Anyone planning to go to OZ mid year???

Joopjip

Would love a travel partner preferably female going for a short trip say one week around April or July. I personally would like to go to caines or melbourne but any city other than Sydney is fine :) I'm not fuss but would like a real relaxing holiday not an excursion alright :) Please send me a message if ur interested Im thai female 26 yr old.

Cairns is a beautiful spot.It all depends on what type of Holiday you want. Are you the type of person who wants to haven all the mod cons or one that doesnt mind Camping. If you want to experience the Cuture of the Indgenous people & Natural Wonders of the Outback of Australia,this is the place to go . It is in the Northern Territory ,not far from Darwin it's Capital. "Kakadu National Park"

One of the few listed World Heritage National Parks"in the World.Has an Area of about 19,000 sq miles.You'll be in awe of the abundant Natural wildlife & it's amazing natural beauty A timeless zone that has hardly changed since time began.

The Outback is the true Australia.

May to Middle August is best. look it up on Google type in Kakadu. you will find all the information you need ok. Have a great holiday whatever destination you choose. :)

Anyone that thinks they have been to Australia and stayed in Melbourne or Sydney is like coming to Bangkok and saying they saw Thailand.

Go to far Northen Queensland as Dekka suggested or go to the outback West to Alice Springs then South to Adelaide and take the train across the Nullabor to Perth etc.

It's a huge country and has a bit of everything so plan carefully as the travelling times between spots can be days.

i have been everywhere in australia but darwin and alice springs,as you are the same age as me and you may like the same things this is what i would do.

firstly buy the lonely planet australia book.

then fly to brisbane,stay here maybe a day or two so you can book a trip,brisbane is the start of the east coast and where a lot of young people go so its good fun.

the best way is to hire a camper and fun but maybe not if your by yourself or cant drive.

i did 2 trips for about 500$ 3 days on frazer island where you and ten others get to hire a 4x4 drive it about the island ,cook and camp.

then on up the coast is whitsundays boat trips,it was a 3 day trip and we did snorkeling the barrier reef and they cooked us food.

its hard to say where to go in oz cause i have lots of places i like plus i dont know what the best way to do the east coast is as i had a van but you can easily get lifts with people going to same direction if you give them petrol money.

i just moved to australia living in brisbane so its good and you will have a great time.

go to my travel site and you cn see pics of what the places are like

www.chris669.blogspot.com

Cheapest way to do Oz is to follow the typical Pom backpacker route.

Fly in to Sydney and stay at one of the backapackers hostels, from there talk to people / look at the message boards and head north towards Cairns with groups.

The backpacker scene is extremely well organised and you'll have a good time , but it's a bit of a "vanilla" view of the country. A good first time trip though.

Poms will often finish a trip by renting a car or combi and driving through the outback from Brisbane to Uluru and then northwards to Kakadu & Darwin. From there over to Broome and on to Perth where they fly out of. That's a very long trip but a great experience.

• 2 weeks later...