High speed internet without phone line in bangkok ? how to ?

AL_1

I need an high speed internet connection (min 1Mb) but the owner of my apartment don't allow me to install ADSL, any other solution ? In europe you can use satelite, or using TV cable... what about Thailand ?

And about creating a LAN network using electric cable ? it working in Thailand ?

Thank for the answers...

IPStar... 8000 bath/month is too much, i prefer spend this mony on a better appartment. (and i doubt about installing something on my balcony too.....)

For Hutch's wireless... where are the english pages ? i can't read Thai :( and i doubt i can have a 100Mb/s with wireless

About the LAN, i mean using the existing 110/220V Electrical outlet... something like this http://www.netgear.com/products/details/XE102.php but for Thailand.

Thank for the answers...

For Hutch's wireless... where are the english pages ? i can't read Thai :( and i doubt i can have a 100Mb/s with wireless.

I hadn't visited the Hutch website for some time but I did after I saw your post and yeah, I guess they've given up on trying to lure farang users, even though I am one. They used to have a link for English. I do read Thai, but obviously an English page would be much easier.

The speed is not blazing. They claim about 3 times faster than dialup and most of the time that's about right. The beauty is that it's portable as you can log on anywhere that you can get a signal on the handset, and that includes laptops, though you do need to have a driver installed. You can easily find a secondhand handset in MBK for under 2,000 baht, so the hardware is not a major investment.

Hope this helps, and probably isn't what you want, but in your circumstances it would work.