Typing in ä·Â - Keyboard stickers

RoobLaw

Before I head back to the USA, I was planning on going to Pantip to purchase a keyboard with Thai characters as I sometimes chat and type in Thai.

I'm in an internet cafe that has standard keyboards, and stickers that are pasted on the keys with the Thai characters as well.

At home, I use a natural keyboard (which probably isn't very popular here, which I hope to find in Pantip), but I was wondering if there's a place where I can purchase these stickers?

If anyone has any info, please advise.

Of course, maybe I'll easily get these answers when I make my trip to Pantip.

Does everyone know what I mean by a "natural" (curvey) keyboard?

I bought them in a PC shop in pattaya...There are several types though...The paper ones don't seem to last..I bought the more expensive type (around 80baht) seem to be made of some type of plastic or acrylic...been on my laptop for two years no probs...Just google for ''Thai keyboard'' and you will find a website that gives you the positions of the various letters on the keyboard..

Careful of the quality.

I bought a set at Emporium (the department store proper, not the surrounding shops), for something less than 100 baht.

They lasted for a few months, then the ink began to wear away. Before long I couldn't read half the stickers.

So I removed them. Leaving all kinds of adhesive clinging to the keys of my laptop. I cleaned up some of it, left some to wear away. Months later, there's still dust/adhesive clinging to various keys.

Solution: Get a keyboard that has the characters permanently imprinted. Or, get stickers with the characters printed on the underside of the plastic so that your fingertips don't wear them away.

Don't tell me about those Thai keyboards. I always get crazy when I have to type a message in Thailand. It's already enough hat I'm a bad typer on an AZERTY keyboard and that in Thailand they use QUERTY Keyboards. And then those strange Thai characters even confuse me more. :shock:

I think next time I'll bring my own keyboard to Thailand. :P

Why not just get a Thai/English keyboard? I mean one that doesn't need stickers and already has the markings of both languages. That's what I have and it's a very nice keyboard made by logitech.

I've considered that, but here's the problem:

I use a natural (curvey) keyboard at home.

I went to Pantip today and found three stores that have special Natural keyboards, but they are in English only. I asked around in many stores and the few stores that did carry such "natural" keyboards were English only.

äÃèÃÕÀÒÉÒä·ÂàÅÂ

I decided to buy a few packs of stickers of different styles, quality, and colors.

Careful of the quality.

Solution: ... get stickers with the characters printed on the underside of the plastic so that your fingertips don't wear them away.

Hyper,

¢Ãº¤Ø³ÃÒ¡¤ÃѺààÅÃ⪤´Õ»ÕãËÃè´éÇÂ

My next question is Procedure for setting a PC to type in both Thai and English? in this thread.