Robson Thai National Coach

English_George

...Good to see that the ministry of sport realise they are sitting on a goldmine of un-tapped potential and have replaced Reid with a name......

...Robson was a great player and the current national squad will know him well from his playing days.....Reid had a good run but most people in the squad probably only remembered him as 'the old man wheezing on the pitch at Maine rd.'....Robson should give great inspiration to the great potential

...there'll be some good Asian cup games coming to Bangkok and it will be interesting to see what he makes of the massively, hugely untapped potential

..did I mention that there is so much un-tapped potential in Thailand?

I don't kow if the Thai players are as good as so many ppl proclaim, it is a nice gesture towards the thai ppl but maybe not very sincere. Don't expect the national team to make a run now that there is yet another coach without a real proven system or succes. Plus, he's english...

the premier league is probably the best although I feel like it's the primera division but when it comes to coaching I can't really mention any english coach that would make me turn my head. It's foreign coaches who're at the top positions in the premier league as well, just take a peek at for example Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United (Ferguson is scottish I believe). The previous coach of the national team who now coaches in the dutch league (doesn't do a bad job at the moment in all honesty) really messed it up I think, they hire a charismatic drill instructor from Italy and suddenly they are maybe even the best team in the world. ...the players are world class, I saw Gerrard's goal by accident last night against Hull city I believe and it made me drop my cigarette, world effing class.

A good player doesn't make a good coach either on auto pilot, when I look at great players fro my own country like Gullit and Van Basten... nuff said.

Small time players like Hiddink and Van Gaal on the other hand are REAL coaches. Thailand should get a guy like that if they want to find out how good they really are.

Fire this Robson character and get a non english coach instead if they're able to afford it because that's most likely another reason no real skill is hired. Get a good coach fom Holland, France, Italy, Spain or Portugal (ok, Germany can't leave them out) and maybe get a talented english player to become a thai national if they really feel like they need english input, or maybe an english assistant coach.

Nonetheless I of course hope I'm wrong and Thailand becomes Asia's best.