why does couple cheat?

whitelotus

There are a myriad of reasons for infidelity; from boredom to selfishness, from alcohol to stupidity, from lack of communication to loss of sex drive. I don't think you can nail it down to any one answer. I also think that the gender divide on this question is narrowing (certainly in the West). While the role of 'cheater' was traditionally seen as a male one, I think more and more women are seeking affairs outside of their relationship, whether it be for physical or emotional satisfaction.

why keep cheating, just divorce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think when we don't love or interested in our partner/lover any more, boredom and lack or too much communication will come along as GREAT EXCUSE. BTW, no morality any more??????????????

Edited by whitelotus

why keep cheating, just divorce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think when we don't love or interested in our partner/lover any more, boredom and lack or too much communication will come along as GREAT EXCUSE. BTW, no morality any more??????????????

That may have something to do with it. I also think, as I mentioned the other day, that many couple stay together because of children. IMHO this is not a good reason

We think were all sophisticated and not at all like the animals we see on Animal Planet, but we aren't. We just have the mental capacity to contemplate our animal instinct and supress them. In the wild, male animals are meant to mate with as many females as possible to ensure that his genes live on. As men, we are driven by our need to spread our genes, by having sex as much as possible.

We think were all sophisticated and not at all like the animals we see on Animal Planet, but we aren't. We just have the mental capacity to contemplate our animal instinct and supress them. In the wild, male animals are meant to mate with as many females as possible to ensure that his genes live on. As men, we are driven by our need to spread our genes, by having sex as much as possible.

so we do have sex by instinct?????????????no moral n culture no feeling concern???????????????????

so we do have sex by instinct?????????????no moral n culture no feeling concern???????????????????

Yep. Take away the fancy clothes and cars and we're all just animals. Fortunately we've developed the ability to apply reason and logic which has helped us evolve and create great things compared to other animals but deep down in our brains we're controlled by the same basic instincts.

Yep. Take away the fancy clothes and cars and we're all just animals. Fortunately we've developed the ability to apply reason and logic which has helped us evolve and create great things compared to other animals but deep down in our brains we're controlled by the same basic instincts.

U may right but in my opinion, As we are evolutionary animal who do things base on cultural , morality and feeling ( so we knows how to hide wild instinct and know what embarassing mean) and these things are differentiate US from others animal. I mean only instinct based without culture, moral and common sense, u can't call ourself as a Human Kind .

Its better than marrying some woman who opens her legs to another guy 2 weeks after marriage. Loyalty is a key component to a marriage.

I do not agree actually, honesty is the key component to marriage...

If I marry a woman that is the flirty type of woman, and who occasionally fall asleep in the "wrong" bed, then I am sure that is why I fall in love with her, why do farang in great numbers fall in love with bargirls in Thailand ? My answer is "personality" that type of woman is in high demand...

Some (maybe most) don't realize that is what they fall in love with... The promiscuos flirty woman... so when she continue being simply her, they get on all kind of jealousy trips, and some even try to fly...

If they were honest to them self, in the big question : why on earth did I ever fall for her ? And ofcause she is honest too, saying : this is my lifestyle, this is who I am, deep down, I like myself, if it's a problem do not fall in love with me...

Then the "flyclub" of Pattaya would be without a great number of it's members...

But we are taught that life and relationships can be in one and only one way, and if the target for our hearts desire do not conform to our wishful thinkings, then hell breaks loose... So most peoples in the world try to mold the person they fall in love with, into the image they have of the person they fell in love with... And in great many cases, when finally they have molded the perfect housewife out of a bargirl, then she is bored to death, so is he...

They end up like Onslow and Daisy in the series "Keeping Up Appearances" not really interested in each other, but too scared of the loneliness without...

I believe and I will always believe that if You truely love someone, set them free... Let them be who they are, if You fall in love with a bargirl and she fall in love with You, then You get a sexworker, she get a sextourist... And then let the world evolve from that, but be sure always to be honest...

Loyalty is for companies, football teams, and beer brands... honesty is for marriage...

If my wife spread legs to another guy 2 weeks after we marry, and tell me honest then divorce would never be a subject, if she spread her legs to another guy 2 weeks after we marry, and tell me she was with her mum... Sure - divorcepapers are on the way... But as I like sex very much, I do know that it is possible to have a lot of sex and not get warn out, so no need to strains on Yourself or Your partner for that reason...

Again from a HIV point of view, yes don't do it, keep Your tool indoor...

U may right but in my opinion, As we are evolutionary animal who do things base on cultural , morality and feeling ( so we knows how to hide wild instinct and know what embarassing mean) and these things are differentiate US from others animal. I mean only instinct based without culture, moral and common sense, u can't call ourself as a Human Kind .

Yep

If it wasn't for morality and cultural blockings, a greater number of humans would be unfaithful for sure, and You would not even THINK about a thread like this... Because this thread is based on Your moral and cultural perception...

I do not think You have a lot of cheaters in this thread, but there are cheaters out there, women as well as men... but as You say we are under the ruleset of morality and culture and most of us can contain the sexual drive enough to stay faithful...

You are right (in my opinion too) to ask : why not just divorce??

But divorce is not "just" - it is often a very lengthy and costly thing, and often children are involved too... In Thailand a lot of parents choose to let the kids stay in grandparents home, but in the west we have the kids living in the family...

My kids have now me (dad) who live in Thailand with my wife (stepmum) they live with their mum, and her new husband (stepdad) - now luckily he didn't have any kids, so does my wife and I not - so they do not need to take stepsiblings, halfsiblings and halfstepsiblings into account, but these days, life is quite complicated for the avarage kid in the west I would think...

And again, sex is not something that wears out on those who enjoy it, so enjoy You life instead is better IMHO...