travel agent in bkk

Sylver

Question

9 answers to this question

Have to agree with some of JC_HKT there. Im going to Thailand in April and the online booking engines of major airlines simply dont work right and prices seem to be ridiculous. Ive been quoted online LHR-BKK return wait for it 2,400 pounds economy...! This seems to be a serious problem for all big airlines unless they do it by design waiting for some punter to tap in the credit card details.

I personally also need internal flights and Thai airways online are nearly doubling fares..I know Ive been enough times. Turn up in person and book at the desk and they are quite reasonable.

Im unsure about Thai ticketing agencies and price structure but could you not book by credit card with an agent outside of Thailand...? I guess there are many pitfalls and deals available like cancellation fees etc..???!!

You can get some really cheap deals here in the UK but cheap isnt always best.

Beast.

i have found that, sometimes, it is cheaper to go directly to the airlines instead of a travel agent. for hotels i always book online. i have found the best deals that way and have never had a problem.

I have been using online Best Price sites to get flight info then calling airlines to get final pricing. The agents have been friendly and helpful !! Perhaps this would work in Thailand I'm not sure ?

The most annoying thing about the booking process for airline tickets is they don't include taxes and surcharges until the final total.You may think you are in for a cheap deal until the end.Some of the advertising can be a bit misleading in regards to the final price!!

I know down here in Aust they are going to ban that practice and you will be given a price with taxes included :)

I know the airlines have their reasons for this practice but surely there must be an easier way to do it!!!