Arrving back on 2 Septemebr and looking for suggestions for day trips

twoyg2

Question

Well I am right into countdown mode now, just over 12 days till I touch down in Phuket.

I am looking for any suggestions for day or overnight or longer trips around and outside off Phuket. I am not that interested in night life or the regular tourist traps. what I love to do is meet locals and see examples of local culture and history. I already have one trip planned for the mainland up too Khao Sok national park (I hope I got the spelling on that right) also on the cards is an introduction to scuba dive day and visits to Old Town and museums etc.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thank you all.

:lol::):)

9 answers to this question

The national parks around that area are the best attractions. You can also take a longtail boat ride around the Phi Phi islands, do some snorkeling, and maybe rafting into the small caves that open up during low tide (those are truly amazing).

It's tough to get away from the touristy stuff. Even the national parks are somewhat touristy with their guided tours and double pricing. That being said, the quieter areas around and just off of Phuket are some of the most amazing places to visit in Thailand.

Okay thanks very much for the replies. I hope you do not mind if I pass the joint and stick to my old favourite, Scotch.

Going to do a bit of driving on the mainland this time and I always go to Fantasea, just love the show and now I hear there is a new cultural show in Phuket itself, so I have to check that out.

When I talk touristy I mean Patong and all those drunk aussies acting like bogans. I put up with enough of that at Darwin Police Station.

Anyway thanks a heap and right on countdown now.

The only people who cannot enjoy themselves in Thailand are already dead as far as I am concerned