Thai racist??? Just look at the picture...

tarn_arts

Yes Bob :)

Another blog about it...

http://davidinsiam.blogspot.com/2007/05/thailand-most-racist-country-in-world.html

How about teachers? Dozens here... Not just black problems either

http://www.ajarn.com/ajarn-street/articles/black-teachers-in-thailand/

What about these people? Wrong too? More toadies?

http://www.ajarnforum.net/vb/thai-language-and-culture/19018-are-thai-taught-to-be-racist-people.html

Why not ask a Thai friend the joke about the Indian and the Cobra?

Oh... here's another...

http://www.thailandqa.com/forum/showthread.php?8848-Are-Thai-people-racist

Wow... they just go on and on...

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/reader/reader615.html

What is everyone thinking? Can't they see it's just opportunism and greed?

Should I add an emoticon so I can be as funny as you and I don't need to back up my bullshit argument?

Guest MarkCJ

Your naivety is staggering Bob. Your refusal to see that I am commenting on two individual scenarios is perplexing.

I'm impressed.

I'm also impressed at all the hard work that went into that post. You do need to get a life though. :)

Your naivety is staggering Bob. Your refusal to see that I am commenting on two individual scenarios is perplexing.

I'm impressed.

I'm also impressed at all the hard work that went into that post. You do need to get a life though. :)

Don't try that here, you ***.

Your comments have been slippery and vague throughout. You made an assertion, couldn't back it up and spent the last few pages squirming about trying to back out with a shred of dignity - too late.

As far as getting a life - how ARE things in Chantaburi? I'm working right now... Actually my staff are working, I'm running rings around you on a forum while sipping a Lavazza.

Why not go back to the lower Sukhumvit forum and see what my lifestyle is?

I guarantee I live a more exciting, interesting life than you do.

Yes, I was being condescending. It was a natural response to others being condescending to me. "You're a newbie, low post count etc etc. It's an old chestnut on forums. The idea that anyone new to a forum was just born yesterday and has no previous life experience prior to joining the said forum.

I don't think anybody assumes you were just born yesterday. However, if you started off more sentences with phrases like:

In my experience . . .

IMHO . . .

I think that . . .

You probably would have found a warmer reception. However, if you come into a ongoing conversation and start with a condescending as if everyone else was just born yesterday then you're going to rub people wrong way.

If I remember correctly your very first post was telling everyone how boring you found talk about lower Sukhumvit. Your first comment was very douchey for someone's very first (or maybe second) post. If you find it boring then don't read it. Simple. If you want to jump into the conversation then you're far more likely to get some reasoned responses if you didn't start off slagging off the OP.

Guest MarkCJ

Yes .. admittedly my first post was out of order. On this thread however I'm merely stating an opinion on two scenarios.The result has somehow turned into puerile argument with an obnoxious tosser.

I'm impressed.

well that's just ******* bollocks !!! trying to use two individual scenarios to say thais r not racist when there's 1,000s of racial encounters taking place every day here !!!

8 It's not 'newbie bashing'. It's years of experience and life in Thailand that have left us with the impression that Thais are indeed racist - If Bill had posted the same garbage you posted, I would have torn HIS argument to shreds too - except that he would have put up a decent defence.

Being the Bill of which EB is speaking I can tell you that he treats everyone equally in this regard. What you see as newbie bashing is actually EB's reaction to something he deems as being incorrect coming from someone who appears far too confident that his opinion is the only valid opinion.

You should have seen him debating UDD guys on Facebook during the protests :-)

Guest MarkCJ

Here is my first post on this thread. Please tell me why it deserved such a scathing relentless obnoxious and continued attack from Bob Wanker?

To be fair. It's not just the Thais who are being racist .. if that indeed is what they are doing (Which I think not) .. It's the other foreign customers too. The apparent reason why Africans are denied service was because the "other" customers don't like them.

If other foreigners (read "white") welcomed the Africans with open arms ... so would the Thai business owners .. if there was money to be made.

... but in reality I think another reason for Africans being denied service is because they are lousy customers. Nothing to do with their race at all. Add to that the already mentioned fact that the other (white) customers simply don't like them .. I'm not surprised at the Thai business owners actions.

If for example the Dutch had a reputation for sitting on 1 beer all night and other foreigners disliked them .. they would be barred by the Thais too. Skin colour and race are irrelevant to Thais when it comes to money and business.

There are many Africans here in Chanthaburi working in the gem trade. (importing) They frequent a lot of local businesses, spend a lot of money and are .. from what I can see .. accepted by the local Thais.

It's all to do with money. Not racism .. in this particular situation. It's the same as white foreigners calling Thais racist because of the dual pricing here. Rubbish. Again .. it's all about money.

Edited by MarkCJ

Guest MarkCJ
well that's just ******* bollocks !!! trying to use two individual scenarios to say thais r not racist when there's 1,000s of racial encounters taking place every day here !!!

I know that Ciaran. I've lost count of the number of times I've said that "YES" Thai are racist. I've also lost count of the number of times I've said they are NOT being racist in the two scenarios on this thread. I am commenting on THOSE TWO scenarios.

Just to refresh your memory .. from my first post on this thread.

It's all to do with money. Not racism .. in this particular situation. It's the same as white foreigners calling Thais racist because of the dual pricing here. Rubbish. Again .. it's all about money.

Got it now?

Edited by MarkCJ

Here is my first post on this thread. Please tell me why it deserved such a scathing relentless obnoxious and continued attack from Bob Wanker?

Actually, at the time, you were already engaged in another debate over in the Lower Suk thread. So, you had already riled people up.

Guest MarkCJ
Actually, at the time, you were already engaged in another debate over in the Lower Suk thread. So, you had already riled people up.

So basically Bob's schoolboy tirade had nothing do with that post. He just used it as an excuse to attack. I can understand that.

So, you had already riled people up.

Make that "a person"

Get over it Bob.

To be fair. It's not just the Thais who are being racist .. if that indeed is what they are doing (Which I think not) .. It's the other foreign customers too. The apparent reason why Africans are denied service was because the "other" customers don't like them.

If other foreigners (read "white") welcomed the Africans with open arms ... so would the Thai business owners .. if there was money to be made.

... but in reality I think another reason for Africans being denied service is because they are lousy customers. Nothing to do with their race at all. Add to that the already mentioned fact that the other (white) customers simply don't like them .. I'm not surprised at the Thai business owners actions.

If for example the Dutch had a reputation for sitting on 1 beer all night and other foreigners disliked them .. they would be barred by the Thais too. Skin colour and race are irrelevant to Thais when it comes to money and business.

There are many Africans here in Chanthaburi working in the gem trade. (importing) They frequent a lot of local businesses, spend a lot of money and are .. from what I can see .. accepted by the local Thais.

This is where you started pissing me off...

Making a ridiculous assumption that Thai people take their racism from farangs.

Then you said race and skin colour has nothing to do with business in Thailand - which is also bollocks. As the OP showed a business that refused service to Africans. We all know that would ONLY apply to black Africans.

You rub people up the wrong way - even your posts in the other forums are banal and preachy. I just haven't taken you to task on those yet.

Guest MarkCJ
It's the same as white foreigners calling Thais racist because of the dual pricing here. Rubbish
Making a ridiculous assumption that Thai people take their racism from farangs

You failed "comprehension in school, didn't you Bob?

You rub people up the wrong way

No Bob .. I rub you up the wrong way.

Edited by MarkCJ

Guest MarkCJ
your posts in the other forums are banal and preachy. I just haven't taken you to task on those yet.

You mean other "threads"? .. Be my guest :)

Edit: I just went and marked them to make it easier for you to spot them Bob. Now go for it man! :)

Stand back folks .. Bob's on a mission!

Edited by MarkCJ

Guest MarkCJ

Bob .. you're a yawn. My posts on other threads are neither banal or preachy. Bob. Tell you what. Are you mature enough to see that this puerile bantering is pretty stupid?

I am. So let's agree to to disagree like gentlemen and leave it at that. Somehow I have a feeling that won't be the case however. Mai Pen Rai :)

Bob .. you're a yawn. My posts on other threads are neither banal or preachy. Bob. Tell you what. Are you mature enough to see that this puerile bantering is pretty stupid?

I am. So let's agree to to disagree like gentlemen and leave it at that. Somehow I have a feeling that won't be the case however. Mai Pen Rai :)

Your opinion is that I'm a yawn. Actually, I make my living from not being a yawn and my humour goes beyond writing 555 or adding a 'smiley' emoticon to indicate where my jokes lie.

I'm quite happy to leave this forum - but I intend to stay tuned in to the forums and call you on any other garbage you post.

Guest MarkCJ
Your opinion is that I'm a yawn. Actually, I make my living from not being a yawn and my humour goes beyond writing 555 or adding a 'smiley' emoticon to indicate where my jokes lie.

I'm quite happy to leave this forum - but I intend to stay tuned in to the forums and call you on any other garbage you post.

Fair enough Bob :)