Which films do you like best from EU film festival 2011 ?

NoiBKK

I have been to this festival from the first time they had it. This year I saw 16 films , 5555

I like "The 1000 Euros Generation" from Italy. A comedy which was quite fun. Another comedy I like is "Run If You Can" from Germany.

But I would say the best movies this year are, "When We Leave" from Germany and "Forbidden Fruit" from Finland.

When We Leave is a movie about a Turkish woman ran away from a husband and the consequences she had to face as being a Muslim. It is so real and it is happening everyday.

Forbidden Fruit is a movie about Two 18 year old girls who was tempted by the world outside their belief ( they are Lutheran Finnish - correct me if I'm wrong.) I love the ending.

I would love to know how many TFers went to this film festival.

• 7 months later...

Photo_by_Johan_Stahl_Winthereik.jpg Director%20still_by_Johan%20Stahl%20Winthereik.JPG Mr%20Cortzen%20dances%20with%20Pygmies%20pressestil31.JPG Mr.%20Cortzen%20and%20Mr.%20Gilbert%20Pressestil%2021.JPG Mr.%20Cortzen%20is%20appointed%20ambassador%20by%20Liberia%27s%20Foreign%20Minister%2C%20Toga%20MCINTOSH%20pressestil%205.JPG Mr.%20Cortzen%2C%20Paul%20and%20Minister%20gaston%20Mackouzangba%20in%20the%20Pygmy%20village%20Pressestil%206.JPG Sumeet%20teaches%20the%20art%20of%20fire%20pressestil41.JPG

[h=1]THE AMBASSADOR[/h]This is from the Sundance Film Festival 2012. Been searching the internet for this one but so far no luck.

A strange, enigmatic and decadent white diplomat arrives in central Africa, looking like a mixture of Henry Stanley and Karl Lagerfeld.He has recently bought an ambassadorship and claims to be a do-good rich business man, who has come to spearhead a diplomatic mission.Officially he is there to start a factory that produces matches - this, to employ locals and teach how to make this simple piece of fire-making equipment. Unofficially he is really there to gain access to vast reserves of diamonds.The Ambassador is a genre-breaking, tragic comedy about the bizarre world of African diplomacy