Credit Card Issued in Thailand

ahpuiahsan

Question

I heard that to apply for a credit card, one's income has to be 15000baht. Is that monthly or annually?

Can foreigner applies for credit cards issued in Thailand?

Thanks in advance for the advices. :D

You're taking the piss right?

You think that any bank anywhere will give you a credit card with an annual salary of Bt15,000?

The bank of Thailand limit for all individuals is Bt10,000/month - for faramg almost certainly higher... and you will need a work permit.

I heard that to apply for a credit card, one's income has to be 15000baht. Is that monthly or annually?

Can foreigner applies for credit cards issued in Thailand?

Thanks in advance for the advices. :D

You think that any bank anywhere will give you a credit card with an annual salary of Bt15,000?

The bank of Thailand limit for all individuals is Bt10,000/month - for faramg almost certainly higher... and you will need a work permit.

hahahaha, i know it's a silly question. :twisted: :twisted:

Anyway i also heard that some bank in Thailand will issue credit cards without the criteria of annual salary.

There are other rules for foreigners.

If you want a gold credit card with an available credit limit of

100,000.- Baht, then you need to secure this amount with

150,000 Baht on a fixed account at the card giving bank.

You can not use this amount for your monthly payments.

After one year of - on time - monthly payments they will increase your credit line to those fixed 150,000 Baht.

You need to secure 1.5 times of the credit line you ask for.

I asked 4 years a go for card, good for 400,000 Baht. The Thai Farmers Bank, now Kasikorn, ask for a 600,000 Baht deposit. And the main branch in Bangkok refuse to give me the card.

I got the card then under the same conditions at the Bank of Ayudhaya.

:lol:

15,000 not 10,000. and yes, they expect higher income for farang applicants, but i dont know the exact digits. i suggest you give kasikornthai(aka thai farmers) a call, 0 2888 8888, they can give you all accurate details you need even fax it or mail it to you if you want. or any other bank that you're interested applying for credit card.

:lol::lol: yes u need at least to have a salary of 15,000 baht monthly. even tho i still find it difficult to have one....i have too many credit cards now..i need to cut it off...as i spoil myself too much!

As for a foreigner, u need to have a work permit with salary of 100,000 baht a month...i think :roll: well i dont really think u should need one! its a bad habit which i still fix it now!

There is one other option and that is if you have a so-called "retirement" visa (non-immigrant type O). It is possible to get a credit card using the fixed deposit needed to qualify you for the visa as collateral but most bank branches will tell you "No work permit, no credit card" which is not true depending on your visa status. Mine is through Bank of Ayudhya. In order to get a "retirement" visa, one must be at least 50 years old.

...i have too many credit cards now..i need to cut it off...as i spoil myself too much!

I perfectly understand that you spoil yourself. And I am perfectly willing to help you cutting it off - please hand over all your credit cards. To me. No need to keep one. You will get pocket money. And Spa vouchers.

I will trustingly hold them for you and use them frequently, to spoil you, of course. And to cover my personal basic needs (like the monthly payments for my very basic Benz 600CL).

Don't worry, it will be only a fraction of what I spend on spoiling you.

Well, you might have to get new cards after a few days. And report the old ones stolen to protect yourself from misfortune and prosecution. But hell, these few days will be truely remarkable and unforgettable. Promise!

I just talk to hubby, he know about credit card because he check about that for chamber of commerce. he tell me. "Bank in Thailand, don?t want to give for foreigner because foreigner can just get on plane and go away, not have to pay back money.

He say have to be Thailand for long time and can show bank regular income.

For Thai is not hard, but for foreigner is very hard to get credit card.

For Credit-Card applying to local banks in BKK

You need to submit :

1. a set of copy : Your Work Permit - over 2 years at least

2. a set of copy : Your Book Bank - Bank Statement.

3. a set of copy : Your Passport with None Immigrant -B Visa Type -Stamped on it

.... MMMm maybe something else...

-WB-

4. big stack of money and good watch

5. a mobile phone < No. thats in your name NOT a top-up one> ... really. :idea:

I am kind of a bit offended .... that ppl think I could NOT be able to earn more than 25,000 ThB by myself... really. :roll:

-WB-

"earn"? Did you really say "earn"? Since when does golddigging count as "earning"?

I am disappointed. You were my last hope - I always admired you for your ability to make life seeming so easy and simple. No work, no "earning" - just find the right one and the candy starts falling into your lap. Don't pull the curtain, pls.

I am kind of a bit offended .... that ppl think I could NOT be able to earn more than 25,000 ThB by myself... really. :roll:

-WB-

"earn"? Did you really say "earn"? Since when does golddigging count as "earning"?

I am disappointed. You were my last hope - I always admired you for your ability to make life seeming so easy and simple. No work, no "earning" - just find the right one and the candy starts falling into your lap. Don't pull the curtain, pls.

:lol:

Right ....

Mattie Darling....

Being a Super Duper Trooper professional -Gold-Digger-... You can NOT be stupid. < You can always do so many things at the same time ... it depends on how you function your brain... and opportunities < GD knows how to get Good Opportunitie.. its in their nature... really :idea: >

1. Stock-Market .. ask and learn from Sugar Dada.. :wink:

2. Small Businesses ... Mates... Cycle of Good & Smart Mates :roll:

3. Executive Job .. You do NOT need to go to work every days .. really. :!:

.. See !!

"Its NOT about MONEY... its about Brain" ..according to stinkyboots.. :D

For Credit-Card applying to local banks in BKK

You need to submit :

1. a set of copy : Your Work Permit - over 2 years at least

2. a set of copy : Your Book Bank - Bank Statement.

3. a set of copy : Your Passport with None Immigrant -B Visa Type -Stamped on it

.... MMMm maybe something else...

-WB-

4. big stack of money and good watch

5. a mobile phone < No. thats in your name NOT a top-up one> ... really. :idea:

a phone? i thought a watch was enough :cry:

*rushes to big c, shop for a phone*

Yep .. Phone is Needed... seriously!

A home phone will DO ... actually.

Either a mobile or a home phone... they need to be in your name or your Company name < if you were the owner>... as they could be abel to track you down ... I guess.>

Yep ... simply get a corperate credit card ... Amex does give unlimited credit.

< though that depends on your company situation and cash-flow ... too>

Do normal AMEX cards have no limit? Thought that was exclusive to Gold and up. Plus technically AMEX isn't a credit card as you have to pay it all off at the end of each monthly cycle.

2U,

Mmm I do Not know much about normal One.

One of my Mates has a green one, she does has unlimitted credit as she was using this card for almost 10 years < a very good cutomer who always pays on time.. so, I think it all depends on your reliable record & bank statement.>

BUT for corperate ones >>> it depends on your comapny situation.

My Boss has a main One and then he makes 4-5 more supliment cards to his executive staffs.

My boss get unlimitted credit <well thats what Amex told him.. I never see he uses it to buy a Mercedez, not yet anyway> BUT we get limitted credit enough to cover for travelling expense and for customer-entertaining expense. Though my company is just a medium int. company.

-WB-