AIS - "Network Busy"

BillyZ

For the last 10 days or so, between the hours of 6pm and 11pm (maybe later, if I called people that late), my AIS-account phone shows "network busy" over half the time when I make calls. I don?t seem to experience this during any other time.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Maybe it's just that they have signed up that many more people and that their circuits are that busy.

Maybe it's when I call a non-AIS number at that time that the phone company rivalries take it out on the consumers.

Maybe it's the fact that I'm in the Sattahip/Pattaya/Rayong area and that the Americans are about to arrive (Cobra Gold). Phone connections are not always so good while the war games are going on.

Anyway, it's annoying when you want to call someone and can't get through. And I thought that if lots of other people were having the same problem, maybe a letter/email campaign to AIS would be in order...

ThePunisher has something to say about this....

Yes I do... I had to ring CMG 35 times beforethe 'Network Busy' thing stopped and I finally got through to him... by that time it was too late to go to the 7/11 for him as his last diaper was already dripping wet.

Another TF'er who works for True Move told me that AIS places restrictions on cross network calls. She said this may be to ensure AIS to AIS calls never have problems, or perhaps out of spite.

I have been with AIS for about 2 years now, love my number, but am seriously thinking about changing as all my friends are on other networks and this is becoming a major inconvenience :o/

I gave up on AIS ages ago. I had a number of problems with my service : my phone would suddenly lose it's signal, and no amount of running around /restarting would fix it. When asked AIS claimed that the network was being serviced or some rubbish like that but it kept happening (even when I switched phones). I also found it very hard to call people who had other subscriptions and yeah, people would complain that my number was always busy. In addition, my ability to send SMS-es would suddenly disappear for days on end and the only way to fix this was at an AIS call center. To top it all off, it was expensive.

I made repeated calls/complaints to AIS and nothing was done to fix the problem permanently so I just switched to DTAC....I'm a lot happier.

• 1 month later...