap and can still have fun! Immortal..everything there is so good except there's got ONE unisex TOILET ouchhhhh cant stand that!

I think SLIM at RCA is climbing on the chart :wink:

Sounds like BKK has a good nightlife,im gonna have heaps of fun :D , All these places sound cool,Are they hard to find?how can i find out where they are when im there? haha yea there are some nightclubs in australia where the mens and womans toilets are divided only with clear glass so you can see into each toilet how wierd is that!!

And hip hop is classed as a culture sorry to disapoint you Sgt Pepper....

• 1 month later...
Hmm...I got hip-hop in my blood, but as to where the best places are? I have heard that Route 66 is the top notch place., Me being a man from "the hood" I'll have to dig up some info.

Just out of curiosity, what stuff do you listen too. In terms of the modern stuff, I've always been keen on blackalicious, Jurassic 5, the roots (although its hard to put them into hip hop), I love lyrics born, great rapper, his voice and his skills are amazing.

I listen too a lot of what we call in "da hood" "Street Bangers" which are unheardof songs from 50 Cent, Nas, Trillville, TI..ETC. that don't make it to the mainstream.

go to this website http:// www.soundclick.com gots some good ones out.

By the way 50 Cent got a new Banger out that's hot..and it's not "I Run New York"

Hey,your taste in rappers is good, im into three 6 mafia at the moment,dj paul makes some good beats.whats the name of fiftys new track?meth and redman are coming to oz soon cant wait it would be pretty good,hope it is as good as the tim dog show,anyways catch ya....

• 2 weeks later...

Yea thanks ill check it out,daim and can2 are some of the best,hip hop is popular but atleast graff will never be haha,ive seen the wall near that MBK mall it was alright,im more keen to paint,is there any spots that you could just go?and is there a place to hook up some ok paint,thanks heaps mate

Hip Hop and culture in the same sentence?

thats not a very nice thing to say, there is a culture to it. Be constructive, not ignorant.

The truth hurts!

The only one being ignorant is you!

I gave an opinion, nice or not nice is a matter of perspective. Dont agree with me fine but.... ahh I wont bother!

Maybe you would care to explain what you think culture is?

thats not a very nice thing to say, there is a culture to it. Be constructive, not ignorant.

The truth hurts!

I gave an opinion, nice or not nice is a matter of perspective. Dont agree with me fine but.... ahh I wont bother!

The Modern technical definition of culture is socially patterned human thought and behavior as a whole.. ie a large group of people that follow the same thought and behaviour is culture....... :o haha I guess narrow minded people need some enlightenment haha........but everyone is allowed their opinion...the truth does hurt!!!!

The truth hurts!

The Modern technical definition of culture is socially patterned human thought and behavior as a whole.. ie a large group of people that follow the same thought and behaviour is culture....... :o haha I guess narrow minded people need some enlightenment haha........but everyone is allowed their opinion...the truth does hurt!!!!

ok so lets leave the word ignorant out of this ok? [shoul never have been introduced to the post the way it was. my question was

what you think culture is