How can i pass "TOEIC"

Chatty

I need to pass more than 600 points of TOEIC

any tips pls help

Thks for advance,

Neung

As surely you know there are plenty of places you can go to study for TOEIC or TOEFL including evenings and weekends. Those places SPECIALIZE in preparing you for the kinds of things you need to know to maximize your score, and most of them do a good job. It would be a good investment in time and money, depending upon how important that 600 points is to you!

g'luck na kaaa ...

I got less than 600 ... hahaha but i dont need it really..

So i havent go to test again yet even i need 600+ points..

just make sure u can finished test in time...

i was a bit late in listening part.. which made i gotta guessed answers.

make sure u can guess quick though ..

any tips pls help

Thks for advance,

Neung

As surely you know there are plenty of places you can go to study for TOEIC or TOEFL including evenings and weekends. Those places SPECIALIZE in preparing you for the kinds of things you need to know to maximize your score, and most of them do a good job. It would be a good investment in time and money, depending upon how important that 600 points is to you!

well, my work place will pay me higher about 2000 - 3000 baht in every month for that score. that's why i think about taking TOEIC course. What do u think???

thks nong sprite n' babyoil hope i can pass :(

Thks everyone naaa....

i'm making up my mind right now. there are 2 choices for me

1. Take TOEIC course at CU. about 7900 b. 48 hrs. and then go to take the test. Glen, TLOS4me... told me to calculate it..... i will get my money that i invetest in 4.3 months.

2. Just read a book, i bought books and CD-R already. and then go for it. take a chance.

well, i did it before at TU GET and RU test, i didn't take a course i just read the books then i passed

what d' u think??? :roll:

Neung,

7900 might seem like a lot of money... But as Mike (khun_lung) says, these places specalise in help you to maximise your score.

I know your written English is very good, and we have looked at some sample TOEIC papers and words, I think they are pretty tough actually for non native speakers.

There are many people willing to help with the written parts, but the TOEIC course sounds like a good idea for the listening bit.

As far as I know, TOEIC is split into two parts, 495 points for each bit, the first is a written test and the second is a listening test.

If you don't take the course and you get less than 600 points, can you take it again soon, or do you have to wait a long time?

Perhaps Yellowsubsub could give you an idea of the types of questions asked in the listening test (and more specifically, how quickly the questions are read)

Good luck... and you know I'm always around to help where I can.

Rich.

any tips pls help

Thks for advance,

Neung

well, my work place will pay me higher about 2000 - 3000 baht in every month for that score. that's why i think about taking TOEIC course. What do u think???

thks nong sprite n' babyoil hope i can pass :(

If you have the time and money available, I think taking a course with real teachers would be a wise investment. Yes, you can buy the books and tapes and self-study, but you won't get any feedback about what's right and why something is wrong.

:( ÊÒ¸Ø ÊÒ¸Ø

yes Sprite, i think so.

I made up my mind to take the test by reading the books and listening the CDs. 7,900 it's almost quater of my salary na. i can't spend that much. Moreover, i have to spend 48 hrs. in the class room also. I really sick and bored with the classroom right now. Well, i took alot of Eng. class conversation, writing, speaking and listening. Hope it can help. :wink:

Now, my teacher, Rich (SpeedTriple) ... i might need help from u sometimes u r really nice teacher. Glen (TLOS4Me) and My papa (thaibel) u r my really cool teacher also. thks alot.

BTW, my bf offered to help but i don't think i can learn from him.... i can't learn anything from someone i close to... u know what i mean :wink:

• 1 month later...
I will take TOEIC test also in next 2 months, and I bought a TOEIC bridge test book with CDs from CULA book store behind of Hard Rock Cafe Bangkok.

Hope that i can get high score also for TOEIC test then i can get a better job.

Cheers,

Deb

I bought it from the same place. hehehe i haven't take the test yet... hope we can get high score na

• 2 months later...
p'nueng, the exam was umm not difficult, my score was alright(885)..

u *****! its not alright its 885 out of 900 miss! lol :lol: yeah right the exam is not really that difficult. there're only 2 parts : Listening and Reading which i would say listening part is really easy. Reading part is quite boring. i almost fell asleep when i took the test :lol: however, i couldnt finish last 10 items (stupid me! ) i thought i could have done in time. Luckily ive got 800...oh wait i can work for scandinavian airline now right!? 8) (they require 700 up)

so why do u need a TOEIC test for? just dont pay a lot of money for taking a couse. maybe u can buy a book for some practice. i think that would help