Mr. And Mrs. Paradorn

thaibel

A little bit late, maybe. But as I'm a tennis fan I found this back. Good taste this guy. Maybe he get more luck on the court as well.

:lol:

By Tennis Week

Paradorn Weds

Mr. And Mrs. Paradorn By Tennis Week

Paradorn Weds

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

8acf052.jpg

Paradorn Srichaphan and former Miss Universe Natalie Glebova pose prior to their wedding party at a hotel in Bangkok.

Getty Images

True love came colored in candle light last week. Paradorn Srichaphan wed former Miss Universe Natalie Glebova in a private ceremony in Bangkok last Thursday. The bride wore white, the groom was clad in regal black and the couple lit a ceremonial candle to culminate the wedding, which featured ATP players Danai Udomchoke and Sonchat and Sanchai Ratiwatana as well as Thai dignitaries and the honor guard.

The reception was held in the Grand Ballroom of the Oriental Hotel in Bangkok where the newlyweds danced their first dance to Bryan Adams' "Everything I Do, I Do It For You." Commemorative dolls of the couple were auctioned off with proceeds benefitting AIDS and HIV charities.

Glebova, who is of Russian-Canadian descent, and Paradorn have not scheduled an immediate honeymoon; they plan to spend time with family and friends. Paradorn has said they hope to eventually start a family.

"It is up to fate, but hopefully in the next few years," his 26-year-old bride said of plans to have children.

Tendonitis in his wrist has limited the former world No. 8 to six matches this season. He posted a 1-5 record. Playing just his second match since January, Paradorn suffered a recurrence of the injury and retired from his opening-round Sony Ericsson Open match while trailing Luis Horna, 2-5. He has not played a match since that retirement.

Chanachai Srichaphan, Paradorn's father and coach, told the Bangkok Post, his son will rest his wrist in the hopes that it will heal without surgery.

"We will have to see how things develop. I think he will recover and still be able to play," Chanachai Srichaphan told The Bangkok Post. "The important thing is for his wrist to heal, not his ranking. We just want him to be fully recovered."

Paradorn was initially stricken by tendonitis in the fall of 2006, but played through the pain in reaching semifinals in Beijing, Bangkok and Basel though he failed to surpass the first round in 15 tournaments and finished the season ranked outside the top 50 for the first time in five years. He beat Italy's Simone Bolelli, 7-6(5) 6-4, in the opening-round of Chennai in January, but has not won a set in five matches since, falling in the first round of both Sydney (to 161st-ranked Ivo Minar), the Australian Open (to No. 202 Dudi Sela) and Indian Wells (to No. 100 Janko Tipsarevic) before retiring from Miami in March.

Paradorn said last month premature returns have slowed his progress in the past and he does not plan to play until he is completely healthy.

"I need to be assured of being completely cured before I play again," Paradorn told the Bangkok Nation. "I was hasty in the past, going to tournaments carrying injuries. I just couldn't play."

Since he has had little success on clay courts throughout his career (four of Paradorn's five career titles have come on hard court; he was 0-8 on clay last season), it is possible the 27-year-old from Bangkok could skip the entire clay-court season to rest his wrist before considering surgery. If he has surgery, Paradorn would probably miss Wimbledon where he he has lost in the opening round for three straight years after a fourth-round finish in 2003.

The injury-induced break from tennis has given the man who carried his country's flag in the opening ceremonies of the 2004 Olympic Games, more time to spend at home with girlfriend Natalie Glebova, the Canadian former Miss Universe.

"I have time for a normal life like normal people," Paradorn said. "Our relationship is quite healthy, we're very happy."