English Premier League starts today :)

Pompoy

Schadenfreude is a German word meaning "pleasure taken from someone else's misfortune." It is sometimes used as a loanword in English and other languages.

We are going to hammer someone soon...playing Slavia Prague this Thursday and that will be a close game I think but in the premership we are finally gonna get it together and hit a few goals past someone...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fergie should have gone after he won the treble. It seemed the right time to bow out with your head held high having won rpetty much everything. .

Fergie was a great manager but every dog has his day.

His ability to motivate the team has gone and some of his recent signings have been very poor. Djemba Djemba, Miller etc.

He should have gone when he said he would retire. The fact he changed his mind shows that maybe he thinks he is bigger than the club, ironic for someone who has shown the door to top players for just that reason.

The longer he leaves it the more the memories of his great times will fade

...The fact he changed his mind shows that maybe he thinks he is bigger than the club, ironic for someone who has shown the door to top players for just that reason. ..

i suspect that some players are shown the door for thinkng they're bigger than *fergie* not the club. a possible case comes to mind... starts with an "r" and ends with a "uud van nistlerooy" ..

I thought O'Neill was waiting for the big gig too but went to Villa instead. I heard he always wants to take his whole backroom staff with him which is why some clubs are reluctant to get him in as it means complete reshuffle and pay offs.

Cappello for Man U when Fergie goes I think and it would be good to see him managing in the premiership. Quality manager and he obviously has passion for the game.

The Hammers have a hard game tonight. Palermo are a good side. One of the best in this competition even though his manager was saying that domestic success was more important. If the Hammers get through this tie then i think they will do well.

Man U keep the pressure on Chelsea with their 2-0 win against newcastle. Solskjaer on the score sheet which is great to see. He has had bad injuries the past couple of years but he came through it and has shown his quality by coming back into the first team and getting goals.

Man U now level on points with Chelsea!

Reading beat West Ham 1-0. Great result for the Royals but another bad result for the Hammers. Pardew survived a bit of a crisis before with fans calling for his head...we shall see if this turns into another one.

Spurs grab a 2-1 win oer high flyers Pompey. A very dubious penalty decision with what is being reported as a blatent dive by Zokora. Given against Mendes which is a shame as he was a spurs favourite and a decent player. Nice to see Murphy on the scoresheet and he is getting better with more and more games under his belt. Ghaly also looking good.

• 1 month later...

What a great result for Spurs last night with a 2-1 win over Chelsea. Spurs have no beaten Chelsea since 1990 (the premiership was not even formed then) where they won the 2-1 thanks for a lineker winning goal and they have not beaten Chelsea at home since 1987 (awaiting stats comfirmation from ZBH).

Lennon had a great game and his best position is defintely on the right. Keane plyed a great game on the left leaving the Chelsea right back, Boulahrouz on the seat of his pants.

Chimbonda is proving to be possibly one of the best right backs in the country at the moment and what a game for Dawson to get his first premiership goal for Spurs ( I think its his first). Well played Spurs and a good tactical job from Jol.

Spurs now unbeaten in 9 and in the top half of the table for the first time this season. COYS!

What a great result for Spurs last night with a 2-1 win over Chelsea. Spurs have no beaten Chelsea since 1990 (the premiership was not even formed then) where they won the 2-1 thanks for a lineker winning goal and they have not beaten Chelsea at home since 1987 (awaiting stats comfirmation from ZBH).

sounds about right but i was distracted by the commentator knocking back mucus (this has been going on for months he should see a doctor or something).

Lennon had a great game and his best position is defintely on the right. Keane plyed a great game on the left leaving the Chelsea right back, Boulahrouz on the seat of his pants.

lennon's a really promising player. also, i think right back is chelski's achilles heel, so that was a great matchup for spurs. scary to think that kid might get even better over the next few years.

Chimbonda is proving to be possibly one of the best right backs in the country at the moment and what a game for Dawson to get his first premiership goal for Spurs ( I think its his first). Well played Spurs and a good tactical job from Jol.

Spurs now unbeaten in 9 and in the top half of the table for the first time this season. COYS!

was an impressive effort for spurs, at least until i fell asleep. especially considering chelski looked energetic and were NOT 'mailing it in'. yep it was dawson's first goal, the commentator worked that in between balls of phlegm.

i was a bit baffled by robben being up front, he's not the lethal finisher that drogba is. robben's better as a winger. chelsk had some quality in the midfield, but that was a VERY narrow mid four, most of their attacks were down the middle. wonder why sheva's sitting? i don't think he's injured. even if he doesn't score he does attract a lot of defenders and free up drogba.

I thought Sheva was injured.

Chelsea have a hell of a squad but seem a bit short up front.

Drogba is on fire but if hits bad form it could be interesting

Eyebrows were raised when v. Nistlerooy left OT but they are looking a more complete team.

November 26th will be interesting but january and feb is key time when squad strength kicks in.

Congrats to spurs! About time!

I know it all sounds like sour grapes, but Poll has it out for Mourinho since criticism last year.

I still don't understand why Drogba's goal was disallowed....at that point it would have been 2-0, game over, as CFC would defend primarily and would have crushed the crowds spirit.

Terry's send off was a joke! And 6 yellows. Hmmmm!

Essien took a serious, intentional elbow to the head. Should have been a red.

Still after all, almost escaped with a tie, except for that pesky post getting in Robbens way.

Hey but I see through Chelsea blue eyes, so my view is biased. And odds were on that Spurs had to take a match eventually.

Anyway, **** happens. Tottenham played a good scrappy match....and yes Lennon was quite a handful. Ashley Cole failed to meet the challenge again of a speedy opponent. Just hope we don't try to buy Lennon based on this performance. lol

ManU is looking awefulyl good as well, demolishing quality opposition. Chelsea will be challenged this year in the EPL, guaranteed.

What happened with Wenge and Pardew almost breaking out the handbags?

Scholes is a quality player and Man U doing well is down to him playing as well as i can remember...a good few years thats for sure! They are looking in top form right now.

I think they used Robben up front for the same reason that Ferguson has sometimes used Giggs up front. Pace pace and more pace. Giggs is a far better finished than Robben though but pace is always going to be a massive threat...although Ledley did get back and make a top quality challenge, possibly Robbens indecision and his one footedness may have made Kings job slightly easier.

I would be happy for Spurs to be top 6 this season. They did over achieve last season almost getting 4th. I want to see them have a good run in Europe and a good domestic cup run. I think we might get one of the cups this year.

After years of mediocrity and the managerial merry go round I am looking forward to Jol staying the distance and to start putting a team together which plays with flair and passion. Recent spurs teams have always been a soft touch but there is a bit more steel about the current team. Exciting times ahead...

..at least more exciting and encouraging than for Man City supporters!! :lol:

Just read an article on BBC about a young american guy called Adu who is supposed to be sh*t hot and will train with Man U.

He is decscriced as a "The midfielder-cum-striker"

cum-striker? that means the little cumstriker will probably go to man u. (america's unique contribution to football slang).

sarps: that was brutal, i left it was 0-1 figuring "there's no game here." came back the tv was still on 3-1, WTF. OUCH. only upside of the debacle, is that the 3 points went to a team who REALLY need 'em.

ajax not only got spanked at home by p$v but lost wesley sneijder. great, just great.

zbh

not a spurs fan, but sympathetic at the moment.

So Dowie was the 1st to fall, Roeder wont be far behind him.

Any talk of Benitez being kicked out of Liverpool must be crazy.

In his 1st 3 1/2 years (or however long) he has won the FA Cup and Champions League.

Imagine if Manchester United had sacked Fergie, which i thouight they should and shouted it from the Stretford End, at that stage in his Old Trafford career.

zbh...it was brutal! Some terrible defending from Spurs. They have a tough game coming up this weekend against Blackburn at Ewood Park. Could well be another loss!

Dowie...well, I thought Charlton would stand by him but these days its all about results. The same thing happened with Spurs and Hoddle...kept him on all through the summer, let him buy players he wanted and then 6 games into the season sack him!

Macca...I think you are right about Roeder too...a couple of bad results and he will be gone. Newcastle need to sort themselves out...

Any talk of Benitez being kicked out of Liverpool must be crazy.

In his 1st 3 1/2 years (or however long) he has won the FA Cup and Champions League.

rafa would not be my first choice for a manager if i owned that or any club and some of his decisions baffle me but i doubt they'd find a better manager or a better fit from anyone likely to take the job right now.

Imagine if Manchester United had sacked Fergie, which i thouight they should and shouted it from the Stretford End, at that stage in his Old Trafford career.

personally i think he'll only get sacked by a) retiring B) croaking or c) getting manure relegated. i dream of c but i'm not optimistic.

zbh...it was brutal! Some terrible defending from Spurs. They have a tough game coming up this weekend against Blackburn at Ewood Park. Could well be another loss.

it appears a team that has developed multiple personality disorder. they send out schmoes in spurs costumes to the road games, but still put the names of the actual players on the shirts, right?

• 3 weeks later...

Almost at the mid way point of the footy season.

Can Man U hold thier lead with the very slim squad they have or will chelsea be too much again

The second half, last night, united v everton so the midfiled Evra, Brown, O'Shea & Fletcher - 3 defenders and an underachiever

To stand a chance Fergie must buy in January

O and richardson, start packing your leaving son

Larsson to Man U till March. I guess they are suffering with injuries to their strikers. It will be interesting to see how he does. No doubt he is a quality player but he has been playing in a far slower paced league, mostly coming on as a sub.

Big game tomorrow. Arse v Spurs. Looks like Henry could be out of the game which is a massive boost for Spurs. I am not totally convinced yet as Wenger likes to play his little games and I am sure he did something like this before...saying a big game player is out and then he suddenly makes it into the team list.

COYS